62 replies to this topic

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Anyone know what Woly's up to these days?  I just assumed he was leaving to go somewhere.  Really odd that he just left without a place to go.

Pretty sure the "mutual" label was more as a courtesy to him. 

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

He stayed here for 7 years under three different regimes for a second division developmental arm. There is no evidence to indicate there was anything nefarious a play here. We have no idea what's going on here. He could have a better job offer elsewhere. He could be leaving for medical reasons. He and Thelwell could have agreed it was just time for both to change things up with no bad ill will either way. Aside from being hysterical and based in no evidence, it's honestly unfair to Wolyniec to make him a pawn in everyone else's neurotic agenda.

Pretty sure the "mutual" label was more as a courtesy to him. 

Not to be that guy, but these comments are entering the realm of mutually exclusive. 

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Not to be that guy, but these comments are entering the realm of mutually exclusive. 

Not really. Time has passed since, meaning we have new information. And RB telling him they wanted to move on wouldn't be "nefarious."

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

I feel like with Thelwell's statements on youth development "mutual" is a nice way of saying Woly's got canned. Thelwell wanted his guys in.

Sucks because I am a big fan of Woly - but there has to be better jobs out there than RBII. I wonder what he was getting paid. I'm thinking this might be a good thing for Woly. Even if he wants to stay in the area, there are two other MLS teams in commuting distance and so many college teams.  

I would be super excited if he got a head coach MLS job, but that doesnt seem likely to me. And yet, Armas is at old tratford, so what do i know. 

where did you see mutual in a statement. Woly qoute said it will allow him to pursue other professional opportunities

This piece of garbage club drives people away.. 

Good for Woly. Probably couldn't take the bullshit anymore. Never got the fair shake to be the 1st team coach or even an assistant. 

The number of assumptions in his post is staggering.

Sure, but calling people's assumptions staggering, and then agreeing with them 3 months later shall be addressed!!! What sayeth thou????!!!!

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Sure, but calling people's assumptions staggering, and then agreeing with them 3 months later shall be addressed!!! What sayeth thou????!!!!

I am in no way agreeing with a belief that Woly's departure was full of vitriol and a statement by him regarding where the club was headed. Nor that he was "driven away." I have no issue with anything you wrote in your original quote.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
A couple folks and I were talking to Hamlett tonight at the NYRBII jersey release.

Sounds like Woly made the decision to leave but the team wasn't going to fight him on it.

He is ref'ing right now and a couple people close to him mentioned he plans to get back into coaching next year.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

I am in no way agreeing with a belief that Woly's departure was full of vitriol and a statement by him regarding where the club was headed. Nor that he was "driven away." I have no issue with anything you wrote in your original quote.

Your defense has been noted. The Jury shall recess for deliberations....

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

A couple folks and I were talking to Hamlett tonight at the NYRBII jersey release.

Sounds like Woly made the decision to leave but the team wasn't going to fight him on it.

He is ref'ing right now and a couple people close to him mentioned he plans to get back into coaching next year.

I would like him to go to cincy.

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

the usl grind is tough long bus rides huge time commitment he has young kids him taking a sabbatical is not surprising. Kind of funny he is reffing

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Anyone know what Woly's up to these days? 

Do you know the way to San Jose?
https://www.mlssocce...hnical-director

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

Fantastic for him!

Metro reunion with Chris Leitch

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

Fantastic for him!

Metro reunion with Chris Leitch

Did they ever play together?

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal
Great news. Couldnt be happier for him.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

Did they ever play together?

Of course. Overlapped pretty much entire Leitch's Metro career over two stints.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

Of course. Overlapped pretty much entire Leitch's Metro career over two stints.

I forgot everything.  Apparently Leitch started in the MLS Cup game...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users