106 replies to this topic

Grimnitz

Grimnitz

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hertha BSC, FC Harlem
Perusing the KSC Forums, it sounds like his confidence is shot, and they have already written him off as gone. What he needs is a good boost of confidence from the Viking Elite, right Bouna? Bouna?
"What do I have to do to get you into my van?"~Konrad

“Sellouts are extremely important to us for what we're trying to start here.”-Chris Heck
http://www.facebook.com/VikingArmySC

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
Is this guy better than Bouna?

Hutskizzle

Hutskizzle

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,765 posts

Perusing the KSC Forums, it sounds like his confidence is shot, and they have already written him off as gone. What he needs is a good boost of confidence from the Viking Elite, right Bouna? Bouna?

Any time Bouna gained confidence he lost it immediately on the next attempted goal kick

Mike
Petke
Fever
Catch It.

Grimnitz

Grimnitz

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Dunno honestly. Just because Hertha is friendly with KSC doesn't mean we watch them every match :P Transfermarkt.de rates Robles at 250k Euro, Bounatime at 200K. But Bouna is listed without a league and is a current national team player, where as its reversed for Robles, so IDK how that factors into the abstracted "market value".

“Sellouts are extremely important to us for what we're trying to start here.”-Chris Heck

Grimnitz

Grimnitz

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

@SoccerInsider just posted the following: "Luis Robles to New York Red Bulls"

Haven't seen any other commentary on this, but he's experienced, capped by the USMNT, and youngish (mid 20s). I'd feel much more confident about our goalkeeper situation with him than a complete unknown (which we have now.)

meh

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

He won't leave for international duty, and the chances are pretty low that he thinks our management is a bunch of horrible racists. So that is an upgrade in at least 2 categories.
"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

whoshotsam

whoshotsam

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Chelsea
Looks like he had a lot happier time at Kaiserslautern than he's had at Karlsruhe. I'd be happy with having three young-ish keepers and letting them fight it out for the starting role.
"Defeatism is punishable by death." - You Suck Corrales

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts
Am I the only one who thinks when these reporters get bored or lazy they toss out a "going to RBNY" rumor just to see the reaction?

Rob Money

Rob Money

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
When will all wiki pages on goalkeepers have a list of clean sheets?

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Looks like he had a lot happier time at Kaiserslautern than he's had at Karlsruhe. I'd be happy with having three young-ish keepers and letting them fight it out for the starting role.

No way - when you ask a couple keepers to compete for the job, it messes with their head, destroys their confidence and sends to entire season down the drain

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts

No way - when you ask a couple keepers to compete for the job, it messes with their head, destroys their confidence and sends to entire season down the drain

Give me one good example of that happe-oh...

NewcastleEnergyDrink

NewcastleEnergyDrink

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,710 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Newcastle United, USA

Well if it works for Manchester United then it will work fine for us. (#sarcasmfont)
Why Soccer is better than Baseball:

Soccer is a game about a group of people working together to protect and obtain a common goal.

Baseball is a game with a bunch of babies just trying to run "home" and be "safe"

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,308 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
if you think Sutton was a terrible GK then wait till you see Luis Robles in action

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA

if you think Sutton was a terrible GK then wait till you see Luis Robles in action

Robles would be one of 3 young, inexperienced candidates. He doesn't get the starting job automatically.

UpstateFan

UpstateFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls
Soler was on ETR podcast realy talking up how much he likes Vuolo and Meara.....which of course translates to him having no confidence in the them and will be looking for a replacement ASAP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users