20 replies to this topic

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

40 teams ... east/west split and keep MLS Cup.

USL does this with 36 teams. Only meet in final.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

nymetrofan90

nymetrofan90

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

We ain't splitting league revenue among 40 teams nor adding pro/rel

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

We ain't splitting league revenue among 40 teams nor adding pro/rel

I'm sure more teams will be welcomed if they keep paying a few hundred million a pop.

But yeah, Pro/Rel isn't happening.

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA

They will do a complete split between east/west when they get to 36 teams. Playing each conference rival twice will give each team 34 games, less travel, balanced conference schedules, close time zones for tv broadcasts and better rivalries. Two supporter shields.

John Flushing

John Flushing

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,701 posts
  • Interests:www.metrofanatic.com
  • Supports:My Own Self Interests.

The league will sell it to owners and fans as adding a league ON TOP of MLS, to reward the higher performing teams with more elite competition. The verbal gymnastics to prevent owners from feeling like their expansion fee cocaine was wasted. "It will be a new league, with the premier teams from MLS..." And in proper American soccer insecurity will call it MLS Premier Liga.

Critics will inform owners and fans that it is adding a league BELOW Major League Soccer, to punish the lower performing teams with less elite competition. The verbal gymnastics to affirm the owners' assertion that their expansion fee cocaine was indeed wasted. "It will be a new minor league, with teams no longer good enough for M.L.S." And in proper American soccer insecurity will call it Minor League Soccer.

A sword this sharp cuts both ways.

"What shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

i do think that's how it's gonna work, though. when that Upper League is established, entry into MLS is via MLS2 only. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users