122 replies to this topic

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

FWIW, as over-rated as possession numbers can be, and say what you want about Davis, our possession falls apart without him.   And since we have no attacking punch, possession matters to us.  Yearwood should fix that once he gets acclimated, but Casseres is not a strong possession guy.  I haven't looked at his passing numbers,  but I doubt they are good.  

Even without being acclimated Yearwood and Valot covered the position as good as Davis did if not better. Having 5 defenders and 2 strikers, not letting a guy say like Mines create and instead having Nealis defend I suspect is what's causing lack of possession in midfield rather than replacing Davis with equal or superior player in Yearwood.

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT

Even without being acclimated Yearwood and Valot covered the position as good as Davis did if not better. Having 5 defenders and 2 strikers, not letting a guy say like Mines create and instead having Nealis defend I suspect is what's causing lack of possession in midfield rather than replacing Davis with equal or superior player in Yearwood.

The weak link in the MF these days is unquestionably Cassares, who is a verifiable turnover machine.  Our possession numbers suffer because of his penchant for passing the ball to the other team. 

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

The weak link in the MF these days is unquestionably Cassares, who is a verifiable turnover machine.  Our possession numbers suffer because of his penchant for passing the ball to the other team. 

Sadly, CCJ regressed after showing a lot of potential. I am hoping without Armas he will start improving again, but really feel like we need a completely new coach, not Armas' assistant, to really move things forward on multiple fronts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users