26 replies to this topic

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,053 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal
Anyone else get there season ticket package yet? Scarves are the lightweight faux silk kind. It says New York Red Bulls on both sides, but logo itself isnt on either. Theres also a Cheryls magnet and a car magnet of the logo. The car magnet logo is grey and red, not the same coloring as whats on the soda.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Anyone else get there season ticket package yet? Scarves are the lightweight faux silk kind. It says New York Red Bulls on both sides, but logo itself isnt on either. Theres also a Cheryls magnet and a car magnet of the logo. The car magnet logo is grey and red, not the same coloring as whats on the soda.

Cheryl's magnet?

Lightweight scarves may seem cheap, but do make sense for most of the season.      Bugs the hell out of me that 99% of the prawns and champagne seats (aka, the cupholder seats) can't be bothered to show one on game day.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts

Can't wait to get home and check it out later. Sounds dumb but I've been waiting for a car magnet for a while. 

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,053 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Cheryl's magnet?

Lightweight scarves may seem cheap, but do make sense for most of the season.      Bugs the hell out of me that 99% of the prawns and champagne seats (aka, the cupholder seats) can't be bothered to show one on game day.

Ooops, that should be schedule magnet.  I like that it's a lightweight scarf.  I would never buy one, but it's nice to have for the summer games and I have enough of heavier scarves.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts

Ooops, that should be schedule magnet.  I like that it's a lightweight scarf.  I would never buy one, but it's nice to have for the summer games and I have enough of heavier scarves.

The are giving those away on opening day as well

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,437 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

nice can't wait to see it when i get home. i agree that the lightweight scarf makes more sense for most of the year

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Cheryl's magnet?

Scarves have a habit of knocking over the champagne and the cocktail sauce stains are brutal to get out...

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Cheryl's magnet?

edit: delete double post

CurbYourNewUrbanism

CurbYourNewUrbanism

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Arsenal

I find the whole scarf thing to be baffling once it starts getting warm to be honest. There was a game last year where it was over 90 degrees outside and I still saw tons of people with scarves on. 

The scarf culture originates from places where it is chilly most of the season. Mine goes away once it hits 60 degrees or so.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts

I find the whole scarf thing to be baffling once it starts getting warm to be honest. There was a game last year where it was over 90 degrees outside and I still saw tons of people with scarves on. 

The scarf culture originates from places where it is chilly most of the season. Mine goes away once it hits 60 degrees or so.

I could almost - almost - accept this weak rationalization, but weather is not a factor in those expensive seat owners' choice.   No one needs to wear the damn scarf for 90 minutes  when its 90 degrees... just bring it and hold it up at the proper time.

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

CurbYourNewUrbanism

CurbYourNewUrbanism

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Arsenal

Oh yeah, that wasn't really in response to the rich seat comment. Just an aside. Not defending those fuckers or their lack of participation at all.

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Oh yeah, that wasn't really in response to the rich seat comment. Just an aside. Not defending those fuckers or their lack of participation at all.

You mean those assholes chumps who have been buying multiple season tickets since before you were born to kickstart MLS and this Club? Yeah, I hate those no for good f...ers...  :)+

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

Can't wait to get home and check it out later. Sounds dumb but I've been waiting for a car magnet for a while. 

me 2 

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Metromaniac01

Metromaniac01

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, US Nats, SMF

Cheryl's magnet?

So if you don't bring a scarf into the stadium, you're not a good supporter? Ridiculous.

Absolutely. The scarf thing is just like Americans calling their soccer team Football Club. Its a copy cat of someone else's culture where scarves actually make sense (Winter seasons).

I own a few from around the world, none more prized than my old MPF scarves, but I don't wear them to RBA in the mid summer. They look cool hung up in the right room and are great for 3 or 4 cold weather games we have each season.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,437 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
Honestly I bring my scarf to most games but I don't wear it when it's hot. Also I don't hold it up during the anthem. Instead I wave it around like a terrible towel or rally towel. Does that make me a bad fan? Or a great one?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users