• Please log in to reply
594 replies to this topic

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,451 posts

So a poster on here is warning that you can get coronavirus from water (particularly dipping your foot into a stream), which is a complete lie.

The facts: https://www.epa.gov/...-and-wastewater

I point out that it's false, yet my post gets moved and his lie remains? What kind of moderating logic is that? If you want me to keep my political ranting in the other forum I will, but you have to do the same for everyone else.

tin foil hats protect from coronavirus (along with social D, mask, and gloves)

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Could a policy of allowing businesses to reopen with mandatory wearing of masks for both workers and patrons be a possibility (and I am not talking pro sports events and things with large crowds

Wearing a mask doesnt stop all the particles (unless youre talking about an N95 which is much much better).

Also the virus can enter through the eyes.

Masks offer some protection but not total.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,933 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah

but what I'm saying is said with absolute confidence, while what you're saying is based on experience. so what I say counts more. #sarcasm

keep up the good work, Milo. be safe.

ty doing my best
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,584 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

Wearing a mask doesnt stop all the particles (unless youre talking about an N95 which is much much better).

Also the virus can enter through the eyes.

Masks offer some protection but not total.

The thing is would it give enough protection to allow people to at least return to work? This is important for me personally for more than financial reasons: years ago I was over 350 pounds and one of the reasons I am 100 pounds lighter today is because of both travel and work. Going into Kohl's a few times a week helped me tremendously not only with my physical health but also with my mental health by giving me a sense of purpose. Being in my apartment all day is terrible for both my physical and mental health, and I am afraid of ballooning back up in weight to where it brings on health complications. I am not naive enough to not understand why these measures were taken but also feel there needs to be some way to get people back to work because if I don't succumb to the virus but then die of a heart attack I'd still end up dead. I'm not arguing to say "fuck it" and get rid of all restrictions, just saying a way needs to be found to allow as many people as possible to get back to work.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,933 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah

Two question I'd like to ask:

1) I have heard that the worst thing about this virus now appears to be that touching surfaces isn't the easiest way it spreads, merely talking spreads it as airborne. Is that correct? If that is correct could a policy of allowing businesses to reopen with mandatory wearing of masks for both workers and patrons be a possibility (and I am not talking pro sports events and things with large crowds)?

2) I have heard that the biggest problem with the tests at this time is that while there are very few false positives there are a large number of false negatives. Can you explain why that is and how far away we are from a test that is reliable on both ends?

1) so it is at this point we take droplet precautions.. Meaning the virus can be transmitted my coming in contact with body fluid of the patient..

This virus in particular has the ability to make down into the lungs causing viral pneumonia... It can be transmitted through the air if there is enough pressure to carry it meaning if a person coughs sneezes or is receiving a breathing treatment such as a nebulizer treatment or oxygen on non reabreather or being ventilated with a bag valve mask...
People do not realize how much they touch their face and how poor their hand hygiene is... The safest measure is quarantine. N95s and n99s are the best measures we have other than PAPR in Tyvek bodysuits..

So stay home guys...

2)the thing that is creating false negative is mostly poor collecting of samples meaning not getting enough of a sample because they didn't go to the right place and or long enough to get a good sample. Also a cause of a false negative is that the patient could be at a stage in the infection process called the incubation period. Which means they've been exposed and carry it but it hasn't infected them yet... Think of it as the virus is in them but has multipled itself enough to affect the body or to be secreted in their nasopharyngeal region for collecting...
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

uptownbull

uptownbull

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts
  • Supports:metro, barca, usa

Nasoferengi? Those guys are the worst.

Safecracker_Nog_Head.png

Sorry, just a little trek humor to get us through these tribbling times. Phasers set to pun (I'll show myself out).

RED. BULL. OUT.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,451 posts

The thing is would it give enough protection to allow people to at least return to work? This is important for me personally for more than financial reasons: years ago I was over 350 pounds and one of the reasons I am 100 pounds lighter today is because of both travel and work. Going into Kohl's a few times a week helped me tremendously not only with my physical health but also with my mental health by giving me a sense of purpose. Being in my apartment all day is terrible for both my physical and mental health, and I am afraid of ballooning back up in weight to where it brings on health complications. I am not naive enough to not understand why these measures were taken but also feel there needs to be some way to get people back to work because if I don't succumb to the virus but then die of a heart attack I'd still end up dead. I'm not arguing to say "fuck it" and get rid of all restrictions, just saying a way needs to be found to allow as many people as possible to get back to work.

dude please take care of yourself.  

Happy to share suggestions via PM if interested.  Take care either way.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 814 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

dude please take care of yourself.  
Happy to share suggestions via PM if interested.  Take care either way.

Amen....we all in this together. Being cooped up is not ideal....but also being a jackass walking around like you God is not ideal too. Stay strong everyone!

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Im not an expert. I know one guy involved in all this at a pretty high level. My limited knowledge and opinions are based on the many conversations Ive had with him.

My opinion is that we need much much MUCH better testing before any sort of relaunch of the economy is possible. So that If/when cases flare up we can isolate them quickly. Even if everyone wore masks to work it wouldnt stop the virus completely. We need to pretty much destroy it and make sure it stays the fuck out of our country.

As to your personal question all I can say is I hear ya. Ive been a type 1 diabetic since I was a small boy. My entire life has been centered around exercise, nutrition and keeping my friggin sanity in order to buy myself a few more years past my statistical end date. I do know that weight loss/gain has WAY more to do with diet than it does exercise. If you can somehow keep to healthy food you will be fine. I know its hard. All I want to do is eat burgers and fries and wash it down with a vodka right now. But I know where that will lead. To help with the mental side I picked up a guitar. I know a lot of other people who have done something similar (free online courses, hobbies, etc) just to keep their minds occupied.

If you want to discuss further please let me know. Happy to help if I can.

MTF

MTF

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts
All this back and forth is exhausting. Regardless of how transmissible the virus is or how many will die from it, the bottom line for this group is MLS is suspended and will not likely start up before May 15. If we are that fortunate, teams can be playing games in empty stadiums by June, after a few weeks of team practices. Personally, I will be ecstatic if theres soccer for July-August.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users