307 replies to this topic

#16 Catamount

Catamount

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,634 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:11 PM

I'm thinking the WC 2014. Need younger players. So the lineup needs more research. Better now, but what would be better then. The only really important thing would be beating the Parent Club National Team. The rest will take care of itself. If there is going to be a wonky set of standards for player eligibility, research will be difficult. We need players that are 26 and under, except the GK would needs to be under 34.
:cheers:

#17 Zero Cool

Zero Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,897 posts
  • Interests:Football
  • Supports:Google+

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:21 PM

90th Minute - Tim Howard enters Beast Mode
91st Minute - Proceeds to eat a West Ham Striker
Zero Cool winner of the 2012 ALMOST Goal of the Year
Isaac: So when I told you guys we were on it, I meant to say we're on the motherfucker, go back in there and relax...

#18 S.Bones

S.Bones

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,713 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, USMNT, Foggia

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:27 PM

One also wonders, if we're to break up the US, what kind of team would the Confederate States of America produce. The former Confederate states seem to like to think of themselves as a separate and superior culture to the rest of us, and if the US let them go now it would be a net financial plus to the US and would help finance the loss of California. But the creation of a CSMNT creates a number of questions. To whit:
  • What would we do with Mexicans in the CSA? The Texas State Legislature declared Mexicans to be "white" during WWII, so should that set the standard?
  • Would black players be allowed to play for the CSA - and what would be the standard for determining who is black? Mulatto? Quadroon? Ocataroon? One drop rule?
  • Given current political trends, would the CSA accept only native born players born to CSA citizens?
Here are the potential CSA players in the USMNT player pool, applying the one-drop rule and requiring native birth to citizen parents

Reine wirklich confederatishche Spieler
- Brian Carroll (Springfield, VA)
- Clint Dempsey (Nacogdoches, TX) Caveat: has negro sympathies - makes rap records, speaks with a black-cent.
- Dax McCarty (Winter Park, Fla) Bonus: father was Top Gun pilot!
- Logan Pause (Hillsborough, NC)
- Brek Shea (College Station, TX) Bonus: went to a Christian High School and his father played football at Va Tech

Untaugliche Kategorien

Negros, mixed-race (one drop rule applies)
- Jozy Alitdore (Boca Raton, Fla) - also, has non-citizen parents and was born in the United States (NJ)
- Ricardo Clark (Jonesboro, GA)
- Jeff Cunningham (Cyrstal City, Fla) - also, born in Jamaica

Non-Citizen Parents
- Alejandro Bedoya (Weston, Fla) - parents are Columbians. Born in the United States (NJ)
- Kenny Cooper (Dallas, TX) - parents were English. Born in the United States (Maryland)
- Omar Gonzalez (Dallas, TX) - parents are Mexicans, holds two passports.
- Jose Torres (Longview, TX) - father is a Mexican, the CSA say no to miscegenation.

Born Abroad
- Stuart Holden (Houston, TX)

#19 flava

flava

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 07:49 PM

Interesting article about taking the higher road for the final game in the Peruvian league.

#20 Caasi Gohd

Caasi Gohd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,780 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Pachuca

Posted 29 December 2010 - 01:33 PM

Catalonia 4-0 Honduras

Looked like a no-contest.

#21 9ronaldo9

9ronaldo9

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts
  • Supports:Garaxy

Posted 29 December 2010 - 02:25 PM

Catalonia 4-0 Honduras

Pavon still playing?
I wish my grass was emo...then it would cut itself.

#22 jamesey

jamesey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,991 posts
  • Supports:LA/USA

Posted 29 December 2010 - 02:41 PM

Catalonia 4-0 Honduras

can anyone tell me if Catalonia is Spain? I'm not sure.

...ooooh ooooooooh we are the riot squad...

#23 Caasi Gohd

Caasi Gohd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,780 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 03:00 PM

can anyone tell me if Catalonia is Spain? I'm not sure.

Wiki

#24 Caasi Gohd

Caasi Gohd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,780 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 03:11 PM

#25 Ed The Zombie

Ed The Zombie

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,690 posts
  • Supports:G's, Club America, WFC, USA

Posted 30 December 2010 - 02:06 AM

El Mon, GUNSLINGER, Samoa Bob and yours truly went to the Club America vs Guatemala game today. Club America won 4-1. Take that Chapins!
Fuimos. Bebimos. Chingamos.

#26 fredo9

fredo9

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts
  • Interests:The Beautiful Game & Ugly Tales
  • Supports:GALAXY!

Posted 30 December 2010 - 02:24 AM

El Mon, GUNSLINGER, Samoa Bob and yours truly went to the Club America vs Guatemala game today. Club America won 4-1. Take that Chapins!

Good for America. But, I don't think that helps to lift THE CURSE OF THE CHAPINES.
"That's life." -Bruce Arena

"There's no easy games in The MLS." -Robbie Keane

See You Later, My Friend!

#27 tracer

tracer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:Galaxy, m. utd, dodgers, teaching, more dodgers...more galaxy...chickens
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, Dodgers, Man Utd, USMNT

Posted 30 December 2010 - 02:52 AM

cool read of teh grant whal's futbol year: http://sportsillustr...ries/index.html

snip snip:

AMSTERDAM, March 4 -- On the day after the U.S.'s 2-1 friendly loss to the Netherlands, American midfielder Stuart Holden arrives at the departure gate for his return flight to Manchester, England. Also waiting for the flight is Dutch enforcer Nigel de Jong, the Manchester City midfielder who broke Holden's leg the night before with a vicious tackle. The injury will limit Holden's contribution at the World Cup (where he plays four minutes), a shame for a rising star who will be the U.S.'s most improved player in 2010. De Jong, the dirtiest player in world soccer, will go on to karate-kick Spain's Xabi Alonso in the World Cup final -- earning only a yellow card, the same punishment Andrés Iniesta gets for removing his jersey after scoring the game-winner -- and break the leg of Newcastle's Hatem Ben-Arfa in the Premier League. At their Amsterdam departure gate, Holden thinks De Jong might come over to apologize for breaking his leg. Instead, De Jong says nothing to him.

fuck that puto

Team Tucker: You might be cool, but I am ZERO cool.  Foo

#28 Ed The Zombie

Ed The Zombie

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,690 posts
  • Supports:G's, Club America, WFC, USA

Posted 30 December 2010 - 04:16 AM

Good for America. But, I don't think that helps to lift THE CURSE OF THE CHAPINES.

That's why we need to get Pappa in the off season
Fuimos. Bebimos. Chingamos.

#29 Catamount

Catamount

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,634 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 01:13 PM

cool read of teh grant whal's futbol year: http://sportsillustr...ries/index.html

snip snip:

AMSTERDAM, March 4 -- On the day after the U.S.'s 2-1 friendly loss to the Netherlands, American midfielder Stuart Holden arrives at the departure gate for his return flight to Manchester, England. Also waiting for the flight is Dutch enforcer Nigel de Jong, the Manchester City midfielder who broke Holden's leg the night before with a vicious tackle. The injury will limit Holden's contribution at the World Cup (where he plays four minutes), a shame for a rising star who will be the U.S.'s most improved player in 2010. De Jong, the dirtiest player in world soccer, will go on to karate-kick Spain's Xabi Alonso in the World Cup final -- earning only a yellow card, the same punishment Andrés Iniesta gets for removing his jersey after scoring the game-winner -- and break the leg of Newcastle's Hatem Ben-Arfa in the Premier League. At their Amsterdam departure gate, Holden thinks De Jong might come over to apologize for breaking his leg. Instead, De Jong says nothing to him.

fuck that puto

Excellent read. Great find. :cheers:

#30 Caasi Gohd

Caasi Gohd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,780 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 01:22 PM

From the Curse of the Chapines to the 2012 Apocalypse, those Mayans have been nothing but inconvenient to us as of late, haven't they?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users