• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts
  • Supports:USMNT

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:30 PM

Analyze away....

http://www.ussoccer....ining-Camp.aspx

Twitter

Dodgers, Lakers, Raiders, Galaxy, LA Kings, ASU, Notre Dame(football)

#2 AnthonyNHB

AnthonyNHB

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:31 PM

So you don't have to click the link:

GOALKEEPERS (3): Brad Guzan (Aston Villa - 5/3 SO), Sean Johnson (Chicago Fire – 0/0), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake – 0/0)

DEFENDERS (6): Tony Beltran (Real Salt Lake – 0/0), Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City – 0/0), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City – 6/0), Omar Gonzalez (LA Galaxy – 1/0), Clarence Goodson (Brondby – 5/0), Justin Morrow (San Jose Earthquakes – 0/0)

MIDFIELDERS (9): DaMarcus Beasley (Puebla – 26/6), Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake – 2/0), Michael Bradley (Roma – 20/5), Joe Corona (Club Tijuana – 1/0), Maurice Edu (Bursaspor – 10/0), Jermaine Jones (Schalke 04 – 6/0), Sacha Kljestan (Anderlecht – 13/0), Brek Shea (Stoke City – 2/0), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City – 4/0)

FORWARDS (5): Jozy Altidore (AZ Alkmaar – 18/6), Terrence Boyd (Rapid Vienna – 2/0), Clint Dempsey (Tottenham Hotspur – 27/11), Herculez Gomez (Santos – 6/2), Eddie Johnson (Seattle Sounders FC – 12/10)

Way too many injuries.  Boca didn’t even get called up (not like he is getting 1st team minutes anyway).  I suspect we will see Omar and Goodson in the center of defense.  Don’t know about the outside backs though.  Cameron plays outside for Stoke, doesn’t he?  Cherundolo can’t get healthy soon enough.

I don’t get calling in Beasley.  I thought he has played himself off the national team too many times already.  I realize we are very thin in a lot of positions, but I am not hopeful of this roster at all.

A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

Twitter: BigTony_42

#3 LOBO 13

LOBO 13

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Interests:Stuff
  • Supports:Creepers In Cardigans Soccer Club

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:34 PM

No time better than the present for bringing forth the new era of centerbacks I suppose.

I just hope it's not Goodson that is being relied upon for the "veteran presence" in central defense...

Jurgen should just really go all out with the "fuck it" move and throw a 3-5-2 on the field...

---- Jozy - Herc--

Shea-Bradley-Zusi

--- Jones- Edu---

Belser-Omar--Cam

-------- Guzan --

If you're not creepin', you're not trying...

#4 fredo9

fredo9

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts
  • Interests:The Beautiful Game & Ugly Tales
  • Supports:GALAXY!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:54 PM

Jurgen should just really go all out with the "fuck it" move and throw a 3-5-2 on the field...

---- Jozy - Herc--
Shea-Bradley-Zusi
--- Jones- Edu---
Belser-Omar--Cam
-------- Guzan --

I'd start Duece. Is he carrying a knock?

"That's life." -Bruce Arena

"There's no easy games in The MLS." -Robbie Keane

See You Later, My Friend!

#5 LOBO 13

LOBO 13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:09 PM

I'd start Duece. Is he carrying a knock?

Yeah, I think I read that somewhere.

If not, I'd start him along side Jozy as well.

Herc off the bench is a nice option..

#6 Cristobal Guillermo

Cristobal Guillermo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,817 posts
  • Supports:GaLAxy, USWNT, Reign, Tacoma Stars

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:03 PM

Ah.  So no Omar for the Gs Saturday.  I assume that means lots o' Leonardo.

Proud "been a fan since '96" douchenozzle

Cogito me cogitare, ergo cogito me esse. Et futuito istam pullam!

http://www.nybooks.c.../15/our-moloch/

#7 AnthonyNHB

AnthonyNHB

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:45 PM

I'd prefer to see Herc up top with Dempsey.  Jozy is just too lazy on the field.  Herc always shows a hell of lot more energy.

A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

Twitter: BigTony_42

#8 fredo9

fredo9

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:09 PM

I'd prefer to see Herc up top with Dempsey.

Me too.

The list of available defenders is disconcerting. I actually miss the Germericans.

I still don't see defensive bite, creativity, string pulling, a boss, a generale, a Makalele or what ever else others see in Bradley. And I've gone out of my way to see him play for Roma, Chievo, Aston Villa, Monchengladbach. wherever. I hope he changes my mind on Friday.

We need more Chicanos.

#9 S.Bones

S.Bones

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,713 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, USMNT, Foggia

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:22 PM

We need more Chicanos.

Unfortunately, very few Chicanos have German mothers.

One friend of mine had a German father and a Mexican mother.  When my friend was seven, his Dad angrily went through the groceries, and found a can of milk that he had not authorized his wife to purchase.  He threw the can at her, narrowly missing her head, and then stormed out the door, never to be seen again.

So I'm not sure that combination is going to work out.

I think what Fredo is saying without saying it and maybe not meaning to say it is that we still don't have a defined national playing style.  I suspect Klinsmann's wholesale use of Germericans is a way to speed up that process, and to bring in the style of play he brought to Germany.

But I'm disappointed that at this point in our national soccer development, we are still looking for someone, anyone, to fill some of the spots on the field.  And to think that since I first switched on to soccer in '98, after each four year cycle I would say, "Next time, we'll really handle those guys in Azteca".  I guess this gives me something to forward to in 2017 besides my daughters graduation from college.

Can someone help talk me off the ledge, and tell me that Costa Rica isn't very good and that we're likely to take all three points in Colorado so it won't matter all that much if we get clowned in Azteca?

#10 galaxyfan03

galaxyfan03

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,005 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, NCAA football (GO, BLUE), Asian Culture. Korean dramas, movies, music, politics.
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, USA, Colombia

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:34 PM

SHOCKED...that Boca was left off  :o  I know his PT in Spain has become non-existent but thought JK would still call him in. Also shocked, pleasantly, that Beasley is back...not crazy about Kljestan or Jones but not surprised they're included & not crazy about Torres and Gatt being left out!

What I'd like to see...but know I won't:  <_<

---------------------Guzan----------------------

Beltran-----Omar------Cameron---Morrow

----------------------Edu------------------------

--Zusi-------------------------------Beasley--

--------------------Bradley---------------------

------------Herc--------------Jozy-------------

Subs: Goodson, Corona, Dempsey

Don't start Deuce because of his calf injury & think he would give us energy in the second half and would start Beasley over Shea because of form...from what I've read.

Going to the game & believe we'll get the job done...can't wait to see DSG Park! It'll be my 1st visit ever to Denver, 1st WCQ since June/2008 v Barbados at HDC & 1st Hex WCQ since Sept/2005 v Mexico in C-bus!

Hope to see LARS members there...C'MON, USA :)  

L.A. Galaxy - 4-Time & Back-to-Back MLS Cup Champions!!

Brady Hoke - returning U-M to glory...Go, Blue!

USA Soccer - Don't Tread On Us!

Colombia - returning to the World Cup after 16-year hiatus!

#11 fredo9

fredo9

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:02 AM

But I'm disappointed that at this point in our national soccer development, we are still looking for someone, anyone, to fill some of the spots on the field.

Yes.

#12 romero03

romero03

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts
  • Supports:USMNT

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:43 AM

— Klinsmann and chief assistant Martin Vasquez either lack the tactical acumen and game-day chops to successfully lead the team or fail to communicate their wishes effectively.
Another source said the players are “overtrained and undercoached.”

“Things are boiling over,” a source said. “The feeling now is that this is (Klinsmann’s) last chance against Costa Rica.”

READ....
Friendly fire: U.S. coach Jurgen Klinsmann’s methods, leadership, acumen in question
Twitter

Dodgers, Lakers, Raiders, Galaxy, LA Kings, ASU, Notre Dame(football)

#13 LOBO 13

LOBO 13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:02 PM

Ha!  I've called this from the get go...

I could out coach Vasquez.... and that's not saying much.

Normally Boca, LD, Bradley and Dempsey figure shit out on the field... with only two of the four on the roster, some of the newbies are going to have to step up..

#14 fredo9

fredo9

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:33 PM

No boasting. This is serious.

You are undefeated as a manager.

Kyle Beckerman to the rescue?

#15 galaxyfan03

galaxyfan03

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,005 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, NCAA football (GO, BLUE), Asian Culture. Korean dramas, movies, music, politics.
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, USA, Colombia

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:28 PM

HELLUVA time for this shit to come out  <_<

As someone who 120% supported JK's hire, I'm starting to wonder if I should've listened to the claims by Joachim Low & others about JK's training methods. The way Boca was treated...playing time or not in Spain...doesn't please me and, worse yet, is the apparent team-wide discontent with the situation. Reminds me of what happened to France in South Africa...not that the same melt-down would happen to us, hopefully. I do believe that JK is 110% right in changing the American soccer culture & needs time to do so...but, also, have had serious concerns about his selections & reliance on calling in German-Americans  :mellow:

Not sure, if I'm ready to give up on JK but, if the unthinkable happens...0-1 point from CR & Mexico...does Gulati make the decision & "save" the WCQ cycle? A lot may depend on the team's psyche, pre-Friday & post-Tuesday...and, since I plan to be in Denver on Thursday nite, it makes the pre-game pep rally with JK & the team all the more intriguing & can't-miss opportunity. Though, I doubt they would allow themselves to display ANY possible discontent with the situation.

If this is JK's "last stand"...much as you guys might not want to think about it...I'd say the only choice to take over is our own Bruce Arena! But, let's not cross that bridge until we come to it...if we do & hopefully, we won't!! 

L.A. Galaxy - 4-Time & Back-to-Back MLS Cup Champions!!

Brady Hoke - returning U-M to glory...Go, Blue!

USA Soccer - Don't Tread On Us!

Colombia - returning to the World Cup after 16-year hiatus!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users