588 replies to this topic

Koko

Koko

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts
  • Supports:Metro

No Pussetto, then bring home Bobby Wood. No international spot needed!

Bobby Wood is NOT on the allocation list????

https://www.mlssoccer.com/allocation

ivo

ivo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Now that we've traded an international slot and we currently have more Int's than slots, we can all together forget about any big summer signings from S. America or Europe, like Robben or Pusseto.

What if I told you there is a way to acquire an I international slot if you need one?

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,473 posts
  • Interests:Football and Football, heading to the beach and the lake. Spending time with fam at parties and reading existentialism philosophy oh yeah cant forget anime. Oh yea and MiLo is pronounced Mee-Low, its short for Camilo.
They need to trade someone and get an international spot... Idk how they got The young Venezuelan even though he just turned 18 but they need to do the same thing for Juan Sebastián Peñaloza

After watching preseason and CCL I'm convinced Sean Davis and Muyl are definitely solid MLS caliber... But I don't think they are good enough to be starters or for New York to get to the next level. At best they should be kept for depth. To give guys a match off so the main starters play CCL and against better MLS sides and let Muyl and Davis play other games like against weaker MLS sides.

Peñaloza is going to be much better than both Davis and Muyl and frankly he already is. He's faster and way way way better finisher and better light-years better in a 1v1.

Trust me i was right about Andrés Ibarguen that's now lighting it up at America in México, btw he just had a MOTM performance in CCL, goal and assisted. I'm right about Juan Sebastián Peñaloza.

He'll be 18 in May, sign him ASAP.
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,749 posts

Seeing Bayern lose to RB Leipzig today got me looking at the lineups. No Robben even on the bench. He is a free agent in the summer. I know he is 34...but I wouldn't mind him on our right wing for a year and a half. He couldn't do worse than Muyl, right?  :cheers:

ivo

ivo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Seeing Bayern lose to RB Leipzig today got me looking at the lineups. No Robben even on the bench. He is a free agent in the summer. I know he is 34...but I wouldn't mind him on our right wing for a year and a half. He couldn't do worse than Muyl, right?  :cheers:

He sure wouldn't press as much but if he's available and willing to play here, sign that check.

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls
Bobby Wood is riding the bench at Hamburg. Break the bank for Wood.

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

I like Bobby Wood and I like the idea of bringing him here, but how would he be used?  He's not going to push BWP to the bench, at least not any time soon.  Do you go to 2 strikers, a formation which hasn't really brought out the best in BWP when it's been used in the past?  Or do you use Wood as a wide midfielder/winger type, which I'm not sure is his best position?

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,962 posts

I like Bobby Wood and I like the idea of bringing him here, but how would he be used?  He's not going to push BWP to the bench, at least not any time soon.  Do you go to 2 strikers, a formation which hasn't really brought out the best in BWP when it's been used in the past?  Or do you use Wood as a wide midfielder/winger type, which I'm not sure is his best position?

Yeah, it's hard to try to rush BWP out of here when he still looks good.  They have to make that decision by the summer because Wood is the perfect replacement.  Maybe do something like sign Wood in the summer and work him in how we've done with Rivas.  He'll get minutes and also acclimate to the system.  2 striker systems have never worked with BWP so not crazy about that idea.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

I don't know that Wood can't play the wing, but he didn't look great there (or at least not as good as he does as a #9).  If we're not going to play a two forward setup, we are probably better trying to sign a true winger.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,962 posts

I don't know that Wood can't play the wing, but he didn't look great there (or at least not as good as he does as a #9).  If we're not going to play a two forward setup, we are probably better trying to sign a true winger.

Only thing that sucks about that is it takes Davis off the field.  Don't know if the early games were an exception, but he looks really good this year.   We get another winger, and Davis isn't playing which I don't think is the best.

I like the idea of getting a replacement like Wood for BWP and then having Wood take over next year.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Only thing that sucks about that is it takes Davis off the field.  Don't know if the early games were an exception, but he looks really good this year.   We get another winger, and Davis isn't playing which I don't think is the best.

I like the idea of getting a replacement like Wood for BWP and then having Wood take over next year.

Would Wood be interested in leaving the Bundesliga for MLS to still ride ride the bench?

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,749 posts

Would Wood be interested in leaving the Bundesliga for MLS to still ride ride the bench?

If he is pining for our pine...

What kind of wood would Wood rather ride if Wood would ride on wood... :blink:

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,962 posts

Either way he's leaving the Bundesliga considering that team is getting relegated.  And he only wouldn't be the top option for a few months although he'll get minutes just like Rivas is getting minutes.  Then next year he turns into the top option.

But that only being the premise if we decide to move on from BWP.  Which now isn't a given considering he looks so damn good.  ANd hell, if we win the CCL or MLS Cup, BWP can hang out on a DP salary as long as he wants in my mind.

ivo

ivo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

BWP's salary is guaranteed at ~1.5m for next year iirc.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,491 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

BWP's salary is guaranteed at ~1.5m for next year iirc.

So, he is not going anywhere, and RB does not have the resources to pay his backup what Wood would want to be paid.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users