410 replies to this topic

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,135 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

#1 goal scoring team this year is LAFC.  They are a huge outlier at 61 goals for. 

#2 is, surprisingly, Philly. They are at 46 goals scored (including 5 goals last night)

Tied for #3 are Atlanta and....us.   I get that we have it hard wired in our ethos that we suck, but really we are not all that bad. 

Sure... but the idea after last season being so close, to get better and win a cup, not sit back and be "not all that bad."

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,704 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

#1 goal scoring team this year is LAFC.  They are a huge outlier at 61 goals for. 

#2 is, surprisingly, Philly. They are at 46 goals scored (including 5 goals last night)

Tied for #3 are Atlanta and....us.   I get that we have it hard wired in our ethos that we suck, but really we are not all that bad. 

We're getting lucky. We're overperforming our expected goal difference by 7. Our xGD is 14th in the league. If we revert to the mean at all, we're kind of fucked.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,346 posts

We're getting lucky. We're overperforming our expected goal difference by 7. Our xGD is 14th in the league. If we revert to the mean at all, we're kind of fucked.

Yep... Strange but the team has actually been lucky this year.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,825 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

we are not all that bad. 

I find my life is a lot easier, the lower I keep my expectations - Bill Watterson

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
If there isnt a signing from outside the organization, RBG has something to do with it, or people should be losing jobs.

Ivan, Jørgensen, no one..last 3 windows

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,983 posts

no defending management as it is BS we have not signed anyone outside of NYRB2 promotion

We are 3rd in teh East *(2 pts out of 2nd and 5 out of 1st).  Tied for 7th in SS 

We barely have had out 1st choice D together and 1 (or 2) are performing far below potential (MLS Best 11 potential).  

Our top striker has been injured for 2 months and only subbed on for the last month.

Midfield - Right wing specifically - Our best D / system player has been injured for ~3 weeks Myul, DE7 had a good Gold Cup and needs to show that here, RZA is better at RW with CCJ as 6.  

that being said lets add a player

to be clearer I am not defending this thinking at all just looking at it from their perspective which is a them being cheap. 

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

General Robles

General Robles

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

It could potentially be a nasty regression to the mean, as we have a very difficult schedule these last 10 games. 

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Kristian Dyer: Who is ready for an outside back/wide player with EPL experience as an August addition to #RBNYMLS_19_RBNY.png?

He's as reliable a source there is for this team...I would think something has to be 99% if he is sending out a tweet like that?

I am still skeptical though. Also, seems very weird to sign a LB when we already have Kemar Lawrence. 

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Another outside back doesnt make sense after signing Buckmaster, maybe they are going to play whoever it is higher up the field.

Was on Transfermarkt trying to figure it out who it is.

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Yea true, it would make more sense for it to be a RW/RB type. Clearly Murillo has fallen down the depth chart (rightfully so, he has been pretty poor defensively this season)

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,135 posts

Richard Eckersley 2.0?

edit:  I swear I did not see the pic in Dyer's tweet 

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Watch it be Tim Ream

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Another outside back doesnt make sense after signing Buckmaster,...

Makes complete sense. One of our needs is a game changing outside back. Buckmaster isnt it.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,135 posts

Kristian Dyer: Who is ready for an outside back/wide player with EPL experience as an August addition to #RBNYMLS_19_RBNY.png?

He's as reliable a source there is for this team...I would think something has to be 99% if he is sending out a tweet like that?

I am still skeptical though. Also, seems very weird to sign a LB when we already have Kemar Lawrence. 

Where is LB implied?

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,461 posts
  • Supports:Metro, RBNYII, RBNY U23s, USMNT

Watch it be Tim Ream

This crossed my mind, but winger is something that Tim Ream is not. Nor is he young.
2013, 2015 and 2018 Supporters Shield Winners
As Long As We're Breathing

@CurseofCaricola

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users