#1 Qamle

Qamle

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts
  • Supports:LA

Posted 22 February 2007 - 03:16 PM

Twigg asked an interesting question and I thought we could expand this topic to any changes you'd like to see in the MLS.

Single Table? Promotion relegation? Removing the salary cap? Get all of your BigSoccer aggression out here.

One of my big ones was getting sponsors on the front of their jerseys, which obviously is slowly coming to fruition. If the G's can score that $45million dollar deal that's a pretty big deal.

I'd really love to see us get pushed into one table with the winner in the regular season becoming the MLS champion. After the season, the top 8 teams move into an elimination tourney (playoffs) and the winner be crowned League Cup Champions. This way the single table people get their winner and the playoffs pepole get theirs.

#2 RobertTheBruce

RobertTheBruce

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,432 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy dickheads! Arsenal

Posted 22 February 2007 - 03:22 PM

Shrink the goalkeeper pads.

#3 twigg

twigg

whiskey - fueled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,041 posts
  • Interests:The game. It's history, it's personalities, it's rivalries.
  • Supports:Liverpool, Eintracht, Distillery

Posted 22 February 2007 - 03:45 PM

Anything goes?

I want a young, healthy (relatively) George Best to play for the Galaxy...and buy back The Underground.
Coimhead fearg fhear na foighde. Beware the anger of a patient man, - Gaelic Proverb

Sam's Club

#4 stagnant1

stagnant1

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 04:08 PM

Anything goes?

I want a young, healthy (relatively) George Best to play for the Galaxy...and buy back The Underground.

I second that motion...

#5 Qamle

Qamle

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 04:10 PM

Anything goes?

For shits and giggles I'd like the Galaxy to get a Cantona mascot who picks a fan randomly every game to jump kick in the chest.

#6 cesar

cesar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,146 posts
  • Supports:Women

Posted 22 February 2007 - 04:33 PM

educating the FO. I want futbol knowledgeable suits. fuck those business types that want to Americanize futbol.

allow flares, tear seats so we can have standing only terraces. allow people to say FUCK in the stands without anyone coming up to you and acting like their are your dad.

have sections designated for away fans only. i dont want to see a stupid piece of shit fan from another team 3 feet away from me.

#7 Qamle

Qamle

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 04:40 PM

MLS should embrace some of the bad blood that goes on in the league. Last year in the playoffs there were two fights on the same night and I distinctively remember watching some MLS review and there was no mention of the fight at all.

I know we have to be all 'family' these days, but sports fans want to see shit like this every now and then it's exciting as long as it's within reason.

spoken like a true Chivas fan, eh? :lol:

#8 Ed The Zombie

Ed The Zombie

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,690 posts
  • Supports:G's, Club America, WFC, USA

Posted 22 February 2007 - 05:09 PM

1) Single table

2) Relegation (maybe incorporate the USL as the lower division)

3) Less of a family happy-go-lucky experience and more of a competitive knowledgeable fan basis
Fuimos. Bebimos. Chingamos.

#9 jamesey

jamesey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,991 posts
  • Supports:LA/USA

Posted 22 February 2007 - 05:27 PM

some sort of dribbling shootout to settle draws
10 minutes of overtime if there is a draw
the game should end as soon as the clock hits 90:00
3 conferences

...ooooh ooooooooh we are the riot squad...

#10 ucsdguy

ucsdguy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,773 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Tottenham hotspur

Posted 22 February 2007 - 05:53 PM

Sign Sean Burke and put him in net.

If a referee determines a player has dived, an opposing player gets a free Reaux Sham Beaux to his groin. If it is later determined by video evidence that the referee was wrong, that player can then do the same to him.

Halftime shows should consist only of dueling pirate ships.

Rather than penalty kicks, play 5 minute overtimes until someone scores. But after each scoreless 5 minutes, take 1 player from each team off the field.

Cupholders on the back of all stadium seats/benches for the row behind. Amazing how many drink spills this prevents.

#11 S.Bones

S.Bones

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,713 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, USMNT, Foggia

Posted 22 February 2007 - 06:16 PM

I would love to have relegation/promotion and a meaningful continental cup competition. I'd also like to be better looking, have more money and be smarter. And a pony.

The only thing off the standard list that I would want is an expansion of the salary cap, but with the money going to the bottom of the roster first. Anyone who is a professional ought to be able to make a full-time salary. After that is done, I'd obviously like to see the cap expand further and for the allocation rules to relax a bit, but that's it.

My guess is that Europe may be moving more in our direction rather than the other way around in the coming year. (FourFourTwo suggested as much last year) I don't want to support a league in which only a few teams will ever have a chance to win.

I don't think promotion/relegation will happen until soccer in the US is strong enough to support two levels of football that both have TV contracts. And I'm not sure that that's the best outcome.

Instead, I'd like to see MLS expand beyond the 20 team limit to 24-32 teams evenly distributed around the country. The league would be divided into two leagues with limited interleague play like baseball (and to a lesser extent, the NBA). The United States is really too big for a single league. The longest trip in England is shorter than the shortest trip the Galaxy will make this year.

I don't think our weather in places like Chicago will allow us to get on the same calendar with the rest of the world, but I would like to see MLS shut down for 4-6 weeks in the summer. This time could be used for international tournaments and in off years our teams could join pre-season Euro squads in small friendly tournaments.

All that, and get rid of the restrictor plates

#12 jamesey

jamesey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,991 posts
  • Supports:LA/USA

Posted 22 February 2007 - 06:19 PM

Seriously, I would love for a LARS Youth to start for the Galaxy and do the leap into 138 to celebrate a game winning goal in MLS Cup.

...ooooh ooooooooh we are the riot squad...

#13 dhines

dhines

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,053 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, USMNT, Cruz Azul, USC

Posted 22 February 2007 - 06:21 PM

Shotgun blasts to the chests of pricks throwing flares in the stands.

#14 CALEXICO

CALEXICO

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts
  • Interests:Soccer. Fencing. Music. Film. Communication Theory.
  • Supports:LOS ANGELES GALAXY

Posted 22 February 2007 - 08:24 PM

3 more pro teams in LA. 1 MLS, 1 USL1 and 1 USL2

#15 Morgoth

Morgoth

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts
  • Supports:B&G FC

Posted 22 February 2007 - 08:56 PM

a season in line with countries south of us
)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))+++++++++
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
++++++++++++))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users