888 replies to this topic

Da New Redbulls

Da New Redbulls

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Supports:Ny RedBulls Man City Barcelona
Will he be the player Backe was talkin about for the midfield that is where he play for Mexico ....... Right ???

http://www.dailyharr.../439-homecoming

http://www.nypost.co...uISORgCXs2wEcJP

And of course they'll be happy to pair him up front with Juan Pablo Angel, whose nine goals are second in the league. And they're not done shopping yet, still negotiating with a third DP. Their attempts to get a classic 10 have failed, but coach Hans Backe said there's still a chance at a holding midfielder.

"I could say that we still are in negotiations with him. I'm not sure if I'm realistic thinking it's possible for that to go through,'' Backe said. "It is a DP player. But I haven’t heard that much the last three or four days. There's still of course a lot of time to negotiate, but I really hope (we get him). But nothing is getting closer with that. He's a very, very good distributer, his passing game is excellent

John P

John P

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT, DIM, R. Madrid

Will he be the player Backe was talkin about for the midfield that is where he play for Mexico ....... Right ???

http://www.dailyharr.../439-homecoming

Why would we want another defensive midfielder/CB? Hans has said over and over that he is looking for a classic #10 and Marquez is not.

MikeV

MikeV

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts
  • Supports:Metros
God I hope not, I'd hate to cheer for that fuck.

Da New Redbulls

Da New Redbulls

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts

Why would we want another defensive midfielder/CB? Hans has said over and over that he is looking for a classic #10 and Marquez is not.

you didnt read the post here is what Backe said in the post

And they're not done shopping yet, still negotiating with a third DP. Their attempts to get a classic 10 have failed, but coach Hans Backe said there's still a chance at a holding midfielder.

"I could say that we still are in negotiations with him. I'm not sure if I'm realistic thinking it's possible for that to go through,'' Backe said. "It is a DP player. But I haven’t heard that much the last three or four days. There's still of course a lot of time to negotiate, but I really hope (we get him). But nothing is getting closer with that. He's a very, very good distributer, his passing game is excellent

Da New Redbulls

Da New Redbulls

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts

I hear what you saying but the guy is a really good player

JayJeeMoNee

JayJeeMoNee

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,015 posts
  • Interests:Metro | USA | USMNT | Dortmund
  • Supports:MetroStars

+1,000,000,000,000.

(Formerly JonnyG)

"In church, they say that suffering is good for the soul. I like to view my love for this team as being a spiritual exercise." - Steve B2

Ralph

Ralph

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Supports:FORZA METRO / LIVERPOOL FC

+1,000,000,000,000.

fuckin second that. that fuck needs to stay the hell away from us.
Ole, Ole
Ole, Ole
FORZA METRO
Ole, Ole

Thats my favorite song

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Merge threads in 5......4......3.....2.....

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

matador

matador

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,594 posts
  • Supports:metro, USMNT
Even if this doesnt necessarily seem like a backe signing (which based on his quotes may not necessarily be the case anyway) if you think he is the only one with imput in DP signings you is deliriouz.

Da New Redbulls

Da New Redbulls

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
I dont know the guy as to what kind of person he is .. But from that i saw from watching him on Mexico and Barcelona the guy is a great passer of the ball and he is great on free kick so i dont care what he did before if he can help the Red Bulls win the MLS CUP please bring him on because we have to great players up top in Angel and TH14 we dont have anyone to get them the ball and from what i saw in the World Cup he did that for Mexico.

kawandinho

kawandinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts
  • Interests:big hips ... a wide backsides
  • Supports:NYRedbulls Milan

I dont know the guy as to what kind of person he is .. But from that i saw from watching him on Mexico and Barcelona the guy is a great passer of the ball and he is great on free kick so i dont care what he did before if he can help the Red Bulls win the MLS CUP please bring him on because we have to great players up top in Angel and TH14 we dont have anyone to get them the ball and from what i saw in the World Cup he did that for Mexico.

+ 20 million on that , it pretty stupid to bring the US Mexico rivalry into this. Club football has nothing to do with the USMNT . He will make this team much better. He's better than Shalrie Joseph defensively and he's a better passer than he is. He's the Engine in that Mexican team that Dominated France and England in the lead up to this cup. This is also the same guy that Kept Lionel Messi under raps for 90 minutes in that Argentina game . If we get him we will be as good or even better than the Galaxy.
sigh, who to blame? who to blame? oh BACKE seems ideal .
Carbonero-Enzo-Jroke = Father-Son-Holy Ghost - three in one the god hater.

Diablo

Diablo

First Team

• PipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos and MetroStars
Looks like the wage problems at Barcelona are starting to take it's toll. Shit at this rate Messi will be here by Xmas . Looks like all the non Spanish talent is being shipped out. Henry ,Marquez, Toure(Man City) who else have they gotten rid of?
COSMOS1971-84-2013

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats
When I saw the thread I thought it said "Rafa Benitez."

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York
It is funny, though. This franchise can't stay away from bringing in people we used to cheer against. Serna, Diallo, Pope, R. Williams, Moreno, Razov, the list goes on. I'm still shocked we haven't signed Pat Noonan somehow.

Marquez is a heck of a player; I don't know how much he has left in the tank since I don't watch Barca all that often. The times I saw him he seemed to be losing a step off of his old pace, but MLS speed is not UEFA CL speed, so, I don't doubt he could come in here and do well. It is funny, he was always a classy player, it seemed, except when he played the US he was a complete nut. The things you saw vs. the US, you didn't see when he played for Barca. He admitted it after the last game (iirc) at Columbus in the Hex, he loses his mind and becomes a red card machine vs. the US. No one will ever forget the spearing he threw at Cobi in '02. Maybe it is because his transgressions against us always hurt his own team more than ours, but, I still save a lot more hate for Luis Hernandez, Torrado, Blanco and others than I do for Marquez. To me, he was never really the face of the hate the way Borguetti or others were. After years of villains wearing our shirt, he is small potatoes compared to those who have come before him. I could live with him being on the team without necessarily loving the guy.

You can kind of see the map laid out though. Henry DP. Marquez DP. Angel DP...but expiring. Marquez now shelves the # 10 DP until January at which point we make Angel an offer of either a non-DP high MLS salary or a plane ticket to Mexico/S. America. If he takes it and stays, we'd have 3 DPs and Angel, if not, we'd have Henry in Angel's role next year- the penciled in starter alongside some combination of Agudelo/Chinn/Chirgadze/etc., whoever the 2011 version of Salou will be. With Henry, Angel doesn't have to carry the load and he'll have a more athletic partner up top to do the running and slot passes in for him to finish. Can he keep it up long enough to play a starting role in 2011, when we'll host the MLS Cup final at RBA and the soda peeps will have the super-Hard-on for us to be playing in that final? Hmm.

I agree that DM isn't our biggest need, but he is still a cut above every one of the players we have on our roster, probably including Angel. If they can't get a # 10, getting a really skilled player to play DM or D depending on need isn't a terrible option. We need an upgrade at goalie, I'd still like to see someone else on RW than Richards, but...this will make us a more solid team, no argument there. If Backe plays him in the back, you'd have him in the Petke roll alongside Ream; if in the midfield, Stammler/Tchani seem set to sit. Kinda wish that wasn't the case, but, he's still way more skilled than either of them.

Then you have the question is in the stands. Of all the talk about ethnic pandering, we never really talked about reaching out to the Mexicans, 'cause we always assumed it would be a Brazilian or a Portuguese player. There are enough Mexicans for Marquez to add a few thousand a game at the gate, but, how often do they come back?

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats
Don't forget Dema. We used to hate him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users