78 replies to this topic

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Did anyone actually think this dude was supposed to do anything useful?

No. It's just amazing though that they gave this guy even a second of thought if they knew he was going to be a total zero for the club.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
We had the cap room and roster space. I'm all about a proven MLS veteran on the team if we aren't going to use the money elsewhere. For Red Bull, it adds to the story of academy players who ended up with the first team.

Ultimately, he is arguably a better player now than Muyl or Etienne but you need to give you players minutes and they know the system better.

He will likely continue to get time with the USL team and hopefully help groom those guys. I wouldn't be shocked to see him with the first team next year after having a whole training camp with them.

I'm happy we signed him simply for the full circle of his career. We should have signed him as a HGP but since the rules were (are) so strange, we were told "no" even though this is where he wanted to be.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

We had the cap room and roster space. I'm all about a proven MLS veteran on the team if we aren't going to use the money elsewhere. For Red Bull, it adds to the story of academy players who ended up with the first team.

Ultimately, he is arguably a better player now than Muyl or Etienne but you need to give you players minutes and they know the system better.

He will likely continue to get time with the USL team and hopefully help groom those guys. I wouldn't be shocked to see him with the first team next year after having a whole training camp with them.

I'm happy we signed him simply for the full circle of his career. We should have signed him as a HGP but since the rules were (are) so strange, we were told "no" even though this is where he wanted to be.

If he's better then Muyl it's a shame he's not seeing minutes.  Muyl played a ton this year and we're at a point in the season we should be worried less about Muyl's growth and more about making and advancing in the playoffs.  I'm guessing even if he is better than Muyl, Marsch doesn't agree.  Marsch has no problem not finding minutes for Etienne. If Jesse thought Duka was better, I would think he would be ok putting Muyl next to Etienne on the bench.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

I think Duka is smoother on the ball than Muyl. And I do remember him in an RBNY shirt when he was at Rutgers. 

Holy fuck had there been an HG rule years ago...the prospects that got away...

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users