hackmeister

hackmeister

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts
  • Interests:Futbol, linux, hunting, drinking beer
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

I just did a little research and found the average salary in the Championship is about $250K a year, US.

For what it's worth Vancouver just signed Scottish winger Barry Robson as a mid season DP. He's currently with Championship side Middlesbrough and is pulling a reverse Holden.

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

I just did a little research and found the average salary in the Championship is about $250K a year, US.

Any Rangers or Celtic supports around? Can you weigh in on the average way of the players on your squad?

reference? my quick search found this: http://news.bbc.co.u...all/4898392.stm

from 2006 and it says $306,720... and that was 6 years ago.

past conversation went a little a more in depth, showed individual teams instead of averages. top 10 teams in the championship have very different budgets from bottom 10 and then the already mentioned disparity in the SPL.

Rooney22

Rooney22

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts
  • Supports:The Mighty Fucking Metro

For what it's worth Vancouver just signed Scottish winger Barry Robson as a mid season DP. He's currently with Championship side Middlesbrough and is pulling a reverse Holden.

And a new reason to bench Henry when we go up to Vancouver. Robson has 10 yellow cards and its only Feb. I could imagine he would be around the 15-16 mark by seasons end.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

reference?

Want to point out that I have no expertise in this area. I'm trying to learn.

http://www.dailymail...ampionship.html

I'd also imagine that the Rangers & Celtic wages are much different from the rest of Scotland. I'd also imagine that their top players like Bocanegra, etc. would get paid a lot more. But that is not based on fact, rather my assumption. I'm willing to learn on this one.

Boca was also in France's Lige 1 and I don't think he's take a major pay cut to play in Scotland. I could be wrong. I'd just love to know the facts.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

Want to point out that I have no expertise in this area. I'm trying to learn.

http://www.dailymail...ampionship.html

I'd also imagine that the Rangers & Celtic wages are much different from the rest of Scotland. I'd also imagine that their top players like Bocanegra, etc. would get paid a lot more. But that is not based on fact, rather my assumption. I'm willing to learn on this one.

Boca was also in France's Lige 1 and I don't think he's take a major pay cut to play in Scotland. I could be wrong. I'd just love to know the facts.

Ah, those numbers look right just the conversion was off, your link shows championship average at $330,722 USD

Rangers likes American players because they're economical, I wouldn't expect Boca to be one of the higher paid players. I'll see if I can find the old bigsoccer thread, it had a great breakdown that compared individual SPL and championship teams against eachother.

But anecdotally, what does everyone think we're going to pay Palsson? Started the whole season for Hibs, Pool reserve player, only 21... maybe 100k? And then this Robson guy... 33.. played mostly for Dundee and Iverness, never caught on at Celtic, and now plays for Middlesborough... he's a DP?

hackmeister

hackmeister

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

And then this Robson guy... 33.. played mostly for Dundee and Iverness, never caught on at Celtic, and now plays for Middlesborough... he's a DP?

Maybe they're paying him $300-400k and gave him the DP tag because they want to reduce his cap hit down to $167k? Makes even more sense if they don't plan on signing a big name DP this year. New England did something similar with Joseph.

Rooney22

Rooney22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts

Maybe they're paying him $300-400k and gave him the DP tag because they want to reduce his cap hit down to $167k? Makes even more sense if they don't plan on signing a big name DP this year. New England did something similar with Joseph.

Thats most likely it he is finishing the year with 'Boro and then going to Vancouver in July.

Jrigert57

Jrigert57

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
Mike Grella, is a free agent after he parted ways with Brentford in England. Was a 09 draft pick of TFC in 09 out of Duke (Signed w/ Leeds United however), and has said that he has not ruled out MLS.

Would be a nice American pick-up, can play in the midfield/forward and grew up on Long Island.

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Mike Grella, is a free agent after he parted ways with Brentford in England. Was a 09 draft pick of TFC in 09 out of Duke (Signed w/ Leeds United however), and has said that he has not ruled out MLS.

Would be a nice American pick-up, can play in the midfield/forward and grew up on Long Island.

Hmm, I dunno. He used to play for the US U-20 squad. The league might be able to use that as an excuse to ship him to Columbus just to screw with us.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts

Mike Grella, is a free agent after he parted ways with Brentford in England.

Good catch. Seems like a lock, put him on the roster now!

Exact pedigree Soler is looking for. Young American player who's played in the 3rd division in Europe.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Good catch. Seems like a lock, put him on the roster now!

Exact pedigree Soler is looking for. Young American player who's played in the 3rd division in Europe.

:deadhorse:

hackmeister

hackmeister

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts
What do you guys think of Adolfo Bautista? He was rumored to be going to Chicago but nothing has come of it. He's out of contract. I wonder if he can be had for non DP money?

Rooney22

Rooney22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts

What do you guys think of Adolfo Bautista? He was rumored to be going to Chicago but nothing has come of it. He's out of contract. I wonder if he can be had for non DP money?

Not Scandinavian or has not played in Scandinavia....next :P

His Wiki says he is currently with Chicago. :ph34r:

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
We could use a back-up left back.

Ivan Guerrero is trying to return to MLS. He was good when he was here befrore. He's 34 now though and was cut by Chicago.

Not a bad veteran back up who's a natural left back though.

.....and Klopas denied the Boffo rumor.

IMO, last thing we need is another forward.

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
Timbers sign goalkeeper Joe Bendik

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users