137 replies to this topic

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Article doesn't specify which Red Bull club...

https://www.google.c...ganization/amp/

regulator

regulator

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
I disagree that he'd bring an attendance boost here, but would love to see him back here

odsum25

odsum25

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • Supports:RBNY
He really only makes sense assistant to Nagelsmann, or replacing Armas here. I can't see him becoming an assistant here or in Salzburg. Of course there's also the chance that Ragnick has another role lined up for Henry with RB Global.

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA

I disagree that he'd bring an attendance boost here, but would love to see him back here

Armas certainly did not bring an attendance boost, so how could Henry not improve upon that?

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

Armas certainly did not bring an attendance boost, so how could Henry not improve upon that?

Unless Henry is going to keep the WTC PATH station open on the weekends, I don't see how our attendance would magically improve with him here.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

There's zero chance I'll be able to dig up the quote, but I could have sworn Henry once talked to one of the NY beat writers about how he has a hard time explaining his thoughts and techniques to players, he has to just get out there and show them. Rumors about his time at Monaco were that this was exactly what went down. He'd struggle to communicate his ideas, freak out at the players for not getting it, then just run out on the training pitch himself.

I love the guy, but he's never struck me as a manager.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Don't see this being realistic. 

I love Henry, but a lot of the great players in sports history have not translated well to coaching.  

Plus, the biggest reason is that this whole red bull thing is built off the system, and I don't see Henry coming in to be a student of the system.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,792 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal
Sky links him directly to us.

https://www.skysport...er-managers-job

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Unless Henry is going to keep the WTC PATH station open on the weekends, I don't see how our attendance would magically improve with him here.

Yup and we didn't sell out when he played here, so him coaching certainly isn't going to start selling it out.

CurbYourNewUrbanism

CurbYourNewUrbanism

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Arsenal

It would probably end in disaster but fuck it do it

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA

Armas should be given some time to straighten out the mess. But TH is available today, and tomorrow he might not be available. 

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

I would be down with this. The Armas experiment has failed IMO. We aren't just getting bad results - we look bad doing it. Teams have figured out our press, and we basically have no answer for it. If Henry fails, then he fails. But I don't think it can't be worse than where Armas has us now. And it's not every day that you get a Thierry Henry who wants to coach your club. Yes he failed at Moncao, but they also just had a bad team with a ton of injuries. Not everyone succeeds on their first try. Maybe it was a learning experience. We all know that Henry is a football genius - its just a question of whether he is a good teacher.

As for the hype, obviously we wouldn't start magically selling out, but I do think it would be nice to have his name attached to the club again. It would bring back some swagger to the club. He's a huge name, and a club legend. Personally, he's my favorite player of all time and the reason that I started following this club. And I know I'm not the only one.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Sometimes the best players just don't turn into even good coaches. Wayne Gretzky is a perfect example of that situation. He was an absolutely terrible coach.

redredred

redredred

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • Supports:metro
Part of me doesnt want to see Henry come back to manage and be unsuccessful in an embarrassing tarped off RBA.

But if he did come it would seem like a sign of hope for the clubs ambition.

I cant imagine hed come unless they were willing to spend some money on players.

The core of the team should still be pretty good for another year or two and it seems like Armas has them underperforming and sloppy.

If Henry came back, perhaps hed be able to motivate them to play a decent first half and if he brought in a couple good players...

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

It would probably end in disaster but fuck it do it

+1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users