Who do you want to be elected U.S. president?

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

Poll: 2012 (62 member(s) have cast votes)

Who do you want to be elected U.S. president?

1. Newt Gingrich (1 votes [1.61%])

Percentage of vote: 1.61%

2. Barack Obama (31 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

3. Ron Paul (19 votes [30.65%])

Percentage of vote: 30.65%

4. Mitt Romney (1 votes [1.61%])

Percentage of vote: 1.61%

5. Rick Santorum (2 votes [3.23%])

Percentage of vote: 3.23%

6. Other (8 votes [12.90%])

Percentage of vote: 12.90%

Vote Guests cannot vote

123NYwins

123NYwins

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts
  • Supports:Metropolitan SC, USA, & DC folding
Curious where Metro currently leans.

#RedBullOut

"This is where I’m from. A team I represented for over 10 years. If I had been going somewhere it would have just been a job."

-Mike Petke

onionsack

onionsack

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos
Obama

Lets face it, the entire GOP field is a cast of losers that will simply roll back any positive social progress, make sure the rich are protected and pay even less, will damage the middle class, and quite possibly get us involved in yet another war in the middle east. At least with Obama we have someone intelligent and poised in the white house that will hopefully continue to be progressive on the social issues and who won't throw the middle class under the bus.
RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,985 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense
Write-in vote for Mike Petke.

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

"I think every country can learn everything about each other. If the whole world can be together, it can be good." - Mathias Jorgensen

"I want to give you lots of titles for your happiness. Lots of hugs.” - Fabio

metros11

metros11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,906 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

At least with Obama we have someone intelligent and poised in the white house that will hopefully continue to be progressive on the social issues and who won't throw the middle class under the bus.

Yeah, I can't wait to be detained at the airport indefinitely because my name resembles that of someone on the no flight list. That's the kind of social progress I'm looking for.

"What better way for DC United fans to drown their sorrows than with this new beer called 'The Tradition'.  A relic name of a bygone era where DCU was relevant." - VfLKirwan

copaantl98

copaantl98

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars and USNT
Politics = always voting for the lesser of evils. Voting Obama for sure.
Judge: Mr Griffin, you even tried to bribe me with a subscription to Grape soda today, which I already have!

I'M AN AMERISNOB.

hackmeister

hackmeister

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts
  • Interests:Futbol, linux, hunting, drinking beer
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls
Obama has been pretty damn weak. I'm voting for Ron Paul but anyone else would be an improvement over Obama.

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

Obama has been pretty damn weak. I'm voting for Ron Paul but anyone else would be an improvement over Obama.

So you're Pro Life and think Newt would be better than Obama? ANYONE? Bachman, Cain?

hackmeister

hackmeister

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

So you're Pro Life and think Newt would be better than Obama? ANYONE? Bachman, Cain?

Any of the remaining GOP candidates would be better than Obama. His economic policies have pretty damn poor. Increasing the deficient by $5 trillion over 3 years after calling Bush "unpatriotic" for previously increasing it by $4 trillion over 8 years. Getting downgraded by the S&P. Spending money like a sailor in a whorehouse is not sound fiscal policy. Printing more money is NOT the answer. This whole class warfare thing is smoke & mirrors to take the focus away from his own failings. Sorry, I'm not a believer in the nanny state that this country has become. Time for Obama to retire.

betoAYAK

betoAYAK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,385 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Colombia & Millonarios

The extra-constitutional monopoly currently held by the Republicans and Democrats = always voting for the lesser of evils. Voting Obama for sure.

FYP

(NittanyMetros @ Mar 17 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It seems Philly fans have signed up on metrofanatic to vote for themselves (in 'What team do you hate more?') . No real fan of this team would vote anything other than DC.

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos

Any of the remaining GOP candidates would be better than Obama. His economic policies have pretty damn poor. Increasing the deficient by $5 trillion over 3 years after calling Bush "unpatriotic" for previously increasing it by $4 trillion over 8 years. Getting downgraded by the S&P. Spending money like a sailor in a whorehouse is not sound fiscal policy. Printing more money is NOT the answer. This whole class warfare thing is smoke & mirrors to take the focus away from his own failings. Sorry, I'm not a believer in the nanny state that this country has become. Time for Obama to retire.

The above post is proof positive that the GOP "idiot drum beating rally cry" actually works despite all logic to the contrary. Do you ever read actual news sources ..ever? Your entire post is regurgitation of the GOP talking points and Fox News mis-information.

The economy has imporved over the past 3 years and shows signs of continued growth. The "debt" while large is not any larger than it was under Bush proportiate to GDP. There is not a spending crisis there is a revenue crisis in this country because for the past 10+ years or so GOP led legislation and executive orders have served to reduce taxes on rich and corproations to the point we are taking in fadr less revenues today as a % of GDP than we were in the 90's.

GOP want to reduce the amount of taxes they have to pay, and as a result of paying less than a middle class worker they also want to starve them of any goverment benefits or programs designed to help or assit them in order to sustain a well lubricated economy as a while.

GOP wants to brign back don't ask don't tell.

GOP is willing to go into another war in the middle east with Iran.

GOP wants to destroy any progress made in the gay marrigae struggle.

I can go on and on and on. The negatives of having any of them in the white house is so much more severe than having a centrist democrat accused by the far left of being Reagan lite.
RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

hackmeister

hackmeister

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

The above post is proof positive that the GOP "idiot drum beating rally cry" actually works despite all logic to the contrary. Do you ever read actual news sources ..ever? Your entire post is regurgitation of the GOP talking points and Fox News mis-information.

I don't read or watch Fox. MSNBC isn't biased towards the left? All the news agencies have some sort of bias. Fox is just upfront about it.

The economy has imporved over the past 3 years and shows signs of continued growth.

Tell that to a person who's underemployed/unemployed. They stop counting someone as unemployed if they stop looking or is flipping burgers to survive. Are we better off now than 3 years ago?

GOP want to reduce the amount of taxes they have to pay, and as a result of paying less than a middle class worker they also want to starve them of any goverment benefits or programs designed to help or assit them in order to sustain a well lubricated economy as a while.

Cutting taxes for everyone is a good thing.

GOP wants to brign back don't ask don't tell.

Not an important issue right now.

GOP is willing to go into another war in the middle east with Iran.

Ron Paul is for bringing back all the troops and not getting involved in more un-declared wars. If we're attacked we get congress to declare war and go all in.

GOP wants to destroy any progress made in the gay marrigae struggle.

This is a state issue. Not that important of an issue right now.

I can go on and on and on. The negatives of having any of them in the white house is so much more severe than having a centrist democrat accused by the far left of being Reagan lite.

Obama is not a centrist. The number one overriding issue right now is the economy. Anything else is secondary. We need to get our shit together. I gave my opinion. Sorry you don't agree. We'll see how it all plays out in November.

copaantl98

copaantl98

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars and USNT

I don't read or watch Fox. MSNBC isn't biased towards the left? All the news agencies have some sore of bias. Fox is just upfront about it.

Tell that to a person who's underemployed/unemployed. They stop counting someone as unemployed if they stop looking or is flipping burgers to survive. Are we better off now than 3 years ago?

Cutting taxes for everyone is a good thing.

Not an important issue right now.

Ron Paul is for bringing back all the troops and not getting involved in more un-declared wars. If we're attacked we get congress to declare war and go all in.

This is a state issue. Not that important of an issue right now.

Obama is not a centrist. The number one overriding issue right now is the economy. Anything else is secondary. We need to get our shit together. I gave my opinion. Sorry you don't agree. We'll see how it all plays out in November.

"Not an important issue" seems like a cop out answer to me if you're not the one affected.
Judge: Mr Griffin, you even tried to bribe me with a subscription to Grape soda today, which I already have!

I'M AN AMERISNOB.

Calcio20

Calcio20

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,028 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars FC Juve USMNT

"Not an important issue" seems like a cop out answer to me if you're not the one affected.

:cheers:

hackmeister

hackmeister

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

You deal with what is most urgent first. Let me spell it out: "IT'S THE ECONOMY!!"

Rooney22

Rooney22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts
  • Supports:The Mighty Fucking Metro
I want to go to the moon with lack of a space program and lack of funds. I'm going with Newt. :)+

Seriously tho I'm going with Obama...He hasn't done that great but he was handed a steaming pile of shit. Untill some one produces a worthy candidate I am going with him. Everyone else has too much flaws...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users