Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Bayern at +110 ... Let's go Bayern!!

I do not know how much you collected.
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=M7ac2OUy6Ss

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

regulator

regulator

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
Small $100 bet. But the next one I'll be sure to add another 0 to the end of that

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

I don't know if logistically they can work this out when things get back to normal, but I liked this format of playing the last few rounds over a 2 - 3 week window, at a neutral site with single elimination games.  For me, it had a little more of a big tournament feel.  The old way, they play a round and then the tournament disappears for a couple of weeks or a month until the next round, I think they just lose a little momentum.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

I don't know if logistically they can work this out when things get back to normal, but I liked this format of playing the last few rounds over a 2 - 3 week window, at a neutral site with single elimination games.  For me, it had a little more of a big tournament feel.  The old way, they play a round and then the tournament disappears for a couple of weeks or a month until the next round, I think they just lose a little momentum.

I agree in that I really enjoyed this expedited format, for some of the reasons you mentioned. However, unfortunately, I think there's a close to zero chance that it becomes the norm, solely because of money. 

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Totally agreed, but in two words, not happening. TV money, of course, but also logistical issues. https://theathletic....nockout-repeat?

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I liked it, but I think I was just happy to have CL back more than anything.  If there are still no fans next year, I agree with the single elimination at a neutral site, but I think I'd still like the 2 legs if we have fans back.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users