35 replies to this topic

guitarguru44

guitarguru44

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts
  • Supports:Redbulls, USMNT
Honestly we sucked last year and this off season we completely went down a level.

1. Lost Tim Ream, one of our best players. Fair enough, the best young players always move along, this is how MLS works.
2. Got Luke Rodgers stuck in England. Why didn't we clear any of this before he left? Amateur.
3. Didn't solve our goalie situation. We are starting a rookie with no experience and his backup is another rookie with no experience. Bouna time.
4. Rafa Marquez is still on the team. No Mexican teams wanted this scrub. He is just going to continue his terrible attitude and terrible play even though he is trying to pretend he's all about the team now.
5. Kenny Cooper is a great player to pick up although I do think we should have used the off season to pick up someone other than a forward. Even though he is clearly our second best striker (at least while Rodgers is stuck in another country) we don't choose to play him.
6. Picked up Conde but he is injured. Fair enough. This was a gamble that so far hasn't paid off but hopefully he can get better soon.
7. Lost Mendes who was always a solid player whenever he was needed.

Same old metro?

guitarguru44

guitarguru44

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts
  • Supports:Redbulls, USMNT
8. Didn't practice any set piece defending all off season even though it was one of our weakest areas.

Sandman527

Sandman527

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Honestly we sucked last year and this off season we completely went down a level.

1. Lost Tim Ream, one of our best players. Fair enough, the best young players always move along, this is how MLS works.
2. Got Luke Rodgers stuck in England. Why didn't we clear any of this before he left? Amateur.
3. Didn't solve our goalie situation. We are starting a rookie with no experience and his backup is another rookie with no experience. Bouna time.
4. Rafa Marquez is still on the team. No Mexican teams wanted this scrub. He is just going to continue his terrible attitude and terrible play even though he is trying to pretend he's all about the team now.
5. Kenny Cooper is a great player to pick up although I do think we should have used the off season to pick up someone other than a forward. Even though he is clearly our second best striker (at least while Rodgers is stuck in another country) we don't choose to play him.
6. Picked up Conde but he is injured. Fair enough. This was a gamble that so far hasn't paid off but hopefully he can get better soon.
7. Lost Mendes who was always a solid player whenever he was needed.

Same old metro?

Posted Image

jroke

jroke

Reserve Team

• PipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Supports:anyone BUT redbull
if this is what this clown has achieved over the offseason with this group, he's more fucking clueless than I thought. They should have zip lined

his ass into the mexican jungle when they had the chance.. absolutely PATHETIC

JayJeeMoNee

JayJeeMoNee

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,015 posts
  • Interests:Metro | USA | USMNT | Dortmund
  • Supports:MetroStars
Holgersson.

Can't pass the ball for his life. Slower than a snail in peanut butter. Responsible for the first goal, and kept Villar onside for the second.

(Formerly JonnyG)

"In church, they say that suffering is good for the soul. I like to view my love for this team as being a spiritual exercise." - Steve B2

Frog

Frog

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Supports:Metro
At least the announcers let us know that they watched us train yesterday and no work on set pieces were done. Definitely makes sense.

Matrim55

Matrim55

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,309 posts
  • Supports:Metros
Any time you get a 'keeper who could start for you for 15 years, you haven't wasted the offseason.

Not completely, anyway.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Holgersson.

Dax also had a clear chance to clear the ball on the 1st goal and messed up. 2 chances to clear and we serve it on a platter.

2nd goal, it was a bad turnover by Miller. But also really bad communication by Keel and Tainio. Tanio was tracking Villar back and had him. He let him go and went after the guy with the ball as did Keel. That left Villar all alone. Horrific communication. Someone's got to give a shout.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

hackmeister

hackmeister

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts
  • Interests:Futbol, linux, hunting, drinking beer
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

Holgersson.

Can't pass the ball for his life. Slower than a snail in peanut butter. Responsible for the first goal, and kept Villar onside for the second.

Really? I saw Dax make a shit clearance, more of a pass to the other team as the final touch from our guys.

Matrim55

Matrim55

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,309 posts

Dax also had a clear chance to clear the ball on the 1st goal and messed up. 2 chances to clear and we serve it on a platter.

2nd goal, it was a bad turnover by Miller. But also really bad communication by Keel and Tainio. Tanio was tracking Villar back and had him. He let him go and went after the guy with the ball as did Keel. That left Villar all alone. Horrific communication. Someone's got to give a shout.

Tainio's been living off his great performance over the first two months of last season IMHO. He has no range, he's always a bad foul waiting to happen, and his positional sense has somehow deserted him.

I think Dax will be a quality player if he's used correctly, as he was in 2009-10 in Dallas. I wouldn't trade him for peanuts or bury him on the bench - frankly, I think he and Palsson could be a pretty nice central combo. It won't be pretty, but neither were Houston last year.

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull

Any time you get a 'keeper who could start for you for 15 years, you haven't wasted the offseason.

Not completely, anyway.

Right

and the odds of that happening are.........................?

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts

Tainio's been living off his great performance over the first two months of last season IMHO. He has no range, he's always a bad foul waiting to happen, and his positional sense has somehow deserted him.

I think Dax will be a quality player if he's used correctly, as he was in 2009-10 in Dallas. I wouldn't trade him for peanuts or bury him on the bench - frankly, I think he and Palsson could be a pretty nice central combo. It won't be pretty, but neither were Houston last year.

I don't want to get into an intelligent conversation when everyone is emotional and reactionary but...... <_<

Tainio does work hard defensively and broke up quite a few attacks today. But at his age, he's not a 90 minute payer anymore...quite frankly, he wasn't a 90 minute player when he was 26. At his age he isn't going to cover the ground as you point out.

A player like Dax is extremely important, because of his engine and work ethic. You need the combo of experience and youth.

I fear a Tainio/Marquez central midfield combo more than anything. Dirtbag will drop back, split the CB's and play sweeper as he usually does and Tainio will sit in front of him. Old, slow and no one pushing up the middle.

Silly as it sounds, I believed then and now that Tchani was vital to this team. Big, strong and undercover fast he tried to make late runs in the box and pushed right up the middle. It gave us balance.

Daniel Hernandez and Jacobson just dropped back in front of Agedulo and Henry while Igo & their new CB smooshed them from behind. Our CM's were 40-yards away.

It was hilarious for me to watch long ball get headed out by the Dallas defense and their midfielders would control the ball with no one within 15 yards. It was comical......kind of like Ballouchy.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Matrim55

Matrim55

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,309 posts

Silly as it sounds, I believed then and now that Tchani was vital to this team.

Not silly at all. I was actually against the original De Ro trade from NY's standpoint.

This team hasn't been the same since Ballouchy replaced Tchani in September 2010. If Backe had just stayed with what was working then, I firmly believe RB would have a trophy by now.

Matrim55

Matrim55

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,309 posts

Right

and the odds of that happening are.........................?

Yeah, that's the issue of course.

Hopefully the kid makes it impossible to take him out of the lineup. I really think he's a top-tier 'keeper. Couldn't really have asked for a better debut, result aside.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts

Not silly at all. I was actually against the original De Ro trade from NY's standpoint.

This team hasn't been the same since Ballouchy replaced Tchani in September 2010. If Backe had just stayed with what was working then, I firmly believe RB would have a trophy by now.

I agree 100%.

I'm a bid DeRo fan but he wasn't going to be the guy everyone knew with out team. Henry is going to control and direct things in the final third and the ball is going to be at his feet. DeRo is not most effective that way. I watched a bunch of DC games on Direct Kick after he got traded. The entire DC team gave him the ball every single chance once they reached the midfield stripe. That's when he functions best.

That was never going to happen for him here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users