75 replies to this topic

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

but zero benefit from an mls perspective between 3 mil and 10 mil the gam is the same and thats the only thing that matters in this situation

The extra $7M could be used on new transfer fees, better facilities, better staff. No MLS team is transparent enough for fans to be sure of where the money goes, but Red Bull will always raise a few extra eyebrows given the ownership structure and the disparity in investment across their teams

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

The extra $7M could be used on new transfer fees, better facilities, better staff. No MLS team is transparent enough for fans to be sure of where the money goes, but Red Bull will always raise a few extra eyebrows given the ownership structure and the disparity in investment across their teams

The extra $7 million would just be going from one Red Bull pocket to another Red Bull pocket.  By getting Clark at a discount, they are basically saving the difference between what Clark go for on the open market.  A penny saved is a penny earned after all.

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

I'm glad we exist to help the teams that our ownership can remember they own.

I think we have to see what Adam's is going to be sold for. I am ok with maxing out on gam in a transfer to liepzig and then have a high transfer clause.

If Adam's gets sold for 70m, we would make more money then if rbny kept him in mls

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

The great Harlem Knight had the best observation on RB FB: The strategy should be finding guys who are really good MLS level players who are going to top out at this level so they will be here long term.

Like Tim Park...oh.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Like Tim Park...oh.

i think tim park was overpaid for what he brought to the table. he was paid like a borderline NT member when in reality he was an avg MLS defender. the trade was a good deal. 

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Yeah, we are on the league's shit list after this for depressing transfer fees but MLS is known for integrity and would never orchestrate some sort of fucking of our team either on or off the pitch.

we arent really depressing the value that much he has played 200 mls minutes

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

And Red Bull can just put an extra 7 mil in the budget

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull

So was I, when I made my initial comment.

My point was more along the lines that RBNY will most likely not put a fee of any amount to good use.

On this we agree

And by we, I did mean the NY fussball branch of Red Bull Global aka the TFKAM.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

we arent really depressing the value that much he has played 200 mls minutes

Yeah, Clark and Adams might seem like hush hush RBL-friendly transfers, but even that's a bit speculative.

MAYBE we would not accept similar bids for Adams and Clark from a non-RB club (hard to say definitively), but basically there's no way a higher or even equal bid was/is on the table from another club and we're still selling to RBL. The other club would certainly make a stink about a scenario like that if it happened.

We get funny money and good prospects' early years that we might not otherwise get. It could be worse.

ig101

ig101

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,423 posts

Any of you remember when we beat the shit out of Juventus on opening day of RBA?  

Pepperidge farm remembers...

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

Any of you remember when we beat the shit out of Juventus on opening day of RBA?  

Pepperidge farm remembers...

Probably not because that was Santos.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

that was Santos.

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=4Xd5cbO4rl0

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=4Xd5cbO4rl0

Battling insomnia too? I go into work in 3 hours.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

Santos with Neymar too....

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

Juventus was beaten a little later that year: http://www.metrofana...ory.jsp?ID=5410

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users