50 replies to this topic

metros11

metros11

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,906 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

I don't know what's going on with him, maybe had an Ashley Madison account and is in fear of being found out by his model wife, but whatever that distraction may be his play is suffering.  Am I the only one that's seen a drop in his performance that last 4 games?  Someone pull up the stats, I don't think he completed 50% of his passes.

"What better way for DC United fans to drown their sorrows than with this new beer called 'The Tradition'.  A relic name of a bygone era where DCU was relevant." - VfLKirwan

MrDerp4321

MrDerp4321

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts

next year you'll see a line-up of:

-----------------------------BWP--------------------------

Grella/SWP--------------Veron--------------------Sam

-----------------Dax-------------------Sash--------------

Taxi-------Zubar-------tallpolishkid------Lade/Duvall

Felipe/Miller/Perrinelle will be gone

Abang is first forward option off the bench

Davis is first midfield option off the bench

Oumiette/Lade is first cb/wb option off bench

COME TO THE DRINK

CONFORM TO THE DRINK

SUPPORT THE DRINK

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
I think sasha has gotten better in the middle, but next to dax would be good too.

Def start Veron on the left and maybe even start SWP on the right if not the middle behind BWP.

Also Perrinelle should statt Zubar looks too slow and doesn't olay oit the back at all just punts it and gives it rihht back to opponent
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

MetroCab

MetroCab

Brilliant!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts

His name has not been spelled correctly once in this thread.

RedBullsFanatic

RedBullsFanatic

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • Supports:RBNY
I agree about starting SWP and Veron against the Scum. Also definitely need Perinelle back on defense. Sacha Kljestan is a tough name, both first and last, for people to spell correctly.

Nidal Baba Superstar

Nidal Baba Superstar

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts
Sacha has been miserable in his current role. There's really no way around it. He was better in the Fire match than he'd been in a little while, but still pretty bad. Derp is basically right. Honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Felipe stay (and get alternated with Davis) while Sacha moves in a big trade for a cb.

mkbloodyen

mkbloodyen

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Supports:Metro SC

The thing with Sacha is that he's trying to play a mix of a playmaker (but not a true one) and a ball-winning midfielder in the attacking half. Its an odd combo and it just isn't working too well.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

The thing with Sacha is that he's trying to play a mix of a playmaker (but not a true one) and a ball-winning midfielder in the attacking half. Its an odd combo and it just isn't working too well.

It's not that odd of a position in Europe where you have a lot of deep-lying playmakers (Pirlo, Xavi).

Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, football, hockey, basketball, baseball
  • Supports:Red Bulls
Play him at def mid and he will look good. Keep at attacking mid and we get the mixed bag of good, bad and ugly.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

it was working for quite a bit when we allowed the 2nd least amt of goals in MLS. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

mkbloodyen

mkbloodyen

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Supports:Metro SC

It's not that odd of a position in Europe where you have a lot of deep-lying playmakers (Pirlo, Xavi).

Its odd when he's so far up the field. If he played a bit further back results would be alot different

BLewis1968

BLewis1968

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Play him at def mid and he will look good. Keep at attacking mid and we get the mixed bag of good, bad and ugly.

That's better than a mixed bag of a fistful of dollars. 

BLewis1968

BLewis1968

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

I don't know what's going on with him, maybe had an Ashley Madison account and is in fear of being found out by his model wife, but whatever that distraction may be his play is suffering.  Am I the only one that's seen a drop in his performance that last 4 games?  Someone pull up the stats, I don't think he completed 50% of his passes.

Not sure if you're a big believer in Whoscored.com's ratings, but Kljestan has been all over the place in their ratings, one of the more wildly-inconsistent players. Here are his last ten games, w/ the 5.21 obviously being the red card game. I just can't bring myself to look up all of his passing stats, but he was at about 67% in the last game w/ 3 key passes, and 81.5% the game before w/ 4 key passes.

21-06-2015 New York Red Bulls 1 : 2 Vancouver Whitecaps     11' 5.21

28-06-2015 New York City FC 1 : 3 New York Red Bulls     90' 8.17

05-07-2015 Columbus Crew 2 : 1 New York Red Bulls     90' 6.83

12-07-2015 New York Red Bulls 4 : 1 New England Rev.     80' 6.81

19-07-2015 Orlando City 0 : 2 New York Red Bulls     81' 8.48

02-08-2015 Philadelphia Union 1 : 3 New York Red Bulls     90' 8.25

06-08-2015 Montreal Impact 1 : 1 New York Red Bulls     90' 6.81

10-08-2015 New York Red Bulls 2 : 0 New York City FC     76' 7.78

16-08-2015 New York Red Bulls 3 : 0 Toronto FC     87' 7.55

27-08-2015 Chicago Fire 3 : 2 New York Red Bulls     90' 7.95

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Its odd when he's so far up the field. If he played a bit further back results would be alot different

The rise of the "regista" in a lot of the European leagues has lead to teams playing a ball-winning CM in an advanced position. Why, even though Sacha's offense wasn't great in the last City match, he still had a good game because of how he shut down Pirlo so effectively. MLS doesn't have a lot of deep-lying playmakers (Pirlo, Gerrard to some extent) though.

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ
Strange season...

I feel like his season has been heavily criticized on these boards, but universally praised elsewhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users