36 replies to this topic

Fellaini's Afro

Fellaini's Afro

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Everton, BU Bearcats
1) If BWP ends the season with 23-25 goals, do you make him a DP next year? He's only 29 so he will probably get offers from Europe. The new trend in MLS is to keep top performers as DPs. Besler and Zusi got DP deals today from SKC and Gonzalez got one from LA earlier this year.

2) If RB fail to make the playoffs this season or perform poorly in the postseason like last year, do you fire Petke? It's looking more and more like Petke got lucky last season because he's been absolutely brutal this year.

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

1) No, BWP can not be a DP. He needs to score 20+ consistently before that happens.. maybe after another year with these numbers

2) No, sophomore slumps happen for coaches too. He would have to be given at least one more season. 

elop76

elop76

Reserve Team

• PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Barcelona

Sophomore slumps, if this were any other league in the world he would have been fired already, He is a coach not a player, he should be improving as a coach. His decisions have been brutal this season and based on his post game comments he seems content with being mediocre, "at the  end of the day a tie, not a loss". Are you serious. If we want to be a major league we have to treat it as such, if Petke had these results with Salzburg, he would be out the door. This has been one of the worst seasons in team history, we might not even win 10 matches this season.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I fucking hate this fanbsase sometimes. 

Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts
  • Interests:My master's bidding
  • Supports:Sauron

I fucking hate this fanbsase sometimes. 

Is there any in this rout with authority to treat with me? Or indeed with wit to understand me?

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts

You keep Petke and you keep BWP at his salary.  I want to see if BWP can perform without Henry next to him before granting him a DP contract.  We do need to tweak this roster next year, ESPECIALLY the midfield.

Petke earned a year's worth of leeway after the shield run last year.  He absolutely deserves the chance to coach this team in the CCL as well.  If we don't make the playoffs and crash out of the CCL, then his seat gets warmer.   

#RedBullOut

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

I disagree. I do not think that Petke would have necessarily been fired already if this were another league. 

I agree that I do not like how he makes his substitutions.. but fuck, he has to know something we don't right? Between Petke, Frasier and Rox.. how could we possibly all see something they don't? Of course, sports is a results based business and Petke must find a way to win no matter the circumstances.. but he did just bring us our first ever trophy last season. This year, we'll be judged on how we do in the playoffs, not how we get there. 

"This has been one of the worst seasons in team history, we might not even win 10 matches this season." - Nope. 2009 we finished the year with 5 wins and we have 3 years on the books already where we won less than 10 games. 

elop76

elop76

Reserve Team

• PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Barcelona

Reply: As i said we are on pace to have one of our worst seasons in team history, we have won 25% of our games this season, if that's good for some of you, fine, we all have our own standards.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts

Reply: As i said we are on pace to have one of our worst seasons in team history, we have won 25% of our games this season, if that's good for some of you, fine, we all have our own standards.

Nice strawman, slick.

#RedBullOut

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Who the fuck said anything about it being "good"? Some of us see middle ground between "keep status quo" and "drop an atomic bomb on the franchise." I mean, Jesus Fucking Christ. DC were historically bad last season and yet Ben Olsen is still in charge. Now they're comfortably in a playoff spot. Firing Petke less than a year after winning a trophy as a rookie head coach because the team is 5th in the East in PPG with a bunch of players who suck at worst and are irrelevant at best would be a typical knee-jerk move that our fanbase has bashed Metro/Red Bull for doing. 

Petke maybe hasn't been coach of the year, but he still has this team in a playoff spot despite having to resort to three rookies on the backline and missing Cahill for pretty much half the season for injury/WC reasons. Let's all take a ritalin and chill the fuck out, huh? 

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

I say get rid of Petke.  It ain't like he ever done nothing for us.  *spits*

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro

1) Besler and Zusi got DP deals today from SKC and Gonzalez got one from LA earlier this year.

This is what is scaring me about the direction of this team. Imagine we still had Tim Ream as a DP right now instead of that douche Marquez. We currently do not have that core of American players that teams like RSL, Seattle and KC have and look at the standings.  Correlation? Dax is stinking up the place and Alexander has us pulling out our hair.   Right now I don't see that system.  Heck, i'd give one of those kids that play at half time a tryout. 

We let go of our American talent or give it away (see Mike Magee).  Our academy is still years from filling the gap.   I think the league or teams like some (wont mentions names)  don't value the international spots as they did back when they league started where the high limit was 5.  But right now, it's really putrid when not one, not two, or three, but four (Kimura, Eckersley, Armando, Sekagya) international spots are wasted when rookies straight out of college/academies are the answer.  Let alone the salary that could be use on a true gifted technical ability player from Argentina, Colombia, or Mexico.

break516beatz

break516beatz

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Man United

Who the fuck said anything about it being "good"? Some of us see middle ground between "keep status quo" and "drop an atomic bomb on the franchise." I mean, Jesus Fucking Christ. DC were historically bad last season and yet Ben Olsen is still in charge. Now they're comfortably in a playoff spot. Firing Petke less than a year after winning a trophy as a rookie head coach because the team is 5th in the East in PPG with a bunch of players who suck at worst and are irrelevant at best would be a typical knee-jerk move that our fanbase has bashed Metro/Red Bull for doing. 

Petke maybe hasn't been coach of the year, but he still has this team in a playoff spot despite having to resort to three rookies on the backline and missing Cahill for pretty much half the season for injury/WC reasons. Let's all take a ritalin and chill the fuck out, huh? 

Agreed. Plus (while not trying to sound like a complete Petke apologist), let's not forget Andy hasn't done him too many favors, either. The players that were brought in have been anywhere from somewhat serviceable (Armando) to brutally fucking awful (Eckersley). Yes, Petke could do better in making substitutions and all that but the club has not helped him. At all. 

F U NYCFC

Our home, our club. You will always be #2 in NY/NJ

If you want to hear my ramblings on football and hockey on Twitter, give me a follow: @jeffreykleiman

Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts
  • Interests:My master's bidding
  • Supports:Sauron

Agreed. Plus (while not trying to sound like a complete Petke apologist), let's not forget Andy hasn't done him too many favors, either. The players that were brought in have been anywhere from somewhat serviceable (Armando) to brutally fucking awful (Eckersley). Yes, Petke could do better in making substitutions and all that but the club has not helped him. At all. 

or the best off-season signing in history, Oyongo. PRAISE OYONGO!

Is there any in this rout with authority to treat with me? Or indeed with wit to understand me?

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro

Hopefully next year we can combined the salary of Armando, Convey, Kimura, and Eckersley and sign just 1 player that gives a dam and has the skills to fucking do something like shoot, defend, or pass the ball without the constant  suspensions and gaffes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users