The Manwich

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,001 posts
  • Interests:Live Slow, Die Whenever
  • Supports:Slap & Pickle FC

Posted 04 April 2006 - 12:43 PM

Goalkeepers (2) – Tony Meola (New York Red Bulls), Matt Reis (New England Revolution)
Defenders (5) – Chris Albright (Los Angeles Galaxy), Nick Garcia (Kansas City Wizards), Frankie Hejduk (Columbus Crew), Pablo Mastroeni (Colorado Rapids), Eddie Pope (Real Salt Lake)
Midfielders (7) – Clint Dempsey (New England Revolution), Landon Donovan (Los Angeles Galaxy), Pat Noonan (New England Revolution), John O’Brien (out of contract), Ben Olsen (D.C. United), Steve Ralston (New England Revolution), Kerry Zavagnin (Kansas City Wizards)
Forwards (4) – Brian Ching (Houston Dynamo), Eddie Johnson (Kansas City Wizards), Taylor Twellman (New England Revolution), Josh Wolff (Kansas City Wizards))

#2 rokstedy

rokstedy

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles Galaxy & USA

Posted 04 April 2006 - 12:50 PM

WTF? Meola?!
"Last month I was in the Canary Islands, and I met up with Armada Sur, the supporters group for CD Tenerife. When the subject of MLS comes up one of the first things they ask me about is if I've heard of the Riot Squad and they mention that one of them has a LARS shirt, and describes the gask mask guy logo.

Halfway around the world and I can't get away from you guys?!?!"

Jasonma, from your other favorite message board, BigSoccer, which has become BigStupid

GOATS NEVER, GALAXY FOREVER!

#3 dirtyboy

dirtyboy

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 12:54 PM

With that shit lineup why even play the fucking game?

Between the JOB to Chivas and this lineup I’m having a shitty soccer day.

#4 Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy

Posted 04 April 2006 - 01:03 PM

I love that Landon is listed as a midfielder with the national team yet plays forward for us. Who do you think is right?

#5 loki

loki

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy

Posted 04 April 2006 - 05:04 PM

I would've liked to see Adu in that mix.... I still think this kid is better than some of players that were called up.

#6 Qamle

Qamle

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts
  • Supports:LA

Posted 04 April 2006 - 05:45 PM

Meola? Honestly how the fuck does this help our team prepare for germany? This makes me want to shit my pants.

Ching must give BA the most amazing oral ever.

#7 davidorona18

davidorona18

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy

Posted 04 April 2006 - 07:09 PM

meh.
Meola is there to earn his 100th cap, thank you very much Tony, goodbye.
Albright, Hejduk, and Pope are all there to prove match fitness, they are all potential finalists.
Nick Garcia? why? he doesn't even have a remote outside chance at the World Cup squad nor will he be around for 2010. How about Ugo, Chad Marshall?
Enough with Ching already! I saw this coming, just because you can put up 4 goals against a sorry Colorado defense does not mean you deserve another look! Chin must not go to Germany. he is useless.

#8 Roman

Roman

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, FC Bayern, USMNT, DFB

Posted 05 April 2006 - 12:59 AM

Meola comes on in the 89th minute to questions of "Who is that fat guy?" He is quickly forgotten.

#9 stopper

stopper

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,887 posts
  • Interests:Besides soccer? Golf, Asian girls, grilling, swilling good beer, petite syrah
  • Supports:Galaxy, USA. Xolos

Posted 05 April 2006 - 08:32 PM

I'm also interested in Mastroeni being listed as a defender and not a mid. I see Mastroeni and Pope playing center back. Looks like Conrad is done. Bet Berhalter is done as well.

Ching sucks.

#10 BassplayersFC

BassplayersFC

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,514 posts
  • Supports:B&GFC

Posted 06 April 2006 - 05:03 PM

JAMAICA ROSTER:
Goalkeepers: Donovan Ricketts (Bradford City, England), Shawn Sawyers (Portmore United).
Defenders: Claude Davis (Preston North End, England), Omar Daley (Portmore United), Garfield Reid (Waterhouse), Damion Stewart (Bradford City, England), Demar Stewart (Portmore United), Oneil Thompson (Boys Town).
Midfielders: Jamal Campbell-Ryce (Rotherham, England), Fabian Dawkins (Harbour View), Jermaine Hue (Kansas City, MLS), Jason Morrison (Portmore United)
Forwards: Ryan Johnson (Salt Lake, MLS), Teofore Bennett (Village United), Newton Sterling (Village United), Khari Stephenson (GAIS, Sweden), Jermaine Johnson (Tivoli).

No Tryrone.

#11 El_Dude

El_Dude

Steve Sampson Groupie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Pizza and Boyzzzz! And Galaxy! And BEER!
  • Supports:no one...they support me!

Posted 06 April 2006 - 09:48 PM

i saw meola on american soccer from gol tv and he was saying he'd love to go to this world cup---and the guys on the broadcast almost said that he needs to pull his head out of his ass...

seems to me that we don't really have any real rising stars...

what do y'all think?
STEVE SAMPSON; STILL THE GREATEST COACH OF THE LA GALAXY. EVER. PERIOD. EXCLAMATION POINT. NUF SAID. JAJAJA!

#12 SoccerDoctor

SoccerDoctor

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts
  • Interests:Germs.
  • Supports:Fire

Posted 06 April 2006 - 09:53 PM

So Ching gets a couple MLS goals and he is back on the list? Should have tried someone else. Anyone else. He has never looked good on the national team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users