488 replies to this topic

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

He scored a couple of goals against a garbage team, without him we only win the game 2-0.

And one of them was an absolute tap in. Any of our bench or USL guys could have scored that one.

Rivas has been absolute garbage.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

He scored a couple of goals against a garbage team, without him we only win the game 2-0. There's a reason the Orlando fans were throwing babies in the air in celebration after they sent him to us.

Again I'll preface this by saying that I groaned at his acquisition and I am still unimpressed to this day, but Orlando haven't exactly been an example of tactical brilliance and player development. This coaching staff clearly believes they can take his raw athleticism and turn him into a capable player within a high-pressing system. Will they do so? I'm not particularly optimistic. But I don't view this as, "he sucked in Orlando so therefore he can not succeed here."

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Yeah, ORL got rid of its USL reserve team, if that ain't an indictment about their player development...

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
Ultimately I think it was the right move to get rid of Sacha, but was there anyone else available that the club could have gotten from Orlando in return instead of Rivas and Redding?

This Mueller guy is lighting it up for Orlando currently. Red Bull should have been tougher and got him instead of two so-far junk players. The FO should have said if you are going to get the back-to-back MLS assist leader from us, you are going to have to pay a steep price and send a blue-chip prospect the other way.

Instead they caved, got Rivas/Redding and are still paying some of Sachas salary. Two guys Orlando were happy to get rid of (and we can see why). I find it hard to believe there wasnt a better deal to be had here.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Ultimately I think it was the right move to get rid of Sacha, but was there anyone else available that the club could have gotten from Orlando in return instead of Rivas and Redding?

This Mueller guy is lighting it up for Orlando currently. Red Bull should have been tougher and got him instead of two so-far junk players. The FO should have said if you are going to get the back-to-back MLS assist leader from us, you are going to have to pay a steep price and send a blue-chip prospect the other way.

Instead they caved, got Rivas/Redding and are still paying some of Sachas salary. Two guys Orlando were happy to get rid of (and we can see why). I find it hard to believe there wasnt a better deal to be had here.

Would have been pretty tough to get Mueller considering the trade happened weeks before Orlando drafted him.

Redding was supposed to be that blue chip prospect, and Orlando was definitely not happy to get rid of him. He was a U-20 CB that already had two decent MLS seasons under his belt. That's a much safer gamble than an unproven draft pick like Mueller. I don't think anyone expected Redding to walk into the starting lineup, but his plummet down the depth chart has been pretty shocking.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Would have been pretty tough to get Mueller considering the trade happened weeks before Orlando drafted him.

😂

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre
Total bag of magic beans situation.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

Super lopsided trade, but we're still better for dumping Sacha.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

Super lopsided trade, but we're still better for dumping Sacha.

that's incredibly small consolation for not simply giving up an asset but paying somebody to accept said asset and getting back one player who the OCFC fans celebrated getting rid of and a player who has a good case as the worst player to see a minute of league action for any team this season.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,261 posts

Up to 950K for Nguyen.

Keep brainwashing yourself that we got a good deal for Sacha.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT
Yeah we got shafted here so bad, Redding hasnt made an 18 in the last 3 Rb2 matches.

Rivas is passable but Id rather Mines get his time.

maxmini

maxmini

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Corinthians

Up to 950K for Nguyen.

The extra money is due if LAFC trade Nguyen.  NE really didn't want him to go to an East Division team.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Up to 950K for Nguyen.

Agreed, the return on Sacha is pretty bad right now, but do you think LAFC offered something close to this number and we turned it down for Rivas & Redding?  They only paid $400K for Feilhaber, I wonder if they're willing to pay more now than they were in the winter.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Up to 950K for Nguyen.

Never said or thought it was a good deal, or even an ok deal, and its proven over time to be worse than I thought... but that doesn't mean a better deal was available.   

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Up to 950K for Nguyen.

Not disagreeing, but I'm sure that if LAFC had offered anything like that for Sacha, NYRB would've snap-called and flown him there first class the next morning.

Getting rid of Sacha has arguably improved the team and definitely saved a bunch of salary. Not getting a better return is still very disappointing but you can't have everything. Here's hoping Rivas turns into a contributor at some point down the line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users