2447 replies to this topic

uptownbull

uptownbull

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts
  • Supports:metro, barca, usa
May the early indicators be legit, the team stay healthy, Pusetto or Wood get signed, and Metro do a Sherman's March to all the trophies.

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
  • Supports:METRO

dc down to Houston 0:2 in their home opener in a shitty MD stadium in the first half. They look pathetic and both goals were scored on bad passes by defenders which were intercepted for easy goals. Screaming chickens are awfully quiet since they're not on tv all the time. On a positive side stadium looks kinda full since it holds only 4000.

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,384 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, US, Russia

All their "young American core" are on the bench. Losers.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Huracan more and more

Dear god Ben Olsen never leave.

Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,108 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics

DC scored. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello and Mike Vallo

"Metro..."

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

And they tie it up in the 7th minute of 5 minutes of stoppage time. Fuck em

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Sometimes they need draws to make sure that Ben Olsen stays around forever.

Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,108 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics

I agree wholeheartedly. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello and Mike Vallo

"Metro..."

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,926 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Outside of NYCFC, it's stunning just how bad all the other regional teams are in comparison to us. I suppose a lot of it has to do with ownership... New Eng, Philly, and DC certainly rank near the bottom of MLS ownership and vision. 

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

ianuaditis

ianuaditis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Everton

Outside of NYCFC, it's stunning just how bad all the other regional teams are in comparison to us. I suppose a lot of it has to do with ownership... New Eng, Philly, and DC certainly rank near the bottom of MLS ownership and vision. 

boy city ownership is shit too (mostly for other reasons.)

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,238 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

boy city ownership is shit too (mostly for other reasons.)

I know. The Abu Dahbi people are pretty awful as well!!!
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,491 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
https://www.google.c...ls?platform=amp
https://arc-anglerfi...T3FSW2FOF4Y.jpg
What section will be ours in Audi Field?
https://www.dcunited.com

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
Were not good. I dont think theres a need to sugarcoat it at all, midfielder Paul Arriola said.

https://www.washingt...-to-mls-season/

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
A newer update about the screaming eagles going behind Barra Bravas and the district ultras back and forced them out of the supporters sections in the new stadium so they could have it all to themselves...

https://www.reddit.c...g_2018_at_audi/

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,491 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

https://www.reddit.c...g_2018_at_audi/

Link from one of the comments:
https://www.blackand...up-meeting-held
IMO, years of failure on the field have somehow convinced the DC FO that a new stadium would be filled with STHs. SE went pro-active and purchased 200 STs to endure that there would be a Supporters Section. I expect that individual SE members bought STs as well. The other SGs did not do this, collectively or individually. The FO & SE may or may not have some sort of agreement. SE will control re-sale of its 200 STs, presumably with their non-ST members having preference, and BB or DU members having to purchase single-game tickets in the SE section.
Is this due to a lack of foresight or planning by the other SGs or the FO? Seems likely. Is there a lack of communication between the SGs? Also seems likely. Have SE taken advantage of this lack of planning and communication? Possibly.
Can this be resolved? I do not know, but cannot imagine that there is now an area inside Audi Field to accommodate BB. Will BB & DU be content to just bitch and moan, or will they act out? Will SE do anything to assist the other SGs, or will they simply enjoy their Favorite Son status and monopoly over the Supporters Section?
Heck of a way to open their new house.
Also should remind the SW of the cooperation between our SGs and RBFO when RBA opened, which included a defined SW and a renumbering of sections to keep 101 as the home of ESC.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users