RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Since when was Clark an HGP signing?
If we are counting players we traded the rights for, where is Redding and Koffi?

I was surprised to learn that you can not only trade for a player, but you can trade for their HG rights.  Seems odd.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Players by birth year, from 1961 to... 2006.

http://www.metrofana...m/birthyear.jsp

I feel old.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

jp917

jp917

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

I was surprised to learn that you can not only trade for a player, but you can trade for their HG rights.  Seems odd.

They traded Gallegos rights to Portland and acquired Koffis right from DC previously

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

... of Leipzig.

has an eu passport

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

has an eu passport

Are you confirming he has EU passport? 

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Austria cares more about transfer fees than New York winning MLS Cup. Its been worse in other years but it seems to have completely ramped up under Thelwell. Ive seen someone say it feels like 2015 but at least those guys had experience, this team is ridiculously young.

Yeah, and if that's the case then I bet I won't be the only supporter to hibernate their fandom through this looming era of suck. I just have no interest in watching teams that won't win.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

I am of the opinion any academy signings are a good thing. I don't care if he doesn't help first team this year. There's quite a bit of negativity here.   

I assume this is why Hot is taking his talents elsewhere...

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

I am of the opinion any academy signings are a good thing. I don't care if he doesn't help first team this year. There's quite a bit of negativity here.   

I assume this is why Hot is taking his talents elsewhere...

They are a great thing overall. But with Red Bull it's mostly become the only thing.

I'm just tired of seeing other teams make big signings and winning trophies while our front office is chasing high schoolers.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

... chasing high schoolers.

Sound like this should be Austin's M.O. 

That's what I love about these high school girls, man. - YouTube

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I don't think anyone is annoyed with this signing, or any academy/USL signing in a vacuum. But lots of fans are simply and understandably fed up with the lack of investment in the top end of our roster, and don't share your confidence that a championship can be won through the youth pipeline alone. So you're going to see a lot of eye rolls from those fans with each of these announcements until a true impact signing is made.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

They traded Gallegos rights to Portland and acquired Koffis right from DC previously

Bryan Gallego to Portland for Kimura and a second rounder (Ian Christanson) was a good deal for us.
We also traded Adam Najem's HG rights for a 2nd round pick (Niko de Vera).

Speaking of Bryan Gallego, saw this article a couple years ago. Audi R8. I guess real estate has been much more lucrative than his short USL career.
https://dailyvoice.c...e-crash/732214/

2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

jp917

jp917

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Bryan Gallego to Portland for Kimura and a second rounder (Ian Christanson) was a good deal for us.
We also traded Adam Najem's HG rights for a 2nd round pick (Niko de Vera).

Speaking of Bryan Gallego, saw this article a couple years ago. Audi R8. I guess real estate has been much more lucrative than his short USL career.
https://dailyvoice.c...e-crash/732214/

Ahh I knew I missed one, I wasnt sure about Najem

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

has an eu passport

Mom born in Portugal.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

He'll be taking up one of the very last roster spots and won't count towards the cap so its no big deal either way, but out of curiosity is there a reason that we wouldn't sign him to a USL instead of an MLS contract when the only point is to lock him down to force a transfer fee if he were to leave?

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

He'd earn more $$ with an MLS homegrown contract rather than a contract as an MLS reserve, I think. I don't recall the exact dollar amt, but it's significant enough. Sowe wasn't in the Academy long enough to merit an HG contract, iirc. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users