69 replies to this topic

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

Romanian attacking midfielder Florin Tănase is in advanced discussions to sign with the New York Red Bulls. He currently plays for Steaua București. His club will not sell him for less than $5.7 million. He has been offered a salary of $1.1 million. (Fanatik) #RBNYMLS_19_RBNY.png

interesting.....

very big splash

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Romanian attacking midfielder Florin Tănase is in advanced discussions to sign with the New York Red Bulls. He currently plays for Steaua București. His club will not sell him for less than $5.7 million. He has been offered a salary of $1.1 million. (Fanatik) #RBNYMLS_19_RBNY.png

interesting.....

very big splash

Uh dont we already have an CAM? If Kaku isnt going anywhere where is this guy playing?

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Uh dont we already have an CAM? If Kaku isnt going anywhere where is this guy playing?

Play Kaku and Royer wide.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts

https://www.youtube....h?v=ZhrOrVRnRKc

Looks like he could be a ST, or really could just play in any of the front 4 in the 4231.

BWP

Royer - Kaku - This guy

or

BWP

Royer - Him - Kaku

Thats firepower

SoapyDish

SoapyDish

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Arsenal

interesting.....

very big splash

24 years old, plays in Romania's top league. Gotta assume this is a player they'd expect to play at a high level right now. Also gonna assume that this is the type of signing where if it works out he'd be shipped off to Salzburg in a couple years.

Highlight tape I found: https://www.youtube....h?v=ZhrOrVRnRKc

Seems like his goal benefit from the goalies and defense being absolutely terrible. Should fit in well in MLS.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts

Play Kaku and Royer wide.

Kaku is best when hes in the middle, but this guy can apparently play up top and on the left as well.

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Interesting.  From what I've read this Tanase dude can play anywhere in the attack.  

Have to wonder if it means Kaku is a goner.  Hopefully not, but the guy did everything to indicate he wants out.  Maybe he's playing nice now because he's been promised that.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Kaku is best when hes in the middle, but this guy can apparently play up top and on the left as well.

At Huracan, he played ~80% of time at LM/LW. spent some games at RM also. 

Also, weren't we linked to a romanian a couple of yrs ago, but he was pricey or something? 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts

very big splash

I wouldn't describe this as a very big splash, but OK.  Hope he can adjust to this level if this is legitimate.  He's got 110 appearances and 26 goals under his belt across all comps for his current club.

#RedBullOut

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts

Also, weren't we linked to a romanian a couple of yrs ago, but he was pricey or something? 

Mitrita was the guy we were linked with.  He's at NYCFC now.  

#RedBullOut

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts

True on Kaku, but he hasnt looked great out wide for us. Maybe having another capable 10 would benefit him if he were pushed out wide.

If this isnt a Kaku replacement you could conceivably play a 4-1-4-1 with both Kaku and this guy in the middle or play the 4-2-3-1 with this guy taking up the Valot role

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts

I wouldn't describe this as a very big splash, but OK.  Hope he can adjust to this level if this is legitimate.  He's got 110 appearances and 26 goals under his belt across all comps for his current club.

We've paid transfer fees for 4 guys, if we sign this guy it will be at least our second highest ever, not sure how that isnt a big splash.

https://www.transfer...orde/verein/623

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts

We've paid transfer fees for 4 guys, if we sign this guy it will be at least our second highest ever, not sure how that isnt a big splash.

https://www.transfer...orde/verein/623

The transfer fee is pretty meaningless.  This club dropped 2 million on some rando from Denmark who can't break out of RB2.  Big splash implies a game-changing type of player.  This club has had Thierry Henry, Donadoni, Youri Djorkaeff, JPA and Tim Cahill.  I'm not sure rando guy from Romania fits the bill here.

#RedBullOut

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Transfer fee definitely isn't meaningless. Everyone is trying to get an idea of what the team is willing to invest in players and that's a big part of the picture.  If we're ditching Kaku then I don't find this amount too interesting because it's just a like for like.  But if we're rolling the rest of the season with double digit total transfer fees sitting in our attack then I'm pretty happy with the team from an investment level.  I can live with the team not being Atlanta when it comes to spending, but I definitely don't want to be Philly.

As for the other Romanian we were linked to a couple years back, I forget his name but if this dude is anything like Mitrita then I'm happy.  That dude is a good player.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

The transfer fee is pretty meaningless.  This club dropped 2 million on some rando from Denmark who can't break out of RB2.  Big splash implies a game-changing type of player.  This club has had Thierry Henry, Donadoni, Youri Djorkaeff, JPA and Tim Cahill.  I'm not sure rando guy from Romania fits the bill here.

The transfer fee and how he ends up panning out are independent conversations. Close to a $6 million transfer fee is classified as a big splash in my eyes and, if it ends up being finalized, I'll be quite pleased.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users