Gigi15

Gigi15

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Supports:Sure as hell not DC
how bout Charles Kazlauskas? Right back
his goal can be seen at the 2:10 mark. The red bulls should scout him see if he can serve as a good enough backup to solli...could be an interesting pick up and i dont think hed hit the cap that much.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro
I'm pretty sure Sylvain Distin's contract runs out in a few months. Would he be an option as the CB Backe was talking about bringing in?

simont

simont

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls USMNT Tottenham Hotspur
http://www.goal.com/...be-adding-a-new

no thank you on Berbatov but if we could get Lampard i would be ok with that. we dont need Help up top. also if we did trade Rafa to Houston who would you like to see come to NY from Houston.

Roofles

Roofles

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • Interests:belligerent love that Red Bulls fans threw his way, in that particularly entitled, disrespectful, yet somehow fiercely loyal manner New York sports fans specialize in.
Honestly. I thought Neymar was going to be the MLS's new Beckham. I had this whole theory in my head how the League and Red Bull were going to pony up the cash and beat out Madrid and Chelsea and what-not to keep the international eyes focused here. It would have been a freakin' circus if they'd pulled that off Right?

Sadly, I don't think it will:
Neymar extends Santos contract.

Matrim55

Matrim55

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,309 posts
  • Supports:Metros

if we could get Lampard i would be ok with that...

You'd be ok with a guy who got drunk and ridiculed Americans on 9/11? Because that's what Lampard (and Terry and a few others) did.

Fuck Lampard forever.

Gigi15

Gigi15

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Id be hesitant to get another striker as a DP for the reason being if you dont have a guy who can orchestrate attacks on the ground and just longball it whats the point of having two DPs uptop? Its almost pointless. We already have a finese striker up top and a guy who can serve as a poacher like rodgers, what we need is a guy whose going to spread the ball, help in the build up play, has good passing vision and not be shy to comeback and defend. Lampard is an intriguing option, but after what matrim55 said id be hesitant as well, drunk or not thats something they should have never said. Having said that, theres no doubting his skill and saying he could still contribute well above the rest of the pack at the highest level....what about an alexander hleb or rosicky would anyone go for them? Also whats park ji sungs status? hes very underated and could do well here... or perhaps we can get a top young player on loan like Paul Pogba from manchester United??

Calcio20

Calcio20

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,028 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars FC Juve USMNT

You'd be ok with a guy who got drunk and ridiculed Americans on 9/11? Because that's what Lampard (and Terry and a few others) did.

Fuck Lampard forever.

not good if true.

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.

Fuck Lampard forever.

Beat me to it. Heard this as well.

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

cBr

cBr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts
Gimmie one of those panamnian nt beasts from the gold cup at cb and honduras' palacios at cm.

5 year plan

C.O.Jones

C.O.Jones

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts
  • Supports:CF Cadiz

how bout Charles Kazlauskas? Right back
his goal can be seen at the 2:10 mark. The red bulls should scout him see if he can serve as a good enough backup to solli...could be an interesting pick up and i dont think hed hit the cap that much.

Great minds think alike. I was thinking about this guy earlier this week.
Selling feature is that he has US citizenship, so wouldn't take up an international slot.
I think he could be had for a decent price, his club contract runs out in 2012.
I do believe he plays as a DM.

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.
Aquivaldo Mosqueda. Colombian international that plays for Club America in Mexico. He's been our captain since Pardo left, and I'm pretty sure with the state of the team, we are cleaning house, and he might be on his way out. He didn't have the greatest season, but he's a big strong CB.

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,308 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
my targets would be:

CM
- Celso Borges, 23, CM, Costa Rican International - he stated that he wants to leave Fredrikstad
or
- Bobby Convey, 28, CM - released from San Jose

GK
- Jaime Penedo, 30, GK, Panama International - was a stud in the Gold Cup
or
- Stefan Frei, 25 - high price GK - why would Tor want him if they have decent cover?

CB
Ike Opara - SJ squad is going to be blown up, seems to be always injured - maybe we can get him for a draft pick
or
Corey Gibbs - had a solid season. Always been a fan of his game. can be injury prone. has high salary - could be dumped

RB
sign youth academy product - Widner Saint Cyr

cBr

cBr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts
Joseph is a fa now. His mls contract is up. He's not the one man army he once was but i think he would take this team to the next level. Ppl label him as a dmid but In reality hes a hell of a 2 way. I wouldnt mind giving a known commodity like joseph a dp deal

5 year plan

Gigi15

Gigi15

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
My targets would be

CB
Ogunyibi- I like the idea of a big solid guy like him pairing with ream, its intriguing and i believe it just might work.
Id also trade lassiter for minor allocation no need for two of the same type players on a team, sign Gallego as an academy product to create more cap space to use on others.

Lb
Tetteh- we dont need someone to overthrow miller of his thrown, you dont need a world class left back to win in MLS- just a decent one with decent cover, and tetteh is decent cover, if not try to see if we can draft hunter jumper.

RB
I would love to see if we can get Garza or Ward.

LM
Id go after a guy like nanchoff, and sign chigardze

RM
Ampaipitakwong
and get dener from sao paulo on loan

CM
Id go for an attacking midfielder like rosicky for sure. The little mozart will do wonders here.
Celso Borges sounds like an intriguing option too....wonder if hed come here and what would he be making.
He would be a huge impact player in 2 more years.

ST
Jerry Bengston

Id bring guys like Mejia whose a Cm and Roger rojas whose a striker on trial as well as seeing how guys like Kyle Roach, Dan Metzger, and Sean Davis have progressed.

GK
Frei
Restrepo

Jeremy Thunder

Jeremy Thunder

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts
  • Supports:Metro
GK: Get another backup keeper, make Bouna #1, stop fucking with his confidence, get a real GK coach.

CB: Sign Gallego

RB: Widner St Cyr

R/LM: Giorgi Chirgadze

CM: get DeRo back
  __    __   ______Spirit_of_96 __ __     _____    
 /_/\  /\_\ /\_____\/\_______)\/_/\__/\  ) ___ (   
 ) ) \/ ( (( (_____/\(___  __\/) ) ) ) )/ /\_/\ \  
/_/ \  / \_\\ \__\    / / /   /_/ /_/_// /_/ (_\ \ 
\ \ \\// / // /__/_  ( ( (    \ \ \ \ \\ \ )_/ / / 
 )_) )( (_(( (_____\  \ \ \    )_) ) \ \\ \/_\/ /  
 \_\/  \/_/ \/_____/  /_/_/    \_\/ \_\/ )_____(   
                   Red Bull Out