38 replies to this topic

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

yall talk like this shit is easy but none of you have done it. The resources are limited Red Bull have put a lock tight seal on things when it comes to leaks Dyer doesnt get things because his sources have left the club. Players are available on request and coaches available weekly in press conference its not as simple as you think it is to cultivate good sources and get info when the team is as tight lipped as they are

Yeah, it's tough. It seems like when news breaks it doesnt come from the organization. It usually comes from a foreign agent who leaked it to foreign press.

when it's an MLS trade, you dont see many agents be as aggressive in leaking stories as they would if it was an MLB or nba player

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
I understand the tight lipped-ness from an organization perspective, and it has been that way through the most recent regimes.

I still feel like there is a way to engage the fanbase better during the offseason and still maintain the secrecy they want.

Whether certain fans like it or not transfer windows and player movement have become just as big a spectacle as the actual matches, and MLS still being a niche league keeping themselves in the conversation during the offseason is important.

We get nearly nothing outside of fan accounts doing internet scouring, so it wouldnt take more than an update or two here or there, without being specific to protect their interests, to be an upgrade.

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Yea but that's the job of being a journalist. Imagine you were a reporter on another beat and you tell your editor: "Sorry, the organization is tight lipped." I understand that it's difficult but it's part of covering the subject. No one covers the team is because no one is demanding coverage, the team doesn't have a large enough fanbase and doesn't justify resources being put into it. But I don't buy that people aren't doing it because there are no sources.

being a journalist covering rbny is not a job no one is getting paid a living wage to cover the team its something people do as a hobby.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

I am not saying it is easy, just pointing out that it is the medias job, not the FOs, and unfortunately the former is not given the resources or the importance by the mainstream media outlets.

The FO can definitely assist. Has Thelwell commented on Davis? Plans for player acquisitions?  These are things that can even be put out with a scripted interview with wishy-washy answers .... doesn't even need to involve media. (Always better if it is independent media, of course.) However, we have silence. Silence a month after the other team won an MLS cup. Silence as training camp starts. How can they expect to fill a stadium if they can't be bothered to attempt to keep die hards engaged?  

Bjorn The Bear

Bjorn The Bear

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Supports:RBNY - Nets - USMNT

The FO can definitely assist. Has Thelwell commented on Davis? Plans for player acquisitions?  These are things that can even be put out with a scripted interview with wishy-washy answers .... doesn't even need to involve media. (Always better if it is independent media, of course.) However, we have silence. Silence a month after the other team won an MLS cup. Silence as training camp starts. How can they expect to fill a stadium if they can't be bothered to attempt to keep die hards engaged?  

c'mon man you know people are going to fill the stadium to see the great daniel edelman play 

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

being a journalist covering rbny is not a job no one is getting paid a living wage to cover the team its something people do as a hobby.

Yeah I think people need to be realistic on what your expectations are because everyone is doing the coverage as a hobby. Now the team should do more, I.e. a Lewis Morgan interview should be done by now since hes our biggest signing so far. The team doesnt help themselves by staying so quiet and when you arent paid to cover them, you cant go fighting wars for a hobby

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Yeah I think people need to be realistic on what your expectations are because everyone is doing the coverage as a hobby. Now the team should do more, I.e. a Lewis Morgan interview should be done by now since hes our biggest signing so far. The team doesnt help themselves by staying so quiet and when you arent paid to cover them, you cant go fighting wars for a hobby

if I asked to do a Lewis Morgan interview they would make it happen Im sure of it but also I dont have time

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

How can they expect to fill a stadium? 

They don't expect to fill the stadium,
only to announce inflated attendance figures.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

I hear this Cormac Dooley guy is supposed to be good.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

How can they expect to fill a stadium 

You really are adorable

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

Has Thelwell or Hamlett even commented on the captains departure yet?

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Has Thelwell or Hamlett even commented on the captains departure yet?

Nope. Other teams have already announced their preseason schedules and have had full on pressers from training. RBNY doesnt think thats necessary.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

Nope. Other teams have already announced their preseason schedules and have had full on pressers from training. RBNY doesnt think thats necessary.

Can't tip our hand!   

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

You really are adorable

And you have a fake-nihilistic contentedness with mediocrity that I guess is supposed to be cool? Outside of covid, RBA should be near full on any weekend, but I have friends who actually follow the team (and go to a couple games a year) and don't know the season starts in a month or that Sean Davis is off the team, or Morgan is here... 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

And you have a fake-nihilistic contentedness with mediocrity that I guess is supposed to be cool? Outside of covid, RBA should be near full on any weekend, but I have friends who actually follow the team (and go to a couple games a year) and don't know the season starts in a month or that Sean Davis is off the team, or Morgan is here... 

I've just been around the block a few times, and am amused by your naive dead horse beating.    We were complaining about the empty stadium (and all the reasons for it) before we had a stadium.   We were complaining about the empty stadium when we had Henry and would get 20,000 a game, because we were there when they talked about the new stadium being designed so it could be quickly and easily expanded to add another 5- 10K seats, and there was every expectation that we would have to have done that by now (instead, we cover 5 - 10k of seats with tarps).    I have no contentedness about it, I've just heard it all before many, many times for many, many years.    I'm sure you think you are putting some kind of fresh, current spin on it, but you're not.

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users