234 replies to this topic

DHatch

DHatch

Site Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,283 posts
  • Supports:Mighty Metros

The first two goals on his highlight reel were already enough to surpass anything that Klimala and Barlow have done combined.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

The first two goals on his highlight reel were already enough to surpass anything that Klimala and Barlow have done combined.

Have you seen Barlow highlights from USL? Can't take much away from these highlight videos. Even some pathetic scrubs can be made to look good. We don't know much about this guy except that he is young and has no pedigree or accomplishments to show for. Klimala had a lot more accomplishments before he came here, so he may not only be behind Balow and Klimala, but also I am not sure how he compares to guys like Zach Ryan and such.

DHatch

DHatch

Site Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,283 posts
  • Supports:Mighty Metros

Have you seen Barlow highlights from USL? Can't take much away from these highlight videos. Even some pathetic scrubs can be made to look good. We don't know much about this guy except that he is young and has no pedigree or accomplishments to show for. Klimala had a lot more accomplishments before he came here, so he may not only be behind Balow and Klimala, but also I am not sure how he compares to guys like Zach Ryan and such.

I hear you but they are quality side volleys with a high degree of difficulty. No editing can make that happen.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

I hear you but they are quality side volleys with a high degree of difficulty. No editing can make that happen.

I know - the point is they are rare. The guy has not done much.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

He's from Gremio so he may just be the next Ronaldinho. Watch out if he gets a Jheri curl!

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

or he could be the next Paulo Nunes. lol

supposedly he has lots of pace, so we could def use that if we do Route 1 stuff and send long balls over the top to keep the other team honest. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Talent is talent but this definitely feels like a weird prioritization. Unless Schneider knows something we don't we're going to have a lot of attacking mids on the roster next season. Maybe they view him primarily as a forward.

Clark gone next year and I think I read somewhere that Omir's contract expires end of season (though not a free agent).  But like you i hope hes viewed as a forward.  if next year him and Ngoma could be the two center forwards from an athletic standpoint that would be deadly.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Clark gone next year and I think I read somewhere that Omir's contract expires end of season (though not a free agent).  But like you i hope hes viewed as a forward.  if next year him and Ngoma could be the two center forwards from an athletic standpoint that would be deadly.

I see zero chance Omir leaves. He's exactly the kind of roster filler you need to contend. We're struggling to find minutes as is, Wiki probably gets time in a healthy season, and Ngoma should be ready for a bigger role. Theoretically Cassares and Harper can play up as well. I don't see it.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I see zero chance Omir leaves. He's exactly the kind of roster filler you need to contend. We're struggling to find minutes as is, Wiki probably gets time in a healthy season, and Ngoma should be ready for a bigger role. Theoretically Cassares and Harper can play up as well. I don't see it.

You're forgetting one angle - they think Manoel may end up being better than all those guys. If it makes a guy like Wiki surplus parts, that's too bad but for a good reason. I bet they could move CCJ and Wiki pretty easily if they needed to. Ngoma should be OK as a bench player again next year at his age.

An attacking midfield group of Luquinhas, Morgan, Manoel (assuming he kills it), Omir, and Ngoma would be great going into next year.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

they took him off the RBNY Tmarkt page, he's back on Gremio's page. 

Hmmm.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Hmmm.

We got Duncan.   Our work is done.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Hmmm.

Why, they couldn't afford him and found a striker who scored even less than 2 goals a in second division in Brazil?

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

Why, they couldn't afford him and found a striker who scored even less than 2 goals a in second division in Brazil?

Fabio?

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

So did this get done or what?

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

So did this get done or what?

He needs his own separate day for an announcement. Im not a big fan of the signing but the window looks even worse if we didnt even get this guy.

Maybe TM was right to put him back on Gremio and take him off the Red Bull roster. Gustavo Guimares confirmed with the player that he was joining so I dont know.

Cant imagine an announcement is coming today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users