50 replies to this topic

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

my mom liked it, so that's good enough for me. 

OK, but did she post it on Metrofanatic?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Supports:METRO

When is this topic going to just die already?

When rb bows out and another corporation own the team. Then another one will start, or when people don't want to talk about it, you sure love to chime in on every occasion.

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT
I don't chime in that much so that's fake news as far as I'm concerned. Team is in the middle of a cup run, this video is poorly timed. Better now I guess then after the finals in case we win, then even the Metrostars boys will forgive Red Bull.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

in case we win, ... even the Metrostars boys will forgive Red Bull.

How would you know what others think?
Most original Metro fans are long gone.
Many left when Red Bull showed up.
Some remain, and suffer the RB presence.
A successful team not filling a small arena in a metro area with hundreds of thousands of soccer fans, may speak more about the general distaste for the RB brand, than it does for poor marketing.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

but your opinions have generally been either shit or mis-informed. that one about the SGs from some months ago, that was really fucking lame...lol 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I don't even understand the point of the video at this time. I'm sure it was started long ago but after the best regular season in MLS history and a solid playoffs so far we should all be drinking the red bull. The only one vitriolic is you of the team by the way. When is this topic going to just die already?

No, he really isn't.  The teeth gnashing is both predictable and at the same time hilarious from the soda crowd.  Always has been, always will be.  To the point we've got people calling Dave a fake fan and saying we don't deserve to celebrate a championship if we actually get one.

So yeah, pro-Red Bull crowd is as usual loud, misinformed and taking an overarching point about the commercialization of football identity and building strawmen attacks.   Never mind the fact that the one thing that forced change in this front office behavior was Red Bull Out...

#RedBullOut

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts

I don't chime in that much so that's fake news as far as I'm concerned. Team is in the middle of a cup run, this video is poorly timed. Better now I guess then after the finals in case we win, then even the Metrostars boys will forgive Red Bull.

I have a feeling you'd still chime in no matter when it was released.

#RedBullOut

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

I do appreciate people watching and giving feedback, even if a lot of it has been pretty vitriolic...

Meh, I don't think anyone, here at least, said anything negative about the host or that the piece wasn't shot well.  The complaints have all been that it doesn't tell the whole story (Metro has performed better since Red Bull took over, NY has been better since the supposed decrease in investment, youth development, etc.).  And, from the rest of your post, reading about what was cut, wouldn't you have the same issues?

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

No, he really isn't.  The teeth gnashing is both predictable and at the same time hilarious from the soda crowd.  Always has been, always will be.  To the point we've got people calling Dave a fake fan and saying we don't deserve to celebrate a championship if we actually get one.

So yeah, pro-Red Bull crowd is as usual loud, misinformed and taking an overarching point about the commercialization of football identity and building strawmen attacks.   Never mind the fact that the one thing that forced change in this front office behavior was Red Bull Out...

I'm not a "pro soda guy" or whatever. When I first started watching and heard about the Metrostars, I loved it. I wish it was still the Metrostars. This was not good journalism, it was a hit job - and for what? Not an anniversary year, team doesn't suck, Red Bull didn't do something horrendous. There's no reason for the video and it was nothing for than strange. Everyone here sucks someone's cooperate teet and you know it. Probably brag about your iPhone, how BBD makes the best headphones, how  PS4>360, or something. RB built the best arena, built the best academy, built the best training facilities. Metro did nothing and were not going to do anything. This video honestly had potential but totally missed the mark. Strange video, strange timing. 

vflkirwan

vflkirwan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts
  • Supports:Metro/VfL Wolfsburg und die US Boys

https://thesefootbal...lieve-it-to-be/

Timing of this article makes it seem like it is almost a rebuttal to the YouTube video, but it is well researched and written so I doubt that is truly the case.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

https://thesefootbal...lieve-it-to-be/
well researched and written

The biggest problem with RB is/was not new owners, but the re-branding of the franchises. I would rather see Red Bulls on the shirts than Bimbo, Herbalife or whatever Valspar or Leidos are.

ianuaditis

ianuaditis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Everton

The biggest problem with RB is/was not new owners, but the re-branding of the franchises. I would rather see Red Bulls on the shirts than Bimbo, Herbalife or whatever Valspar or Leidos are.

Completely agree, I could easily live with their record as owners (even including having done basically fuck all with DPs since Henry left,) if they hadn't renamed the team and patterned the kit after a fucking soda can.  What kind of megalomaniac shit is that anyway? We just think our brand is so great, it's not enough to be a soda, we have to be an entire 'sporting lifestyle.' 

I might have bought some Red Bull if they were just the sponsor, even though it sucks as a liquid crack energy drink, but instead I spend my days off in the grocery store, telling people who are buying Red Bull that it sucks and Monster is much stronger.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

What kind of megalomaniac shit is that anyway?

Megalomania is trending!
If you are going to go crazy, go megalomaniac!
If you are going to be a fanatic, be a Metrofanatic!

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
In the brickbat spirit of comments here,
I offer this give and take from the UK:
https://www.dailymai...itys-money.html
The article that inspired the mud fest:
https://www.dailymai...y-NOT-away.html

adam22

adam22

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts
Honestly, this is poor timing.

I donated to the RBOut campaigns. I own Metro merch. I get it. The intitial heritage push seemed forced but with that continued, the USL success, and the MLS success, criticism will fall on deaf ears.

The fact we cant sell out a 25k stadium for the playoffs after a regular season record is concerning. What I dont know is what is causing it. Brand? Staff? Both? Something else? No one here knows for sure, despite what you may read.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users