66 replies to this topic

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Don't disagree with the team commitment premise, but "we win the cup easy" there makes me wince preemptively.

I'm not saying we're going to win the cup this year.  We won't.  The defense/team isn't going to play like that for the entire cup run.

Because Metro.

BillFromAstoria

BillFromAstoria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 994 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Liverpool, US, SUNY Purchase

His contract expires in like 3 months. Even by the most cynical standards, he has every reason to care. Aren't you the same dude who talked shit to Ali Curtis in front of his kid? 

Nope, that was me. Years later, I only partially regret it.

METRO T-SHIRTS!

1996NY.com

Even the losers get lucky sometimes.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

for the guy who called me out for calling out Curtis in front of his kid. Yes, I publicly apologized for that comment at a town hall event while looking into Curtis' eyes. It was wrong of me to do that in front of his kids.

You & Bill are not the only two who did this.
Just not in front of his kid.
AFAIK, he is not missed. By us or Worms fans.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah

Tim Parker single-handedly fixed the central defensive issues that have plagued this team ever since Miazga left.  He had his worst game of the season yesterday on the heels of a couple bad games.  But we have the best defense in the league, do you really think we have that with Collin or Escobar?

i agree with you 100%!
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
Who started this thread Roy Miller?!?!

Tim Parker fixed this defense... It was clearly obvious that he was the best defender in the beginning of the season for NYRB and possibly the whole league. It has rubbed of on Aaron Long and Long has been better in the pasts months.. Taxi has always been Taxi and Murillo has been better than last year but without Parker New York would have losts leads that turned into ties and ties that turned into losses just like last season
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

Father Ted

Father Ted

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts

The stat posted in the other thread about how we've lost only 1 game all season with our usual back 4 really shows how solid a unit this group is.  And Parker has a LOT to do with that.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

The stat posted in the other thread about how we've lost only 1 game all season with our usual back 4 really shows how solid a unit this group is.  And Parker has a LOT to do with that.

Thats an unbelievable stat and I wouldnt be surprised to see it mentioned in the media sometime during the playoffs.

Parker is the piece this team has been missing for years. We have the best defense in team history. The best defense in the league. The only way we dont win MLS cup this year is if we get yet another visit from that very special Metro magic we seem to always save for the knockout tourneys.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

The only way we dont win MLS cup this year is if we get yet another visit from that very special Metro magic we seem to always save for the knockout tourneys.

Or, we play as poorly as we did today.
Especially, against better opposition.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

I have greater faith in the most bizarre thing happening like half the team coming down with the flu than playing like that during the playoffs.

Were gonna lose. No question. But its going to be in the most creative and head scratching way possible.

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

I have greater faith in the most bizarre thing happening like half the team coming down with the flu than playing like that during the playoffs.

Were gonna lose. No question. But its going to be in the most creative and head scratching way possible.

Over pessimism and over optimism are the same. You keep repeating this. We get it. Your attempt at a reverse jinx won't change the outcome and nothing is inevitable. You demean the team by suggesting they will try and lose in a creative way. They won't be trying to lose at all. They may lose, but that is not what they are about. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Solid, solid performance again by the back 4., without Uber.   Bodes well.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Philly's no joke since about July - they've got one of the best records in the league since then. No shame in going to their house and grinding out a 1-0 win.

gears

gears

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Philly's no joke since about July - they've got one of the best records in the league since then. No shame in going to their house and grinding out a 1-0 win.

We have 21 (!!) wins this year. I think we're getting a little bit spoiled.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Over pessimism and over optimism are the same. You keep repeating this. We get it. Your attempt at a reverse jinx won't change the outcome and nothing is inevitable. You demean the team by suggesting they will try and lose in a creative way. They won't be trying to lose at all. They may lose, but that is not what they are about. 

I dont think the team will try to lose, but I do think losing will try to find the team.

puhe

puhe

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • Supports:metro

Why is this thread non deleted?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users