Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Well, judging by the way how he played tonite in a friendly against San Lorenzo, he hustles a lot and harasses defenders. not a tiny guy either. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ
I know nothing about the guy, and it might not come to anything, but Im excited just to hear RUMORS suggesting we could spend that much on a player.

hoofit

hoofit

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Supports:NYRB

Nacho Pussy, motherf-cker.

Excellence Not Expectations

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

Its not to happen until summer, yet they can quote the transfer fee?

You hit the nail in the head. Another nothing news. It's the off-season.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,799 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Its not to happen until summer, yet they can quote the transfer fee?

Pretty common, actually.  No different than Liverpool pre-signing Naby Keita from Leipzig, for example.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

You hit the nail in the head. Another nothing news. It's the off-season.

Our "big sister" club RB Leipzig agreed to sell Naby Keita to Liverpool this coming July 2018. However, this deal (along with the transfer fee) was announced way back in August of 2017...so it's not entirely unheard of.

They (RBNY and Huaracan) might be deep in negotiations already for all we know.  Or it could just be an unfounded rumor. We just don't know.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Our "big sister" club RB Leipzig agreed to sell Naby Keita to Liverpool this coming July 2018. However, this deal (along with the transfer fee) was announced way back in August of 2017...so it's not entirely unheard of.

They (RBNY and Huaracan) might be deep in negotiations already for all we know.  Or it could just be an unfounded rumor. We just don't know.

Or rb could of gotten a discount for letting him play until the end of the season

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Who on Huracan staff is our scout?

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

Who on Huracan staff is our scout?

We got a recommendation from Kaku.

gears

gears

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

I'm sold. I firmly believe that we should have as many players named Ignacio as possible. 

All praise Ben Ehresmann! Wonder what this guy's South America connections are like.

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Situation with Keita was that he had a buyout clause that could have been activated in the summer and then Liverpool paid a premium in order to activate it a year in advance. Don't know if any of these guys in the South American leagues have any buyout clauses. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Even if Hamlett doesn't get Pussetto, it's just refreshing. Never did I think after Henry leaving that the technical staff would have the balls to go to a fertile area and just throw cash around trying to buy players. 

So if Pussetto goes to Italy or Portugal, it just means to me Hamlett will turn his attention to a different player and throw $$$ in their direction to buy the player. Before mid December, I sure as shit didn't think we'd ever lay out $$$ for players. Then they try and get Kaku for $6m, now this guy. Imagine if Hamlett has the authority to get and buy 1 impact player per xfer window? Game changer. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Even if Hamlett doesn't get Pussetto, it's just refreshing. Never did I think after Henry leaving that the technical staff would have the balls to go to a fertile area and just throw cash around trying to buy players. 

So if Pussetto goes to Italy or Portugal, it just means to me Hamlett will turn his attention to a different player and throw $$$ in their direction to buy the player. Before mid December, I sure as shit didn't think we'd ever lay out $$$ for players. Then they try and get Kaku for $6m, now this guy. Imagine if Hamlett has the authority to get and buy 1 impact player per xfer window? Game changer. 

I kind of wonder if this is all a precursor to the loosening of MLS transfer rules. As it stands, they take 33% of transfers fees. Let's say RBNY buy Kaku for $6M, with Huracan keeping 20% of his rights. Then in 3 years RBNY sells him to a team in Portugal for $12M. Huracan would keep $2M, but then MLS also takes a 33% cut of the transfer ($4M). RBNY would have sold a player at double the price they bought him and ended up actually earning virtually zero profit. In this scenario, RBNY are paying a fuck-ton for an unproven player and have zero upside in their investment. 

But if there are profits to be made, then it makes perfect sense for RBNY to spend big on young South Americans. Yes, spending $15M on two players is a lot, but Red Bull are rich as fuck. They can afford it in the short-term. If in 3 years they are then able to turn that into, let's say, a $5M profit, then they've pretty much covered the cost of running the team for multiple years just from that alone. Let alone whatever is made from tickets sales/merchandise/TV contracts/playoff success.

Or this rumor is a bunch of bullshit, MLS is still going to eat into transfer fees, Kaku will break his ankle in April, and I have no idea what the fuck I am talking about.

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York

I don't actually believe this rumor, though I'd love it to be true. I think the near-term goal for MLS is to have teams that can pay on the level and play on the level of top Liga MX teams. We aren't there yet, but teams like ATL & TFC are starting to spend closer. 

It could be that RBHQ now understands that the league has changed, and the academy + moneyball alone isn't going to get it done.  I doubt that, but it would be nice. 

I hope to hell this happens, but I won't actually believe it until he lands at Newark. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,799 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I kind of wonder if this is all a precursor to the loosening of MLS transfer rules. As it stands, they take 33% of transfers fees. Let's say RBNY buy Kaku for $6M, with Huracan keeping 20% of his rights. Then in 3 years RBNY sells him to a team in Portugal for $12M. Huracan would keep $2M, but then MLS also takes a 33% cut of the transfer ($4M). RBNY would have sold a player at double the price they bought him and ended up actually earning virtually zero profit. In this scenario, RBNY are paying a fuck-ton for an unproven player and have zero upside in their investment. 

But if there are profits to be made, then it makes perfect sense for RBNY to spend big on young South Americans. Yes, spending $15M on two players is a lot, but Red Bull are rich as fuck. They can afford it in the short-term. If in 3 years they are then able to turn that into, let's say, a $5M profit, then they've pretty much covered the cost of running the team for multiple years just from that alone. Let alone whatever is made from tickets sales/merchandise/TV contracts/playoff success.

Or this rumor is a bunch of bullshit, MLS is still going to eat into transfer fees, Kaku will break his ankle in April, and I have no idea what the fuck I am talking about.

In that scenario, I'd imagine MLS could only claim 33% of the net, after Hurican gets their cut, but still, your point is well made.  The league can't expect teams to throw xfer fees around like ATL  is doing (and now us, apparently), if they can't expect a reasonable return on their investments, and that also goes for the Academy $$$ teams are investing.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users