277 replies to this topic

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
  • Supports:Metro

GAM/Rza and Alessandrini with Kaku gone isn't going to guarantee a title though. Alessandrini is the guy you add last season -- the final piece to get the club over the hump. Not as a replacement.

Red Bull should be keeping Kaku AND making a multi-million DP splash this season if they want to win a championship.

I agree.  One out/one in isn't gonna get this team an MLS Cup.   

As for Kaku, the family issue is a legit one and I understand why he'd want to go if that's the case.  Sucks, but this is what happens in football.  Get what you can for him (I'm guessing about 8-8.5) and move on.  Don't let this drag on for the rest of the January window.  Cut bait now, go get your replacement.  Having an unhappy player under contract helps no one.

#RedBullOut

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

i'd prefer they squeeze more $$ out of CA or any other suitor. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Kaku needs to put on his big boy pants and play to the best of his ability even if he doesn't get sold.

He signed a contract that he was happy for. He can't expect clubs to splash $6M to get his services and then to just give him away at a moment's notice if he thinks the cash is greener somewhere else.

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Kaku needs to put on his big boy pants and play to the best of his ability even if he doesn't get sold.

But will he? Having an unhappy player of his stature in the locker room helps no one. 

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

But will he? Having an unhappy player of his stature in the locker room helps no one. 

Its not ideal, but its not exactly a smart career move for Kaku to phone it in either. We're tossing out hypothetical locker room issues, holding out would only prove to other teams that he's difficult.

By all accounts that's not the kind of guy Kaku is, and he showed up to Day 1 of preseason. Even if he prefers the move to Mexico, it doesn't seem like he's going to be a diva about it.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

He wins us CCL and has a great Copa America, sell him for $15m minumum in late July. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

All his tweeting about leaving/liking stuff is really starting to get on my nerves. Kind of disrespectful to our team and fans IMO. It's one thing to want to leave. It's another thing to be this open about it. We just broke the bank to acquire him, make him our #10, and now he wants to leave after 1 season to go to a club that is only a small step up from us. The least he could do it show some class and be professional about it. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,584 posts

He wins us CCL and has a great Copa America, sell him for $15m minumum in late July. 

This

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

rzrhtr

rzrhtr

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

All his tweeting about leaving/liking stuff is really starting to get on my nerves. Kind of disrespectful to our team and fans IMO. It's one thing to want to leave. It's another thing to be this open about it. We just broke the bank to acquire him, make him our #10, and now he wants to leave after 1 season to go to a club that is only a small step up from us. The least he could do it show some class and be professional about it. 

If the guy really wants to move because his family can't get visas, I can't find it within myself to hold something as inconsequential as some liked tweets against him -- especially since he's in camp, practicing with the team.

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

All these rumors (and Kaku's social media) are making it much easier for me to remember how much his production dropped off in the last three months of the season.  I am not saying I want to get rid of him, but this is all making it easier for me to think him more negatively. 

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
So the club looks like they are going to dump their marquee signing from last season less than a month before CCL starts.

The only other outfield player they seemed to be linked to is that no-name Belgian guy.

Letting Kaku go means they need to make two big DP splashes instead of just one...what the fuck are they doing? How can anyone think the club improved this off-season barring something huge unfolds over the next couple weeks?

CurbYourNewUrbanism

CurbYourNewUrbanism

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Arsenal

When has he tweeted about leaving?

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

So the club looks like they are going to dump their marquee signing from last season less than a month before CCL starts.

The only other outfield player they seemed to be linked to is that no-name Dutch guy.

Letting Kaku go means they need to make two big DP splashes instead of just one...what the fuck are they doing? How can anyone think the club improved this off-season barring something huge unfolds over the next couple weeks?

And you know all of this how?

Other clubs inquire about players on other teams all of the time. That CA might have an interest and might have made a bid doesn't mean we are looking to "dump him". 

This club has always done a good job at keeping their mouth shut about what they are doing. They may be behind the curve and they may not. We don't really know.

Going into splenetic panic mode will have no influence on anything but shortening your lifespan with undue stress.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

And you know all of this how?

Other clubs inquire about players on other teams all of the time. That CA might have an interest and might have made a bid doesn't mean we are looking to "dump him". 

This club has always done a good job at keeping their mouth shut about what they are doing. They may be behind the curve and they may not. We don't really know.

Going into splenetic panic mode will have no influence on anything but shortening your lifespan with undue stress.

Red Bull haven't come out and said he isn't for sale, reports keep coming up about the bids being made behind the scenes, like this:

http://www.espn.com....ta/_/id/5201521

And Kaku keeps tweeting cryptic stuff. All signs point to him going.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,800 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Red Bull haven't come out and said he isn't for sale, reports keep coming up about the bids being made behind the scenes, like this:

http://www.espn.com....ta/_/id/5201521

And Kaku keeps tweeting cryptic stuff. All signs point to him going.

except the fact that he is training fully with the team and very happily by all reports.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users