7 replies to this topic

magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,451 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, US, Russia
Looks like 24 of the Univision games will be streamed in  English on Twitter this year. Not sure if any of ours are there.

https://twitter.com/...1065111553?s=21

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Rochester Rhinos, USMNT
Is there a Twitter app on Roku? If so, my casual Friday night MLS watching just got better as Ill be able to listen in English.

Ill miss the GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL tho.

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,828 posts
  • Supports:My local MLS team
Will they use the same announcers as the English commentary on UniMas? What a joy they are. [/sarcasm]
Loyal supporter of the 2013, 2015, and 2018 MLS Champions: RBNY/Metro
RBNY II aka "The Baby Bulls" are the 2016 USL Cup Champions!
Playoffs are stupid in soccer and I don't care if that hurts your feelings.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,720 posts
  • Supports:Metro, RBNYII, RBNY U23s, USMNT

Will they use the same announcers as the English commentary on UniMas? What a joy they are. [/sarcasm]

Somehow Ramses Sandoval still is employed for the 2018 season... sigh.
2013, 2015 and 2018 Supporters Shield Winners
As Long As We're Breathing

@CurseofCaricola

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I tuned into the RSL-LAFC game right as LA scored their 5th, and got to hear his classic "No no no no no no.  That's not a goal..... It's a goalazo!!!!" 

How does he still have a job?

Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,437 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYJ

I tuned into the RSL-LAFC game right as LA scored their 5th, and got to hear his classic "No no no no no no.  That's not a goal..... It's a goalazo!!!!" 

How does he still have a job?

Hah, I saw that too.  I'm like wait, was there a foul or off-sides?  Why aren't the players reacting?  What a clown.

nlk10010

nlk10010

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Well, I understand, I guess you could be charitable and call that crew's work "awkward". But they spent what must have been half an hour's time complaining about one of the goals not being called offside, even after video review. I thought they would have at least MENTIONED that the last pass might have been backwards, but apparently it never occurred to them.

Still, I much prefer having a bunch of English words (which I understand) thrown at me during the match than Spanish ones (which I don't). So I'm glad Univision at least offers SOME SAP capability (though it took EONS to figure out how to get to it on FIOS).

"I have been offered a lot for my work....but never everything." - Chris Adams

(earliest known reference to the principle of diminishing marginal utility of wealth).

Frog

Frog

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Well, I understand, I guess you could be charitable and call that crew's work "awkward". But they spent what must have been half an hour's time complaining about one of the goals not being called offside, even after video review. I thought they would have at least MENTIONED that the last pass might have been backwards, but apparently it never occurred to them.

Still, I much prefer having a bunch of English words (which I understand) thrown at me during the match than Spanish ones (which I don't). So I'm glad Univision at least offers SOME SAP capability (though it took EONS to figure out how to get to it on FIOS).

Were you able to figure it out on FiOS?  I still cannot get it to work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users