1075 replies to this topic

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Not to take anything away from him, but without Henry he would t have half the goals he's scored this season.

Absolutely, but that's irrelevant. You can't just stick any mediocre striker next to Henry and have him produce. Despite how much work Henry needs to do to get the ball to Cooper, he poaches better than almost about anyone this franchise has ever had. And if you can't find cap room for him then it's pathetic.

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
  • Supports:RBNY
Dunno, love Luke Rodgers, but he is a league 2 striker who produced next to Henry. Even Dane Richards did. The most notable exception is Juan Agudelo. (And Sebastien le2)
"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,308 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
if we can have Cooper for 150 -200K then i will keep him at RBNY. anything over that limit, and RBNY is overpaying for Coop. i think le2 can produce but hasnt been given the opportunity to play forward but i would prefer Rodgers if he can come back to RBNY.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre
Trade Le2 for Adu?

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

DP3

DP3

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Fulham

if we can have Cooper for 150 -200K then i will keep him at RBNY. anything over that limit, and RBNY is overpaying for Coop. i think le2 can produce but hasnt been given the opportunity to play forward but i would prefer Rodgers if he can come back to RBNY.

I think that's low for Cooper. I feel infuriated on most of Cooper's touches, but the man has scored 18 goals, good for second in the league. Sure, he doesn't do what we want him to do but he has scored and scored. There is a lot to be said about his durability and ability to find himself at the right place at the right time. Yes, many of his goals are the result of a little Henry magic or his teammates' service, but you can't just slot anyone there and get production as we've seen with Agudelo and Le Toux (to be fair he has only played a few games here). Even Luke scored "only" 9 goals in 23 games. Cooper's 18 in 33 is great production.

However, I remember that Cooper's trade had some sort of clause regarding additional compensation should Red Bull sign him for another year. I don't know the details but that could be big and would warrant letting him go. Cooper to Le Toux is not a huge downgrade if that's necessary.

Bob the MetroStars12thman

Bob the MetroStars12thman

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 446 posts
  • Supports:Metros, USA, Allez les Bleus, Jets

Cooper to Le Toux is not a huge downgrade if that's necessary.

I don't know how you come to that conclusion. Le Toux absolutely sucks. He can't hit the broad side of a barn and has zero chemistry with anyone.

DP3

DP3

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Fulham

I don't know how you come to that conclusion. Le Toux absolutely sucks. He can't hit the broad side of a barn and has zero chemistry with anyone.

He has looked terrible for us true, but he has been played out of position as a RM/RW much of the time and he clearly does not excel there. He's had success in this league over multiple seasons, and I believe that given time he could develop chemistry with the team.

Rooney22

Rooney22

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts
  • Supports:The Mighty Fucking Metro

He has looked terrible for us true, but he has been played out of position as a RM/RW much of the time and he clearly does not excel there. He's had success in this league over multiple seasons, and I believe that given time he could develop chemistry with the team.

+1 Le Toux needs to play in the center to be successful anywhere other than that he is awful.

kawandinho

kawandinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts
  • Interests:big hips ... a wide backsides
  • Supports:NYRedbulls Milan

+1 Le Toux needs to play in the center to be successful anywhere other than that he is awful.

he would be in Henry's space.. they play a similar role with success and either can play on the wing but better in the center. Le2 will only succeed off the bench of us or he will have to go .
sigh, who to blame? who to blame? oh BACKE seems ideal .
Carbonero-Enzo-Jroke = Father-Son-Holy Ghost - three in one the god hater.

metro bomaye!

metro bomaye!

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts
  • Supports:METRO | Betis

I think he might be OK at striker but to be honest the guy was left unprotected by Seattle, had one career year with the worms (playing a very negative counter-attacking style IIRC) and he's been relatively quiet since then and often underwhelming since going to Vancouver. I absolutely do not trust him to produce consistently, and I would be extremely worried if he were to be anywhere near our #2 striker position.

IMO he could serve us well as a #3-4 striker and an emergency RW. That's it. If he's asked to do anything more than that then we're asking for trouble.

I say that unless Coop demands something well over $200k it's a no-brainer to find a place for him on this team...why mess with a good thing?

Red Bull Out

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
  • Supports:RBNY
My dream lineup for next year...

Henry-Cahill

Lade-Kaka-McCarty-Sam

Pearce-Conde-Holgersson-Barklage

On the bench...

Digao, Keel, 3rd striker, Lindpere, ect, ect

That should be easy to fit under the cap. Sell Meara for allocation money, keep Robles and Gaudette as the tandem.
"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users