• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts
I really have no idea how this team is going to be any good...

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.

I hope this team blows. Fuck trialists. Keep going cheap, and tank, and lose everyone. Sell the fucking team.

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

elop76

elop76

Reserve Team

• PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Barcelona

Some people will support the team and others wont its really that simple. The team has the potential to be good based on the players on its roster.

Robles, Duvall, Miller, Oyongo, Alexander, Sam, McCarty, BWP, Luyindula, Stolz, that is a pretty good starting point. 

maxmini

maxmini

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Corinthians

I really have no idea how this team is going to be any good...

It's all in the coaching and sticking to the 300 page plan of Ali C.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

As it is now? Unlikely. There's still time left in the off season for signings though.

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts
No. This team won't be any good.

mkbloodyen

mkbloodyen

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Supports:Metro SC

We can probably manage the playoffs with our current roster, might be tight. Depending on our defending addition will depend on if we can make a cup run or not. Midfield is strong, Offense is strong - even without Henry imo. Defense just needs some work.

Rooney22

Rooney22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts
  • Supports:The Mighty Fucking Metro

Define good. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

It's all in the coaching and sticking to the 300 page plan of Ali C.

All you have to do is OBEY the plan
Which is page 1 of the plan

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

devil500

devil500

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,633 posts
  • Interests:Engineering
  • Supports:Metro

Mediocre that's what I'm expecting.

#RedBullOUT

DP3

DP3

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Fulham

I think the team will be mediocre, not bad. The defense is an obvious weakness, but the talent loss = Henry and Olave. Sam, BWP, McCarty, Robles, are still above average MLS players. We have a younger more athletic team and I have some faith in Marsch's abilities.  There have to be more signings as well right? 

But we could also be really bad, or really good (ha). If the game were played on paper then Toronto would have made the playoffs by now.

dreadbulls

dreadbulls

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts
  • Supports:The Metro, Flower City Union

Pending the arrival of a quality CB or two, I think the team is at least good enough to make the playoffs. I think a 5th or 6th place finish in the EC is likely.

Names change, owners come and go, but Metro never dies.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

"This team" isn't likely to play this year.  You have to think several starters aren't even signed yet.  We don't know who "this team" will be.  If that's not the case,  this team will not be good.   

The optimist thinks Peggy has another year in him, and/or Stolz is a rookie-of-the-year miracle.  The optimist thinks Miazga's U-23 stuff is fast-forwarding his development into a top MLS CB, and Jean Baptiste or whoever instantly develops a brilliant partnership with him.  The optimist thinks Duvall takes a big step forward.  The optimist thinks Oyongo picks up seamlessly from Henry, BWP keeps up his form without Titi, Sam and Dax stay healthy for a full season (getting occasional rest from super-sub Sal Zizzo).      We would need ALL of that to happen to be any good, absent some big acquisitions before pre-season is too far along.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

MikeV

MikeV

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts
  • Supports:Metros
I don't understand how anyone could think we will make the playoffs as is. We lost the best coach in team history, the best player in team history and our best defender. Nearly every team in the East got better. Unless they start pulling players out of a hat this is going to be a long season.

bukie2k

bukie2k

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,188 posts
  • Supports:ManU, Cosmos, Metros

Hoping this year's team craters early so the summer and fall are all the more agonizing for Ali 300, Jesse the Drinkman, and MdG.

When you are born, you get a ticket to the freak show. If you are born in the United States, you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users