332 replies to this topic

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Dont see it as arrogance he knew they needed plan b but was not able to implement consistently and effectively
Players looked unsure and too much pulling back

Thiewell seems to know what he wants, what it takes to get there and has contacts to try

Yea, Id argue stupidity over arrogance. We did, and still do, need a Plan B for when Plan A didnt, doesnt, work. The issue with Armas was that the Plan B became his Plan A.

RB-NJ

RB-NJ

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
I dont like tearing down the character of Armas. He was in over his head doing a job that was beyond him and he didnt have success. He wasnt a terrible human being

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

I dont like tearing down the character of Armas. He was in over his head doing a job that was beyond him and he didnt have success. He wasnt a terrible human being

good guy, job that he wasn't ready for.  probably a good assistant still.  was a bit naive with personnel moves and tactical direction, before getting the players who could execute it.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre
Who knows whether plan B became plan A bc he thought going for 1-0 wins was actually a better way. Only Armas.

I'll stop piling onto my fellow monolingual Nuyorican primo, and hope he ends up in a situation where he can grow and succeed. Maybe he would've done better with better management above him pushing him on his decisions. Can't say anybody on the first team is currently set up to succeed.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Right, but it I think it would have to be after a loss, not a tie. Maybe if we tied DC, then lost to Philly. But, I will gladly take this loss if it expedites the departure of Armas, who should have been gone last year.

I can think of no fringe benefit or byproduct worthy of a loss to the Scum, especially at home.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

I can think of no fringe benefit or byproduct worthy of a loss to the Scum, especially at home.

This is the lone exception.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

This is the lone exception.

Because they still have Ben Olsen!!!

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
He's an avg coach. He sometime outcoached himself when he should of stuck with the press.

I dont see the outcome of this season as his fault. His players werent able to get the reps needed to build up their fitness for the press system.

I wouldnt be suprised if we are back to the old form in 2-3 weeks from now. Not due to coaching but due to regain of fitness.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid
Bring him back...? /s

Adding /s just in case

gas huffer

gas huffer

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Supports:metroboludos
Fuck no! Two wrongs dont make a right.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

Armas was just one of many problems.

Roster building has been bad for years.

MdG has run the off-the-field aspects into the ground.

Going to take time.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

He's an avg coach. He sometime outcoached himself when he should of stuck with the press.

I dont see the outcome of this season as his fault. His players werent able to get the reps needed to build up their fitness for the press system.

I wouldnt be suprised if we are back to the old form in 2-3 weeks from now. Not due to coaching but due to regain of fitness.

Philly plays a press system.  Seems like they were able to get in the reps needed.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Philly plays a press system.  Seems like they were able to get in the reps needed.

Doubling down on this.

Everyone is playing in the same circumstances. Get your shit together.

N8ballz

N8ballz

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts
  • Supports:metro

WTF!  Why did we get rid of him?  I thought he was doing a great job.

And Olsen didn't turn DC into a bunch of whining, diving.. oh, nevermind

-MetroSquard

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
https://www.goal.com...rj1c4xmdcphqf0a

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users