302 replies to this topic

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
A side note on tonights game and I didn't vote for either of the 2 big name candidates but I'm not big fan of politics being brought into the south ward. It's bad enough we have 3 groups that can barely agree on which songs to sing and what the hell to call the team. Now we had that tonight which is only going to separate some people further. Just my two cents cause I didn't see anyone mention it and I'm more curious as to what others think.

adam22

adam22

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts
  • Supports:Metro

A side note on tonights game and I didn't vote for either of the 2 big name candidates but I'm not big fan of politics being brought into the south ward. It's bad enough we have 3 groups that can barely agree on which songs to sing and what the hell to call the team. Now we had that tonight which is only going to separate some people further. Just my two cents cause I didn't see anyone mention it and I'm more curious as to what others think.

Couldn't agree more

Haig

Haig

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts
  • Supports:Bora Bora Metro
Is this about antifa? I hope not.

We were founded EXPLICITLY as anti-fascist, rooted in NYC Firm, who kept racist trash out of our supporters section. Whether you have known it or not, if you have been coming to matches in recent years, you have been in an anti-fascist organization. We have been successful at keeping fascists and their supporters out, so you may have been unaware this whole time, but things in the wider world have taken a turn for the worse lately, so it is vitally important that we remind people of who we are.

If you don't like that, you have been coming to the wrong place.

Learn your history: https://sports.vice....from-neo-nazis/
╔╦╗┌─┐┌┬┐┬─┐┌─┐  ╔═╗┌─┐┬─┐┌─┐┬  ┬┌─┐┬─┐
║║║├┤  │ ├┬┘│ │  ╠╣ │ │├┬┘├┤ └┐┌┘├┤ ├┬┘
╩ ╩└─┘ ┴ ┴└─└─┘  ╚  └─┘┴└─└─┘ └┘ └─┘┴└─

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

/thread. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

I hate fascism. There's none in America that I'm aware of though, which is good. I guess that makes the scarf and movement kind of weird lately, seems like it's out of left field. Maybe some small groups in rural areas, but nothing newsworthy.

Wish people would leave their political opinions at home, so disrespectful to force it on others at a sporting event. Holding up flags for country's affected by the "travel ban" is antagonizing people who may agree with the legislature. This is soccer, not politics. Doing things like that is hijacking the game to push your political beliefs. It's wrong, and I'm not even talking about whether I agree/disagree with anything. Soccer is not the platform for politics - go find a demonstration somewhere and express your beliefs.

adam22

adam22

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts

Is this about antifa? I hope not.

We were founded EXPLICITLY as anti-fascist, rooted in NYC Firm, who kept racist trash out of our supporters section. Whether you have known it or not, if you have been coming to matches in recent years, you have been in an anti-fascist organization. We have been successful at keeping fascists and their supporters out, so you may have been unaware this whole time, but things in the wider world have taken a turn for the worse lately, so it is vitally important that remind people of who we are.

If you don't like that, you have been coming to the wrong place.

Learn your history: https://sports.vice....from-neo-nazis/

I'm certain the display had nothing to do with the president.

*Rolls eyes*

Haig

Haig

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts

I hate fascism. There's none in America that I'm aware of though, which is good.

Utter horseshit

Haig

Haig

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts

I'm certain the display had nothing to do with the president.

*Rolls eyes*

Nobody said anything about Trump, but the fact that you immediately assume that opposing fascism and racism is also opposing Trump says something about you.

adam22

adam22

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts

Nobody said anything about Trump, but the fact that you immediately assume that opposing fascism and racism is also opposing Trump says something about you.

The timing of its unveiling and social media reaction were telling. Very clear what it is about.

Snowflakes gonna snowflake.

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

Nobody said anything about Trump, but the fact that you immediately assume thay opposing fascism and racism is also opposing Trump says something about you.

We're not idiots. I work in the city. I see the people calling Trump a fascist. I know exactly what the scarves are for - it is not a coincidence they now exist post-election.

I respect your right to your opinion, but feel disrespected that you are trying to hijack a sporting event to push your political beliefs, and misrepresenting members. That is my honest feelings, and if you tell me to shut up and take a hike, then you are the fascist one.

Haig

Haig

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts

The timing of its unveiling and social media reaction were telling. Very clear what it is about.

Only snowflake here is you, crying out for your safe space from the mean antifas.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
I didn't even vote for the guy and I assumed it was about Trump since you can look at anything in the news about protests and there is trump = fascist stuff. Plus correct me if I'm wrong weren't the flags being held up the countrys in his policy list?

And lets not act like the south ward or even old 101 has had any racist or fascist problems in a very long time. I've been following this team for quite a bit over a decade and I don't recall hearing a single story. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Haig

Haig

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts

We're not idiots. I work in the city. I see the people calling Trump a fascist. I know exactly what the scarves are for - it is not a coincidence they now exist post-election.

I respect your right to your opinion, but feel disrespected that you are trying to hijack a sporting event to push your political beliefs, and misrepresenting members. That is my honest feelings, and if you tell me to shut up and take a hike, then you are the fascist one.

Oh no, people who don't tolerate fascists are the real fascists! What horseshit. Not putting up with fascists, who take advantage of tolerance to gain power for themselves and their ideology of resentment and hate, means we're anti-fascists.

JUDDERMANG

JUDDERMANG

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Arsenal, USMNT

Says the person whining about people holding up flags near his vicinity. Fucking snowflake.

adam22

adam22

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts

Only snowflake here is you, crying out for your safe space from the mean antifas.

Because I am there to watch soccer, I leave my unrelated opinions at home. If I show up with a MAGA hat, will that be okay with you? Doubt it.

Leave your agenda with security.

I already knew of the scarf. Saw it online awhile ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users