173 replies to this topic

blank25

blank25

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Supports:red bulls

His play hasn't live up to the hype. If he doesn't score in next game as a starter or as a sub then I've seen enough. At that time it is time to delegate him to the bench. This is also true for Barlow.

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Tetteh should get more time but paired with white his combination and interplay is solid just has to get his timing around better down some that will come from just getting his first one and seeing the ball hit the back of the net

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

Salzburg holding their own again Atletico Madrid in the Champions League and the best we can get is Tetteh.

We have the richest owner in the league, it's absurd that every season we're filling out our rosters with Salzburg's latest bad investment.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

I saw a few good passes last night, but generally passes too fast or too slow - he seemed out of sync with everyone else. Maybe I'm crazy, but I think I saw some promise. Give the Tetteh a bit more time I say! 

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

In one of his first games he took a sweet first touch at full sprint that had me very hopeful he was a player. A more defined system under a permanent coach might help him show what he can do, but timing may be working against him there.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Decent cameo and good run that created the corner which led to the goal.

Still not much more time to make a significant impression that would demand keeping him around long term.

Looks more of a winger or support player than a striker, which isnt ideal.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Decent cameo and good run that created the corner which led to the goal.

Still not much more time to make a significant impression that would demand keeping him around long term.

Looks more of a winger or support player than a striker, which isnt ideal.

All I've seen from the people who knew is that he's more naturally a winger, not a pure scorer

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
Wrote a bit about him. I like what Ive seen in the build up and he is smart player. Havent decided if that makes him worth keeping but if it he is say replacing royer as the tam attacker I wouldnt be against it if another top striker was brought in https://t.co/c6fzD3iHR1

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

Wrote a bit about him. I like what Ive seen in the build up and he is smart player. Havent decided if that makes him worth keeping but if it he is say replacing royer as the tam attacker I wouldnt be against it if another top striker was brought in https://t.co/c6fzD3iHR1

Good write up, as usual, Eric!

Players coming over to MLS mid season is a mixed bag with many struggling at the start. Even Henry had many of us wondering after scoring just 2 goals in his first half season (12 games).

Tetteh looked much better last night and hoping it was mostly a fitness/adapting issue.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
I think its a combination of things adjusting to a new team being asked to do a few different things and just general rust. Hes been asked to do few things including drop off the line and play a ten play out wide a bit but not as much as at LASK and also the team final ball is generally poor. But defensively his pressing is very sound and overall he shows flashes of his ability.

metros11

metros11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,906 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

I'm going to steal this from one of my friends, but I think he's teh-teh-terrible.

"What better way for DC United fans to drown their sorrows than with this new beer called 'The Tradition'.  A relic name of a bygone era where DCU was relevant." - VfLKirwan

Bkyoungboss

Bkyoungboss

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
We all thought Bradley Wright-Phillips was trash when he got here to it's takes some time for anyone coming to MLS to get comfortable I hope we don't give up on him to soon

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre
*Hans Moleman voice* I thought BWP was good when he wasn't scoring.

When he was paired up top with Henry, the attacking play instantly got better even before the goals came.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
BWP was a trialist who didnt immediately demand a DP spot or TAM money to keep around.

Tetteh would be one of the higher paid players on the roster if he is with RBNY in 2021, I dont see it.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts
I heard he wanted to be unleashed in a diamond a baseball diamond
Maybe this is game considering the field is so small

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users