68 replies to this topic

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

This team is better than last year's team.

We shall see.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull

We have a billionaire owner and one of the best hot spots for talent in the country.

Anything other than MLS Cup is a failure.

He doesnt spend like one for us

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

He doesnt spend like one for us

HE DOESNT?!?!?!?

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull

This team is better than last year's team. The guys that disappointed, for the exception of robles, are no longer with the team and they have been replaced by youth and rb2.

This is debatable at best, but even if they are slightly better, saying that they are improved relative to the rest of the league is downright risible

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
If the Red Bulls represent miserable mediocrity, I shudder to think what the Jets, Giants, Knicks, Nets, Isles, Rangers, Devils, and Mets are.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Its a terrible idea to bring in a guy like henry.

The team needs to invest more in the youth academy and youth coaches. It is the most effective way to build a dynasty in MLS.

Can y9ou give an example of a dynasty in MLS that was built that way?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

This team is better than last year's team. The guys that disappointed, for the exception of robles, are no longer with the team and they have been replaced by youth and rb2 players.

Kemar disappointed last year?   Kaku, Rza and Davis didn't disappoint last year?    They may have been replaced, but have they been replaced by better players?    

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Guys, youre getting trolled.......I did too. LOL

Got us, almost Harraby Lad style.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

If the Red Bulls represent miserable mediocrity, I shudder to think what the Jets, Giants, Knicks, Nets, Isles, Rangers, Devils, and Mets are.

RBNY is in the conversation for the best local club of the past decade. Which, I think, is more a commentary on the state of NY sports.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Maybe you should watch more soccer. Most of the teams below have developed their core players from within.

Ajax
Anderlecht
Feyenord
Manchester united... "class of 92"
Sporting lisboa
Real madrid
Barcelona
Santos
Athletic Bilbao

19-20 league ranks by transfer spending, per Transfermarkt:

Ajax: 1st

Anderlecht: 4th

Feyenord: 3rd

Manchester United: 1st

Sporting Lisbon: 3rd

Real Madrid: 1st

Barcelona: 2nd

Santos: 7th

Atletico Bilbao: N/A

Almost all of these teams spend a fuckload of money relative to the rest of their competition. Most of these teams realize that spending versus building from within is not a binary proposition. You can do both. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Most of these teams realize that spending versus building from within is not a binary proposition. You can do both. 

Must be motherfucking nice. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

19-20 league ranks by transfer spending, per Transfermarkt:

Ajax: 1st
Anderlecht: 4th
Feyenord: 3rd
Manchester United: 1st
Sporting Lisbon: 3rd
Real Madrid: 1st
Barcelona: 2nd
Santos: 7th
Atletico Bilbao: N/A

Almost all of these teams spend a fuckload of money relative to the rest of their competition. Most of these teams realize that spending versus building from within is not a binary proposition. You can do both. 

You guys realize that youre getting trolled right????????

Real Madrids youth academy territory is...........the entire world!

They literally have just about no one in their line-up from their region that they developed in their youth academy. Every player is brought in for tens of millions. Wake up folks.

Bale-$100M from Spurs
Courtois-$50M from Chelsea
Benzema- $40M Lyon
Edan Hazard- $100M Chelsea
James Rodríguez-$80M Monaco
Toni Kroos- $40M Bayern Munich
Luca Modric- $40M Spurs
Rodrygo- $50M Flamengo
Isco- $35M Malaga

I can go on but its boring. Even someone that you might think is a true Madridista lime Sergio Ramos.....he was the biggest prospect in the country. Madrid bought him from Sevilla when he was 19 for like $35M.

Dont believe everything you read guys.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Can y9ou give an example of a dynasty in MLS that was built that way?

considering that youth academy's and reserve teams are new the answer is 0. however, Red Bull and FC Dallas have been consistently good by focusing on the development of their youth. I would argue that Philly and Real Salt Lake will join them next season since they have developed a nice pipeline. 

if you want to focus on MLS clubs that  developed a core  and played in multiple MLS cups than that would be DC United (96-99) SJ/HOu (mid 2000s), NE (mid 2000s), Real Salt Lake (early 2010s) 

Even Seattle's recent MLS Cup run depended on Morris and Roldan who were developed by the club. 

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts

Kemar disappointed last year?   Kaku, Rza and Davis didn't disappoint last year?    They may have been replaced, but have they been replaced by better players?    

kemar was a disappointment. he was no where near his 2017- 2018 level.  the only time he didn't disappoint was when he was out injured  or called up because he was excused which was almost half a season.

the team didn't fail because of kaku rza or davis. the team failed because kemar and murillo kept on making silly mistakes on defense. Thank god they have been replaced by guys who are willing to fight instead of leaving their man unmarked.   

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts

You guys realize that youre getting trolled right????????

Real Madrids youth academy territory is...........the entire world!

They literally have just about no one in their line-up from their region that they developed in their youth academy. Every player is brought in for tens of millions. Wake up folks.

Bale-$100M from Spurs
Courtois-$50M from Chelsea
Benzema- $40M Lyon
Edan Hazard- $100M Chelsea
James Rodríguez-$80M Monaco
Toni Kroos- $40M Bayern Munich
Luca Modric- $40M Spurs
Rodrygo- $50M Flamengo
Isco- $35M Malaga

I can go on but its boring. Even someone that you might think is a true Madridista lime Sergio Ramos.....he was the biggest prospect in the country. Madrid bought him from Sevilla when he was 19 for like $35M.

Dont believe everything you read guys.

nice try in manipulating a post. the point of the earlier post was to show how some of the major clubs in the world have had a history in developing the core of their team. 

the point is to show that spending money for the sake of spending money is silly. imagine if Barcelona never gave messi, puyol, Iniesta or Xavi a chance to shine. Or if Real never allowed Casillas, Raul or Morientes play? spending money for the sake of spending money is dumb.

RBNY has talent and there is no reason  to rush and buy guys now. especially in a league that has a salary cap.  the guys promoted from RB2 and the youth academy have talent. the smart play is to see what you have.. there is no harm in waiting 

what is the worst that could happen? we lose games? then you spend money in the summer when the talent pool of players is a lot better. 

now if the plan works out... you can then use the money to hold on to the core for a very long time. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users