• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

gears

gears

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Is it asking too much for a link to the article?

There is no article.

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Is it asking too much for a link to the article?

Just go to his twitter feed.

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA

Just go to his twitter feed.

How do I do that?

gears

gears

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

How do I do that?

https://www.google.c...&...790&bih=394

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
thanks

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts
Why do we still have an allocation order for returning US players? This isn't 1996 and we aren't organizing a new league.

simont

simont

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls USMNT Tottenham Hotspur

Why do we still have an allocation order for returning US players? This isn't 1996 and we aren't organizing a new league.

good point some thing i have been saying on FB. what is this league like 17 years old i think the clubs can teake care of them slefs.

i think the league harts them slefs by doing this. come on lets have biding wars like the rest of the world has.

simont

simont

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls USMNT Tottenham Hotspur
http://www.washingto...tdkIR_blog.html

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
Doesn't seem right. He would be signed by the league for the salary he would be getting if he signed directly with RB. He would know at least one team would pick him. Unless RB guaranteed him the starting job, or he wants to avoid Columbus (understandable), I don't see why he backed out.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

Doesn't seem right. He would be signed by the league for the salary he would be getting if he signed directly with RB. He would know at least one team would pick him. Unless RB guaranteed him the starting job, or he wants to avoid Columbus (understandable), I don't see why he backed out.

Maybe he just wants to play for New York and isn't dead-set on coming back to the States?

This league is a joke like 85% of the time.

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York
We have rules like this because the owners that want to run their teams on the cheap (NE, CLB, COL, etc) don't want to spend big to be competitive, and don't want to be forced to play in the deep water that teams like NY, LA, SEA can participate in salary-wise.

There is a board of governors that run the league, and the sway of small teams on the direction of the league is what keeps nickel & dime shit like this happening over & over again. It's a way to keep $ 3m teams from not getting routinely hosed by teams spending $ 14m on payroll.

Personally, I say fuck it. We don't need Luis Robles. Let's win with Meara & Vuolo, and fuck the MLS rules bullshit. Let Columbus file a discovery claim on the next Johnny Bumblefuck, let us grow our own players in the academy and ignore the lottery/allocation bullshit. We have the cash, between that & our academy, if we are smart enough, we should be fine without the artificial measures needed to maintain parity. Save the cap space we would have spent on him & use it on some extra defenders. Can never have too many of those.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Personally, I say fuck it. We don't need Luis Robles. Let's win with Meara & Vuolo, and fuck the MLS rules bullshit.

:cheers:

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

No one can be signed directly by RB (except DPs). League still owns all contracts. Single entity.

From what Goff is saying, Robles backed out "not wanting to subject himself to the random allocation process".
MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

No one can be signed directly by RB (except DPs). League still owns all contracts. Single entity.

From what Goff is saying, he wants to control his own destiny.

I can't blame him. If Manchester United wanted to sign me, I travelled to England, then was told that I was going to Wigan because they were next up in the allocation process........

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts
What, did he get in a game or two a few years ago? Hardly a national team fixture. You'd think they'd draw the line when someone's been out of the country for so long. You'd think there would be some kind of statute of limitations.

The salary cap is the self limiter at this point anyways. It is not as if any one team can stockpile all the best players.

I thought this Ching/Montreal thing was bullshit too. What a Mickey mouse operation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users