• 6,747 posts
Posted Image

cBr

cBr

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts
In all seriousness Hans did say they had dp offers to 2 players for that 1 cm spot. God damn it the more you piece the rumors together the more real this gets (goff, spanish paper, hans etc)

5 year plan

Father Ted

Father Ted

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts
The Hleb idea is a good one. What about Niko Kranjcar? He doesn't get much playing time at Spurs as Modric is better than him.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

The Hleb idea is a good one. What about Niko Kranjcar? He doesn't get much playing time at Spurs as Modric is better than him.

He scored a nice goal over the weekend.

Would never come.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.
http://blogs.theprov...tain-bocanegra/

What is the current allocation ranking for returning internationals? Wonder how much Boca makes at Rangers... DP?

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts

http://blogs.theprov...tain-bocanegra/

What is the current allocation ranking for returning internationals? Wonder how much Boca makes at Rangers... DP?

Without a doubt DP.

Good call with Rangers most likely having to jettison older players who make a lot of money.

Question would be, is Boca ready to come home yet? He's still playing at a good level and there are clubs in Europe that still would like to have him.

I don't think he's realistic for Red Bulls but I do look forward to him coming back to MLS one day.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts

Without a doubt DP.

Can't be that sure, Jay Demerit isn't a DP.

hackmeister

hackmeister

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts
  • Interests:Futbol, linux, hunting, drinking beer
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

Without a doubt DP.

Not a DP but a near max non-DP (comparable to Conde).

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts

Can't be that sure, Jay Demerit isn't a DP.

Jay DeMerit (who I love) isn't the USA captain.
Jay DeMerit wasn't playing in the top division in England, France and Scotland.
Jay DeMerit had 1 very nice season in the Premirship, otherwise he was a 2nd Division English player.
Jay DeMerit was not in demand when he came to MLS, Boca is.

Not a good comparision IMO. But I understand where you're coming from.

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts

Jay DeMerit (who I love) isn't the USA captain.
Jay DeMerit wasn't playing in the top division in England, France and Scotland.
Jay DeMerit had 1 very nice season in the Premirship, otherwise he was a 2nd Division English player.
Jay DeMerit was not in demand when he came to MLS, Boca is.

Not a good comparision IMO. But I understand where you're coming from.

Rangers payroll is pretty comparable to a Championship team. I think their market value is similar.

hackmeister

hackmeister

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts
  • Interests:Futbol, linux, hunting, drinking beer
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

Rangers payroll is pretty comparable to a Championship team. I think their market value is similar.

Jay DeMerit made $350k last year. He also only played 21 games due to injuries. Bocanegra and Demerit are both 32 years old.

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Jay DeMerit made $350k last year. He also only played 21 games due to injuries. Bocanegra and Demerit are both 32 years old.

We can't aford another expensive CB. Just think CAM right now.

In fact, channel a little Monty Python: "CAM, CAM, CAM, CAM, Lovely CAM, Lovely CAM!"

That's the only randomness this team needs right now. Let's stay focused on the job at hand.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts

It that's true, I had no idea.

Are you summizing that, or do you know that?

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
I just did a little research and found the average salary in the Championship is about $250K a year, US.

Any Rangers or Celtic supports around? Can you weigh in on the average way of the players on your squad?

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts

It that's true, I had no idea.

Are you summizing that, or do you know that?

there have been lots of threads in the past, on other forums.. its hard to compare SPL averages vs EPL averages when two SPL teams spend 5x the others... but yeah, Celtic and Rangers have had their payrolls decrease steadily since 2008, look at the player transfers in and out, etc... was looking for some quick reference for you but SPL numbers are hard to find, I'm sure there's a bigsoccer thread from a year ago somewhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users