The Herr

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts
  • Supports:Chicago Fire

Posted 27 December 2006 - 05:53 PM

http://msn.foxsports...r/story/6309056

Surely an MLS team could've matched that salary!!!! Isn't this like the second or third big-name player playing in Saudi Arabia??? <_< <_< <_< <_<

#2 jokerman326

jokerman326

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,112 posts
  • Supports:Fire

Posted 27 December 2006 - 05:57 PM

Whatever you said.... your momma

#3 The Herr

The Herr

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 06:37 PM

Let's get off yo momma, now ya hear???? The Herr got off the jokerman's!!!!!! Baaaaaa hahahahahaha!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#4 WolfmanHasNards!

WolfmanHasNards!

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,875 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 07:16 PM

If an MLS team won't pony up $8 mil for Figo then I don't see how the MLS will attract big names to play in the States. But I have not read anything about an MLS side having genuine interest in Figo. Too bad. Saudi Arabia...I'm sure that's a great place to play. Watch out for the car bombs Luis.

#5 IronFan

IronFan

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 08:36 PM

i heard it was going to be 4 million euros

#6 hendo

hendo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts
  • Supports:Fire, PSG

Posted 27 December 2006 - 08:59 PM

Look on the bright side...Trecker is wrong again. That's really the only positive about the Figo and Klinsmann things.

But seriously, this is only a 1-year deal. The contract gives him flexibility to see who bites next year, and he still might end up in the US at some point, under a longer-term contract.

If an MLS team won't pony up $8 mil for Figo then I don't see how the MLS will attract big names to play in the States. But I have not read anything about an MLS side having genuine interest in Figo. Too bad. Saudi Arabia...I'm sure that's a great place to play. Watch out for the car bombs Luis.

Not to mention, no alcohol and the women can't show any skin. Why anyone would want to go there, I have no idea.
Sveto ime Chicago

#7 irish_steve

irish_steve

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 09:39 PM

I heard the figure is around 3 million sterling which is 6 million bucks. Many clubs in the middle east have large amounts of cash hanging around becuase their owners are oil tycoons. If its money figo is after then he will go to the middle east.

#8 FairWeatherFan

FairWeatherFan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,135 posts
  • Interests:Women, Soccer, NBA, Swimming, Air Guitar Contests, etc.

Posted 27 December 2006 - 09:59 PM

There's not a whole lot of carbombings in Saudi Arabia these days. Something like zero or whatever. I don't know, I don't really read the newspaper or anything.

I saw Figo live in Madrid in the fall of '03 and he was looking pretty washed up then (against an undermanned Espanyol squad). I don't doubt MLS could use his star power and experience, but I don't think we necessarily have anything to gain (pure-talent-wise) from a 37 year old Figo. Maybe as a player-coach or something. Remember how well that worked with Hristo?

#9 jjayg

jjayg

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,676 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 12:05 PM

There's not a whole lot of carbombings in Saudi Arabia these days. Something like zero or whatever. I don't know, I don't really read the newspaper or anything.

I saw Figo live in Madrid in the fall of '03 and he was looking pretty washed up then (against an undermanned Espanyol squad). I don't doubt MLS could use his star power and experience, but I don't think we necessarily have anything to gain (pure-talent-wise) from a 37 year old Figo. Maybe as a player-coach or something. Remember how well that worked with Hristo?

Figo did look like crap in '03 but in all fairness he had a bit of a rebirth at inter. He's going to the middle east for money. That's a plenty good reason. Extend his career and get some cash. And as Flynn already stated it's plenty safe there. As for the no alcohol or babes, i'm pretty sure they have ways around that. Don't think it will be a problem and if it is he probably has a private jet to fly him somewhere if he wants a drink and a lap dance.

#10 hendo

hendo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 01:24 PM

As for the no alcohol or babes, i'm pretty sure they have ways around that. Don't think it will be a problem and if it is he probably has a private jet to fly him somewhere if he wants a drink and a lap dance.

I bet Figo's going to be taking lots of side trips to Dubai. Anyways, it's only a 1-year deal...pretty smart move on Figo's part. Get a nice paycheck for 1 year, then see whether you want to move on next year.
Sveto ime Chicago

#11 irish_steve

irish_steve

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 01:36 PM

Figo doesnt need babes. Have you seen his wife? WOW....

#12 jjayg

jjayg

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,676 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 01:40 PM

Figo doesnt need babes. Have you seen his wife? WOW....

Posted Image

#13 IronFan

IronFan

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 02:00 PM

Isnt he getting paid more right now ??

#14 hendo

hendo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 02:10 PM

Posted Image

C'mon, Guppy. Sign him up, I don't care how much it takes. As long as she's included in the deal. :o
Sveto ime Chicago

#15 Paolo

Paolo

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Supports:Chicago Fire, QuerĂ©taro FC

Posted 28 December 2006 - 06:21 PM

Hi-oh!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users