José Manuel Alberto López - 21 - Lanús

Jonathan Michael Burkardt - 21 - Mainz

Fernando Niño Rodríguez - 21 - Mallorca

Santiago Tomás Giménez - 21 - Cruz Azul

Noah Arinzechukwu Okafor - 21 - Salzburg

Karrikaburu - 19 - Real Sociedad B.

Germán Berterame - 23 - Atlético San Luis

Marin Ljubičić - 20 - Hajduk Split

Some of these would be expensive and end up with a Haaland situation where they would come dominate and we let them go in 18 months / 2 seasons.

Some of these would be Matty Ice punts, which I really liked the approach but those scouts should have been fired.

I dont see Fletcher staying around and we need a legit 2nd option as I think we all agree Barlow / Ryan who all of us appreciate their attitudes arent winning us MLS Cup.

I like it.

RBS has 6 forwards on the roster.  come on

Frankie Hajduk has his own team !?!?!?!? Awesome!

Sekou Koita at RBS - maybe we were off by a vowel or two AEIOU

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT
Yeah Salzburg is a assembly line of STs.

Adeyemi is going to dortmund and they already have

Okafor
Koita
Sesko
Adamu

I would take any of those 4 but I doubt they'd let any come here, you'd think being a decent league main ST would be better for development than being 4/5 there but they must value controlling and watching them in tranining everyday.

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

United States international Nicholas Gioacchini played this year for Montpellier in Ligue 1, on loan from Caen.  Montpellier will not be buying  him, so he may be available.  He's under contract with Caen for another year; Transfermkt says his market value is $2.2 million.

Still young (21) and won't take up an international roster spot.  Made 28 appearances for Montpellier this year.  Plays striker/winger, but has not been a prolific goalscorer.  Best season was 4 goals in Ligue 2 in '20-'21.

Was born in the USA, lived here until age 8.  Moved to Italy, but then moved back to the USA at age 12.  Moved to France when he was 15.  So he has spent a good part of his life here and might be interested in a move to MLS.

I don't see him as a DP, but he could be a step up from Fletcher or Klimala.  His young age suggests that he has not reached his potential yet.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Wouldn't hurt to contact him, but him not being prolific as an attacker doesn't seem like his acquisition would change things, at least when it comes to goals scored. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
Can they sign players that are without clubs???

Cuz Carlos Carbonero is without a club and yes he's 31 but the guy has been huge for River Plate in the past and has the soccer IQ to help this younger squad nvm the fact that he creates many scoring chances
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts

United States international Nicholas Gioacchini played this year for Montpellier in Ligue 1, on loan from Caen.  Montpellier will not be buying  him, so he may be available.  He's under contract with Caen for another year; Transfermkt says his market value is $2.2 million.

Still young (21) and won't take up an international roster spot.  Made 28 appearances for Montpellier this year.  Plays striker/winger, but has not been a prolific goalscorer.  Best season was 4 goals in Ligue 2 in '20-'21.

Was born in the USA, lived here until age 8.  Moved to Italy, but then moved back to the USA at age 12.  Moved to France when he was 15.  So he has spent a good part of his life here and might be interested in a move to MLS.

I don't see him as a DP, but he could be a step up from Fletcher or Klimala.  His young age suggests that he has not reached his potential yet.

For all the talk about youth, adding young Americans that have USMNT caps on the u20s and fringe senior USMNT players is something they under utilize....Nicholas Gioacchini is a better version of the strikers we already have... Same style.. So it's not like they can use the excuse that he isn't the right fit....

Tyler Boyd is another player I think people forgot about that could add to this roster...

Luca De la Torre I think would be a huge pick up for the central midfield... He'd be a upgrade over what we have and with all the matches MLS teams play now everyone is going to get minutes.

Ulysses Llanez is another guy that again not the big names but have been getting development against tougher competition and I think he could come back to the MLS and be a great starter..

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
And if we're talking about strikers again Sebastián Soto.. He's done it in the U20s.. He's scored for the Senior USMNT... But he hasn't been featured as the guy.. Berhalther has his favorites namely lleget, but imo Soto hasn't been given the confidence he has earned.. He's scored, in bunches when he wears the USA kit He needs to come to the MLS.. I think he would put up BWP numbers here.. And get the recognition to make him the USMNT starter.. I feel like he just needs more minutes.. Metro need a successor for BWP or a improved BWP... Bring in Soto and give BWP a job as the center forwards coach

njdevils3027

njdevils3027

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

LDLT would be a dream signing. I think he is destined for a better league though.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts

LDLT would be a dream signing. I think he is destined for a better league though.

I hope so... I don't know when but I feel like now there's so many Americans overseas that they get forgotten about... Versus if they kill it in MLS they will feature for the USMNT and probably end up at bigger clubs.. Not saying the Dutch league isn't good but it's not like he's at the Ajax either..

Again Sebastián Soto is in the same boat he's at livingston in the Scottish league.. He might as well come MLS, kill it here instead of riding bench.... Metro could use him.. His style reminds me of JPA and BWP, poacher finisher...

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

I highly doubt he is ready at 21 to give up on Europe and come to MLS. Especially an American player who lived in Europe for part of his youth. Just my opinion.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

iirc, LDLT's team got relegated, he might be out of Holland and headed elsewhere, who knows at this point. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts

I highly doubt he is ready at 21 to give up on Europe and come to MLS. Especially an American player who lived in Europe for part of his youth. Just my opinion.

I see what you mean but at 21 he has lots of years left in his career....

He could come to MLS and if he stands out and gets more playing time with the USMNT, because of his continuity in MLS, he will get offers to go back to Europe....

I feel like MLS and especially Metro should try to repatriot these players that aren't solidified in the USMNT and or their European clubs...

Because the MLS can be a showcase for them to get more time with the USMNT and probably get a better opportunity in Europe than what they have now... And if they do it at 21 there's plenty of time to get back to Europe... Maybe not to Barcelona or Liverpool or Manchester United or Bayern Munchen but maybe to a Sporting Lisboa or Valencia or West Ham...

I hope they can get a Sebastián Soto..

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
I would rather get soto instead of giochinni. I think soto could turn out to be the better play a year or two from now.

I like llanez but i dont see him starting over luq or morgan. We also have decent back ups with clark and omir

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts

I would rather get soto instead of giochinni. I think soto could turn out to be the better play a year or two from now.

I like llanez but i dont see him starting over luq or morgan. We also have decent back ups with clark and omir

I think it would be harder to pull Llanez away and I would think Clark won't be here in a year or so... I hope he stays and flourishes in a MLS all star caliber...

But I really think Sebastián Soto has a lot of upside and untapped potential and he's being under utilized in Europe...

He would be better suited to come to Metro.. He'd probably start half the matches and come in as a sub the other half... I could see him scoring 20+ goals for Metro

ig101

ig101

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,423 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Red bull need to scout in Argentina second division.  Hopefully the next signing will bring vertical metro stripes out during the goal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users