• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Agree mostly, but this season I don't see the "family environment" from the last two years. The way the Dax thing went down, which was all business, kind of makes the anything Marsch says about the team being a family ring hollow.

I think the Salzburg coach wants out more than Austria wants him out.

Yeah, Dax said the same thing but we only have the last two seasons to judge that.  And the last two seasons were very positive.

All I know is that Marsch has this team playing above their heads since he's been here... Most coaches don't get that out of their team.

Mynameisfutbol

Mynameisfutbol

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 984 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

Players come and go, coaches come and go. The team is the only constant.

Next story

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
  • Supports:Metro

If you were in his position you'd be doing the same. Let's be honest, no matter how much we enjoy our jobs everybody keeps an eye out in case something better comes along ....

This is absurd.

The coach should not be MIA so he can go get a license to coach somewhere else.

#RedBullOut

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Supports:METRO
Unless that someone else is your other, one level up team as is the case here. Looking at it from rb perspective not a fan's perspective of course. So I don't see rbny letting marsch do this unless he is being trained for another rb job.

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Missing practice to attend UEFA coaching course:

http://www.espnfc.us...coaching-course

I wouldnt read too much into this... i think its great that he is learning more abt the job.

Keep in mind that US soccer just launched its own version of this coaching license recently.

http://www.ussoccer....-license-course

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

The abysmal implementation of the 4-2-2-2 shows that he needs all the remedial training he can get, and the sooner, the better.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
If I was a teacher in New Jersey and my bosses found out I was taking time off in the beginning of the semester to fly to California to earn certification in that state what would they think? And yes I realize in this case the school in NJ just happens to run a school in California.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Unacceptable.

Pebble

Pebble

insightful, deep and most creative

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,467 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Rangers FC, #RedBullOut

If I was a teacher in New Jersey and my bosses found out I was taking time off in the beginning of the semester to fly to California to earn certification in that state what would they think? And yes I realize in this case the school in NJ just happens to run a school in California.

I'm not a teacher, but I did something similar to this and I had my company pay for it. That's generally what good companies do. They give their employees the opportunities to improve their knowledge base in order to grow and do the job better.

#RedBullOut

Thursday, November 27, 2008 -

After another Hatch shank over the crossbar...
"And Hatch wonders why nobody is covering him." - Tony Meola

tynian16

tynian16

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

I'm not a teacher, but I did something similar to this and I had my company pay for it. That's generally what good companies do. They give their employees the opportunities to improve their knowledge base in order to grow and do the job better.

I'm not a teacher either and my company fully paid for and allowed me to leave work early to take an educational experience that they knew would potentially encourage me to take another job elsewhere.

odsum25

odsum25

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Marsch missing a couple of days training to take the UEFA course is a nonissue, as far as I'm concerned. The team will be fine tomorrow.

Yeah, it's not ideal that he was gone a couple of days before a match, but this class is timed so that it occurs during an international break. MLS just happens to ignore the international window.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

If you were a teacher in NJ, it would all go by union rules.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

nlk10010

nlk10010

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

I'm not a teacher either and my company fully paid for and allowed me to leave work early to take an educational experience that they knew would potentially encourage me to take another job elsewhere.

Couldn't they just have fired you? :)

Red Bull encouraging the coach of their NY team to find a job elsewhere is of no interest? Really? This happens all the time in sports and holds no implications for the future of RBNY?

Man, I've got to get out more!

"The company loves its money.

If they could, they'd go to strip clubs and throw naked women at money."

Footie17

Footie17

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Portugal, Donuts

Couldn't they just have fired you? :)

Red Bull encouraging the coach of their NY team to find a job elsewhere is of no interest? Really? This happens all the time in sports and holds no implications for the future of RBNY?

Man, I've got to get out more!

I wouldn't say it's of no interest to me. It's more that there are other things to be concerned with than him going to Europe in the middle of the week as I know he's going to get the Salzburg job at some point in his career. The whole story with Hamlett taking over for Ali and Armas replacing Jesse is probably true, it's just that the timing didn't work out so Jesse is still here. And when you add in the fact that Armas passed on the RSL job to stay here, I'm sure there's at least a "gentlemen's handshake" agreement where Armas is going to takeover for Jesse when he leaves and he's simply biding his time. 

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

In my job that would be fine. In facr, my job would prob pay for it because at the end they want the best product.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users