19 replies to this topic

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
  • Supports:Metro

And WHO exactly decided that we play this insane system?

A system that does not allow for veterans to be on the team?

A system that doesnt allow a LOT of good players to be on the team because they arent the RIGHT FIT?

Pro players want to fight. They want to win. They want to run through walls. Some more than others and Davis was definitely in the some category and not the others category.

If he fucking left because one of the factors is that the system doesnt work for a guy who will RUN THROUGH WALLS then its pretty clear the system is a load of fucking garbage which is something Ive been saying for years.

Players win championships. Not systems. Where the fuck are all the players that are going to win us a cup? Oh yeah. We dont sign them. Or they dont want to come here. Or they want to leave here.

their is a difference between it working for him and being viable 3 years down the line and where his body will be after 3 years

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

their is a difference between it working for him and being viable 3 years down the line and where his body will be after 3 years

There is. I agree.

DITCH THE SYSTEM MENTALITY.

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

There is. I agree.

DITCH THE SYSTEM MENTALITY.

they arent so better learn to accept or you will be mad online forever. This is how Red Bull handles almost all of their sports properties they invest in young up and comers.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

they arent so better learn to accept or you will be mad online forever. This is how Red Bull handles almost all of their sports properties they invest in young up and comers.

My friend Im not mad.

Im at peace because Ive realized how fucked we are under this Owner and that will not be changing for a long time. My expectations are so low I feel absolutely nothing when we lose.

So no. Im not mad.

I AM flabbergasted at how people still come to Red Bulls defense.

The benefit of the doubt is earned. It isnt given.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

And WHO exactly decided that we play this insane system?

A system that does not allow for veterans to be on the team?

A system that doesnt allow a LOT of good players to be on the team because they arent the RIGHT FIT?

Pro players want to fight. They want to win. They want to run through walls. Some more than others and Davis was definitely in the some category and not the others category.

If he fucking left because one of the factors is that the system doesnt work for a guy who will RUN THROUGH WALLS then its pretty clear the system is a load of fucking garbage which is something Ive been saying for years.

Players win championships. Not systems. Where the fuck are all the players that are going to win us a cup? Oh yeah. We dont sign them. Or they dont want to come here. Or they want to leave here.

I wasnt defending the system. You were invalidating the idea that Davis left bc he had to run in this system. The system is a different argument.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

My friend Im not mad.

Koko lol 95% of your posts are expletive-laden rants falling just short of accusing Red Bull of war crimes. Based on this board you might be the single angriest sports fan I've ever encountered, and the rest of the group here is good competition!

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

My friend Im not mad.

Im at peace because Ive realized how fucked we are under this Owner and that will not be changing for a long time. My expectations are so low I feel absolutely nothing when we lose.

So no. Im not mad.

There are a lot of shills and apologists but there are also people who fall in between and understand and accept the realities of the situation.

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

My friend Im not mad.

So no. Im not mad.

I mean we can go back to Anchutz and metro media where we win nothing. Love them or hate them The Red Bull group has given this franchise more than any other owner

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

There are a lot of shills and apologists but there are also people who fall in between and understand and accept the realities of the situation.

Yeah I think you're only allowed to mock people drinking the kool-aid if you're not at the complete opposite end of the spectrum and openly looking for ways to make a catastrophe out of every single thing. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

I mean we can go back to Anchutz and metro media where we win nothing. Love them or hate them The Red Bull group has given this franchise more than any other owner

Agree with this . People seem to think metro stars were some organic panacea but ignore the reality of 10 years failure when the league was 10-12 teams even with big stars.
Appreciate the stadium, success shields, henry (and me of course) Think Red Bull could have done more especially in key seasons where 1 extra attacker could have put us over the top. Also they do not look so special over the last 5 -7 years.
Dont get me wrong I like going to the stadium and seeing great record.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

Is anyone acting like Metro ownership was great? Kludge and Subotnick were absentee shit, and AEG was a caretaker who just wanted to was the hands as fast as possible. The team's management was pretty terrible as well, on and off the field.

But it's not Kluge/Subotnick vs AEG vs Red Bull. It's Red Bull vs 25 other owners out there, a vast majority of whom is more ambitious than they are, on and off the field.

But this is headed for Dead Horse.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Based on this board you might be the single angriest sports fan I've ever encountered, and the rest of the group here is good competition!

Paging Mr. Fina! Thomas Fina to the courtesy phone!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

Red Bull Outers: Want ownership like LAFC, Portland, SKC, etc.

Team Shoulder Shrug: What do you want, to go back to MetroMedia??

Come on son. Dream about the third era of this club with me...

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

Is anyone acting like Metro ownership was great? Kludge and Subotnick were absentee shit, and AEG was a caretaker who just wanted to was the hands as fast as possible. The team's management was pretty terrible as well, on and off the field.

But it's not Kluge/Subotnick vs AEG vs Red Bull. It's Red Bull vs 25 other owners out there, a vast majority of whom is more ambitious than they are, on and off the field.

But this is headed for Dead Horse.

I agree they are less ambitious than most of the owners out there.  

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
I don't hate Red Bull as owners.

I hate the CURRENT leadership in both NY and Red Bull Global (as do most fans, players, former employees, almost all credible media).

This ownership got Red Bull Arena across the goal line, built tons of grassroots programs, brought in players like Henry, Cahill, Marquez (despite being garbage), Reyna, Kljestan, etc...

The current front office and lack of willingness to spend on a known commodity that would help compete for the Cup because "that's not our style" group-think from them is just sad.

The apologist fans that think the team does no wrong (despite barely getting into the playoffs the past few years) and then say 'all these fans complaining aren't true fans and should just leave if they are so miserable' is just as sad. Have you seen Red Bull Arena? Place is a ghost town now even before the pandemic. The ones sticking around are those that just go with the flow or people that stuck around for 25+ years and are complaining because we are old and cranky from watching this mess and just want to win a damn Cup.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users