6 Murillo
7 Casseres
8 Escobar
9 Keita
-------------------
10 Valot
11 Bezecourt
12 Ndam

Valot and bezecourt should be close to a green card if they don't have it yet. They have been in usa since 2014

defendyourself

defendyourself

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

What Im posting is purely spreculation, so please feel free to help with facts that might need updating.

Caps traded for an International CB and I dont belive they have an Int slot. One of the things they were asking back from RBs was an Int slot. As we know, we dont currently have any Int slots available.

Id it possible that were currently and quickly trying to move one of our Int slots in order to free it up. Then trade it to the Caps in the Parker deal before someone else moves in?

As long as we dont trade the Amado slot.......

Like I said, pure speculation on my part and it may not be factually correct.

we have nine slots for i think 11 players now.  as long as slot is only traded for one year i am okay with it.  If we trade slot, question is how do we free up the 3 spaces?  Is someone else getting traded, do we have some green cards ready, or are we loaning down a couple guys to USL permanently?

I thought Valot may get waived but he made the 18 for CCL so he should be safe one would think.  Ndam and Casseres in theory could be loaned which would sit us at 9 guys, so not sure how they would trade the slot. without buying a new one

With that being said (no offense) I don't want keeping Valot or Beze on the team for example stopping us from acquiring a guy like Tim Parker.  

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,103 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Yeah, Hamlett must find a way to get us compliant with the int'l slots. We need the help at CB, and Parker could be it. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello and Mike Vallo

"Metro..."

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

Does Abang count against us for a spot? If he does get rid of him. Send down Escobar, Beze and Valot.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,489 posts
  • Supports:Metro, RBNYII, RBNY U23s, USMNT
Should be able to loan 2 players for the year to the USL team. Additionally, the INTL spots for USL are 7. We are fine there currently.

1: Kaku
2: Taxi
3: Royer
4: Murillo
5: Collin
6: Rzatkowski
7: Valot
8: Escobar
9: Bezecourt
Season loan to USL: Casseres and Ndam

Abang still out on loan and doesn't count against us. Contract with Red Bull ends in the summer, IIRC.
2013 & 2015 Supporters Shield Winners
As Long As We're Breathing

@CurseofCaricola

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,961 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Is Escobar long for this world? If they acquire Parker, that pushes him down to what, 4th on the CB pecking order? Plus he'll be gone for the WC. Seems like a waste of a precious slot.

The blue poseurs bought one yesterday from the Worms for 175K... Interestingly, a month ago Colorado bought one from KC for only 100!

And LAFC got a slot for the 70th pick of the draft. Weird.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Huracan more and more

Escobar seems maybe too good for a permanent loan to USL, but probably not worth the international spot to occasionally come off the bench.  I don't know what you do with him.  Would like to keep him in the long term.

Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

GMoney

GMoney

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,475 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Is Escobar long for this world? If they acquire Parker, that pushes him down to what, 4th on the CB pecking order? Plus he'll be gone for the WC. Seems like a waste of a precious slot.

The blue poseurs bought one yesterday from the Worms for 175K... Interestingly, a month ago Colorado bought one from KC for only 100!

And LAFC got a slot for the 70th pick of the draft. Weird.

Id prefer that we keep Escobar and move/waive Collin. The. Use Collins high salary for another area. With young CBs in Parker and Long, it is good to have a veteran around though.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,960 posts

Disagree big time there.  We are going to play the 3 man back line plenty this year and we needed another CB.  Escobar can come off the bench.  Hell, we need someone to come off the bench at that position.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,475 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Disagree big time there.  We are going to play the 3 man back line plenty this year and we needed another CB.  Escobar can come off the bench.  Hell, we need someone to come off the bench at that position.

I hear ya.

I just prefer this team not play with 3 in the back.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Koko

Koko

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I think this move pushes Collin out. Then management will have to decide which of the remaining CBs is their go to guy off the bench. The past two matches that bench guy has been Escobar so I think hes safe...for now.

CurbYourNewUrbanism

CurbYourNewUrbanism

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Arsenal

Parker trade reportedly involves us sending a 2018 international slot soooo who is getting the boot? 

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,488 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

so we're giving up a bonafide starter, funny money, and an INTL slot??? To quote Lando Calrissian, "This deal is getting worse all the time!"

uptownbull

uptownbull

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts
  • Supports:metro, barca, usa

If he can shut down Villa, Giovinco, Martinez etc the deal will look very good.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,103 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

We're at 12 currently. Need to whittle down to 8. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello and Mike Vallo

"Metro..."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users