jamison

jamison

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York

I gotcha, thanks.

Use a perspective that is not our's though.  One of the biggest stars in that part of the world, who scored the best goal of the World Cup and is killing it in the Asian Cup......is going to Asia.  I'm sure that's a pretty special move from an Asian perspective.  Don't you think?

Yeah, my point was that he said something to the effect of "my next move will really have a lot of people talking". It made it sound like he was buying a club & playing for it or something. One guy over 30 moving to UAE isn't a "game changer" for world football, is all. 

I have no problem with him going to the UAE, just don't blow smoke that it's quality soccer. It's just not a very good league. If an Asian Confed guy wants to play in Asia, all for it, have no problems there. But, if I were him, I'd be playing in J-League or someplace a bit better than the UAE. He's got a family to think about, if that's where he wants to be & gets paid more to be there than here, whatevs, it's his life not mine. Just, he shouldn't be a toolbag about the move meaning something more than it does. 

I am just glad he is going. The joyfulness is over, time to move on. 

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Isn't RBNY the only team that Cahill has ever won a trophy with?  You'd think he'd care a little more.

Elder Statesman

Elder Statesman

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • Supports:Metros

Anyone know the rules with the Winter transfer window?  From Wikipedia it says MLS Feb 6-May 19.  Most of Europe is Jan1-Feb1.  Doesn't say for S. American, anyone know if there is one for S. America?

http://en.wikipedia....Transfer_window

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Anyone know the rules with the Winter transfer window?  From Wikipedia it says MLS Feb 6-May 19.  Most of Europe is Jan1-Feb1.  Doesn't say for S. American, anyone know if there is one for S. America?

http://en.wikipedia....Transfer_window

http://www.fifatms.c...ansfer-windows/

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

dieterhansi

dieterhansi

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
  • Supports:NYRB
Good luck Tim Cahill. best for both parties if true.

puhe

puhe

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • Supports:metro

He didn't want to be here.. good riddance.

NYC is Red

NYC is Red

Reserve Team

• PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Man United, US Soccer

Hope we fill at least one DP slot in the summer. Later days, Cahill!!!

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

I'll forever be appreciative of his role on the SS winning squad. But, the missed sitter in New England and his general attitude as the season rolled along is still too fresh in my mind. I'm glad this is over with and they're parting ways.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I'll forever be appreciative of his role on the SS winning squad. But, the missed sitter in New England and his general attitude as the season rolled along is still too fresh in my mind. I'm glad this is over with and they're parting ways.

I've been a little confused, when people talk about him missing the sitter against NE are you guys referring to the full volley in full stride from the top of the box?

puhe

puhe

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • Supports:metro

Only team he's ever had a problem with is Red Bulls.  Do you think he's fucking crazy or that Red Bulls are total fuck ups.   You know the answer to that one.

He soured on metro during Petke's watch for lack of playing time.  Does that mean you blame Mike?

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

I've been a little confused, when people talk about him missing the sitter against NE are you guys referring to the full volley in full stride from the top of the box?

Exactly - he scored a goal but that miss strangely overshadowed it in my memory.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Exactly - he scored a goal but that miss strangely overshadowed it in my memory.

Then I apparently have a far different definition of a "sitter" than many people

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro

Hope we fill at least one DP slot in the summer. Later days, Cahill!!!

At the rate players are falling, not sure if we're going to have anything to play for by summer...

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,261 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Cahill has no desire to return to the team in 2015. A source close to the situation, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said that “Cahill might not want to be a part of the team moving forward and the team will do its best to cooperate.”

http://www.bigapples...rticle_id=39994

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Elder Statesman

Elder Statesman

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • Supports:Metros
Hopefully they don't wait until the summer for new DPs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users