Ok doc.

CurbYourNewUrbanism

CurbYourNewUrbanism

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Arsenal
Based on tweets from players it looks like red jerseys Saturday and Redding potentially up with the first team.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,489 posts
  • Supports:Metro, RBNYII, RBNY U23s, USMNT

Based on tweets from players it looks like red jerseys Saturday and Redding potentially up with the first team.

Duncan showed off his #6, even without a team announcement yet.
2013 & 2015 Supporters Shield Winners
As Long As We're Breathing

@CurseofCaricola

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Huracan more and more

Duncan showed off his #6, even without a team announcement yet.

Nice job FO.
Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,108 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

at least we now know for sure that there's depth at RB beside Lade, cuz i was told Duncan's an outside back. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello and Mike Vallo

"Metro..."

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, MUFC, NYRB
My lineup for Portland

Rivas
Kaku - Davis - DE7
Lade - Valot - Duncan
Parker - Collin - Redding
Robles

Tijuana

BWP
Royer - Kaku - Muyl
Adams - Ratz
Taxi - Parker - Long - Murillo
Robles

I know its a weak team but BWP, Royer, Ratz, Tazi, Adams, Long, Murillo all need to be 100% Tuesday night.

Lets see how good Redding Duncan Valot are or if we need more depth guys.

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,491 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

from Ticketmaster, looks like a very sparse crowd tomorrow.  Aside from closing off entire sections to make the crowd that is there less spread out, what else can they do? it's your regular season home opener, you just signed a big name DP, and you're riding a wave of momentum after 3 big wins against foreign competition (2 olimpia, 1 tijuana).  I don't buy that a lack of billboards on the PATH is what is keeping people away. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,307 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

from Ticketmaster, looks like a very sparse crowd tomorrow.  Aside from closing off entire sections to make the crowd that is there less spread out, what else can they do? it's your regular season home opener, you just signed a big name DP, and you're riding a wave of momentum after 3 big wins against foreign competition (2 olimpia, 1 tijuana).  I don't buy that a lack of billboards on the PATH is what is keeping people away. 

Our home openers are always sparsely attended.  Literal fair weather fans.

He's not a "big name DP."  He's hardly a big name in his hometown.

No one knows  or cares about CCL outside of the hardcores.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

ivo

ivo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Big name DP is a stretch. Many of us on here hadn't heard of Kaku, let alone the average RB fan. I don't like it when they close sections, sparse crowd or not.

Yeah, numbers don't seem great, but what are you going to do indeed. More advertising could bring additional people in but not necessarily enough to even pay for what was spent, so I don't really blame NYRB. For many people/families with kids, evening cold weather games are just a no-go.

pushthepace

pushthepace

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

We signed Kaku, not Kaka. 

Had we signed Kaka then I would genuinely be worried and disappointed if there wasn't an uptick in attendance with a huge Brazilian population minutes away from RBA. I don't think anyone ever expected the Kaku signing to put butts in seats, at least not initially. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,491 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

We signed Kaku, not Kaka. 

Perhaps we should have misspelled his nickname in the Portuguese language press release? 

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

rhactl7

rhactl7

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

The people that could be persuaded by a billboard ad are not the same people who have any idea about who Kaku is or what CCL is. 

The Falcon

The Falcon

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Is there still snow on the ground?  What's it looking like outside?  Expected kickoff outside temp?

The Falcon

The Falcon

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

<script language='javascript'> </script>

Is there still snow on the ground?  What's it looking like outside?  Expected kickoff outside temp?

And to clarify, I'm in Atlanta.

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,491 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

kickoff probably low 30s.  no snow in the forecast, but plenty of snow still in crosswalks and sidewalks in NJ.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users