RedBullOut

RedBullOut

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Supports:The sale of our club

Impacting the Bottom Line: The #RedBullOut Merchandise Boycott

Many have offered their assistance with the Red Bull Out cause over the past few weeks.  The single most effective thing we can do right now is to vote with our wallets.  If you're supportive of this cause, if you're supportive of an owner who puts our club above all other interests, please participate in this effort.

We also recommend you contact Red Bull directly to let them know that you will not be supporting their brand promotion any further.

http://energydrink-a...ntakt-allgemein

If you'd like to contact Ali Curtis directly:

E-mail: ali.curtis@newyorkredbulls.com

If you'd like to contact Marc DeGrandpre:

E-mail: Marc.DeGrandpre@newyorkredbulls.com

Like any corporation, Red Bull views the success of its clubs in the amount of revenue it generates.  For Red Bull, that means sales of their disgusting drink and also a small return on investment for the club itself.   Thanks to signings of high profile players like Thierry Henry and Tim Cahill, Red Bull has been able to promote their drink to millions of fans across the world through NYRB merchandise sales. Most would purchase the shirt for the ‘Henry’ on the back, rather than the logo on the front. 

To coincide with the RB jersey launch (including a laughably cynical attempt to acknowledge prior history), #RedBullOut is calling for a merchandise boycott to help accelerate a sale of our club.  While we may not be able to purchase the club ourselves, we have seen Red Bull sell off previous assets once operating costs became too high and revenues diminished.  This was the rationale cited when the RB Ghana project was put up for sale. 

Red Bull is already attempting to cut operating costs (farming out ticket sales to Ticketmaster leading to more expensive ticket prices, lowering expenditures on the roster, spending nothing on marketing, skimping on season ticket perks) in an effort to improve its bottom line.  We believe that a merchandise boycott sends a strong message that we are no longer willing  to tolerate their management and ownership of our club and no longer willing to be a billboard for their product.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Haven't spent a dime on RB Merch since the takeover.

#RedBullOut

Right Back

Right Back

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts
  • Interests:RedBullOut
  • Supports:Metro, RedBullOut

People should really advertise this at games by handing out leaflets, going to pregame areas, etc. Even those attending the games can make sure they're still doing their part to drive out the overlords. 

#RedBullOut

Rats get fat, good men die.

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro

Haven't spent a dime on RB Merch since the takeover.

I guess I now know how most people felt first hand. To be fair, I was overseas for first 5 years and when I came back in 2011 it seems I just wanted to take it all in.  After all the fiasco, I feel so mad and embarrassed by the brand, how can I enjoy the game now :(

NYC is Red

NYC is Red

Reserve Team

• PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Man United, US Soccer

It will be hard for anyone not to buy this year's home kit.

tat106

tat106

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts
  • Supports:MetroReds, USMNT

Says who? For some the 2006 all-red home and the 2011 midnight blue road, have yet to be topped. I'm sure folk will get the new one but I doubt that the red and black striped inside the collar will have folk bum-rushing the Bullshop or Modell's.

"It's not genius, it's practice." - Thierry Henry

HarlemKnight

HarlemKnight

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, US National Team

Says who? For some the 2006 all-red home and the 2011 midnight blue road, have yet to be topped. I'm sure folk will get the new one but I doubt that the red and black striped inside the collar will have folk bum-rushing the Bullshop or Modell's.

That is, if you can actually FIND a 2015 RBNY shirt at Modell's. Most of the stores are carrying NYCFC gear.

In aliquo puncto, vos have ut decernere si vos es a fan verum Morbi fan ut vere aut vult Morbi ludis.

MikeV

MikeV

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts
  • Supports:Metros

I donated all my gear at at the #RedBullOut event during the town hall. Of course that consisted entirely of free season ticket holder gifts but still. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Huh?  Its really nothing special.  I have RB Agudelo (signed charity lottery win) and Luke Rodgers, and Salzburg (Sekagya signed) home jerseys, and my go-to double-signed Petke away jersey already.  No one but a hardcore could tell from 10 feet a way what year they are from.  No need for anything more.   With or without the boycott, they won't sell much of anything until they get a big name.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Really nice effort.

How will success be measured?

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Really nice effort.

Seriously?  This is a symbolic gesture at best.   Worthwhile but it will be no more than a rounding error on their sales. 

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

MikeV

MikeV

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts
  • Supports:Metros

Really nice effort.

The goal is always to pressure Red Bull to sell. We are under no illusions that this alone will bring Red Bull to its knees. Rather we hope and believe that this combined with other actions, boycotts and events will eventually make owning our team a nuisance to Austria. 

rzrhtr

rzrhtr

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

I think it's awful and I can't be the only one.

adam22

adam22

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts
  • Supports:Metro

It should be real fuckin' easy, considering the logo across the chest.

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

A league wide strike would really hurt RB merch sales.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users